Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil
(02-15-2017, 12:17 PM)Bad Dog Wrote: Unthinkable. The National Security Adviser, working for the Russians.

And, the reactionaries are defending it.

Does the word "treason" have any meaning for you, my noble debate opponents? You have certainly thrown insults my way, over time.

Maybe Reagan *did* do a deal with the Iranians over *his* election....

1. I have never, ever thrown insults your way.   I'm happy and I'll a memory I'm guessing may apply.

Some wine to cheer you up?

* I saw this post by just looking at stuff random like, like.  random, that it, I want random because it's good. Trump said random is good, so it must be good.

Irangate.

Wikipedia has this stuff.

"After Iraq invaded Iran in September 1980, Iran had a desperate need for weapons and spare parts to maintain its current weapons. After Ronald Reagan took office as President on 20 January 1981, he vowed to continue Carter's policy of blocking arms sales to Iran under the grounds that Iran was a supporter of terrorism.[15] A group of senior Reagan administration officials in the Senior Interdepartmental Group conducted a secret study on 21 July 1981."

1. After Ronald Reagan took office as POTUS, he vowed to continue Carter's policy of blocking arms sales to Iran under the grounds that Iran was a supporter of terrorism"

2.A group of senior Reagan administration officials in the Senior Interdepartmental Group conducted a secret study on 21 July 1981, which

concluded that the arms embargo was ineffective as Iran could always buy arms and spare parts for its American weapons elsewhere

3. the arms embargo opened the door for Iran to fall into the Soviet sphere of influence as the Kremlin could sell Iran weapons if the United States would not.[15] The conclusion was that the United States should start selling Iran arms as soon as it was politically possible to keep Iran from falling

4. At the same time, the openly declared goal of Ayatollah Khomeini to export his Islamic revolution all over the Middle East and overthrow the governments of Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and the other Persian Gulf states led to the Americans perceiving Khomeini as a major threat to the United States.

5. At least part of the reason why the Iran–Contra affair proved so humiliating for the United States when the story first broke in November 1986 that the US was selling arms to Iran was that American diplomats as part of Operation Staunch had from the spring of 1983 on had been lecturing other nations about how morally wrong it was to sell arms to the Islamic Republic of Iran and applying strong pressure to prevent any arms sales to Iran

6. The Reagan administration argued that because the constitution assigned the right to conduct foreign policy to the executive arm that its efforts to overthrow the government of Nicaragua were a presidential prerogative that Congress had no right to try to halt via the Boland amendments

7. Contra militants based in Honduras waged a guerrilla war to topple the Sandinista National Liberation Front (FSLN) revolutionary government of Nicaragua. Almost from the time he took office in 1981, a major goal of the Reagan administration was the overthrow of the left-wing Sandinista government in Nicaragua by backing the Contra rebels.

Yes,  obviously some somebody's should have fallen on their sword so to speak here. Nextly,  and let's get this right out in front, yes out in front.  The US by proxy attempted to do regime change in Nicaragua.  The US did pretty much the selfsame in Chile with the Pinochet.  So right here we have 2 regime change operations done by US to nations which were no threat whatsoever to the US.  So , when Russia does this, the US should never bitch but become contrite over stooping to tactics the Russians/Soviets do/did.  So that means the US can do proxy stuff in Ukraine, unless the US did a regime change before Russia did.

Back on Iran/Contra? It looks like what happen then as what happens now wrt scandals.  Look, bad dog, let's discuss snakes.  Yes , snakes.  Snakes do indeed hang together, well, rattlesnakes. Yes, in Oklahoma rattle snakes hibernate together in burrows or caves. Here's what rattle snakes, which is now "snakes" all human snakes hang together just like snakes. That's why when you have a snake pit running the Federal Government, it becomes the Feral Government and all sorts of slinky happenings like Iran Contra, Russiagate happen. So,  it's gonna be South Park like,  nothing to see here, move along. Just think what happens to outsiders when they stumble into snake pits.  It's a bad, bad, scene.

---Value Added Cool

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - by Ragnarök_62 - 03-01-2017, 08:32 PM
Stupid is as stupid does... - by Ragnarök_62 - 04-05-2017, 07:54 PM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by pbrower2a - 04-06-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by Galen - 04-08-2017, 08:47 PM