Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/polit.../99320230/

Three Democratic senators want the government to investigate Trump aide Sebastian Gorka, following reports of Gorka's ties to a far-right group in Hungary.

Democratic Sens. Ben Cardin of Maryland, Dick Durbin of Illinois and Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut on Friday sent a letter to the Department of Justice and the Department of Homeland Security, asking that they look into whether Gorka, Trump's counterterrorism adviser, falsified his naturalization application or "other illegally procured his citizenship."

At issue is whether Gorka is a member of Vitézi Rend, a group that is listed by the State Department as an organization that is under the direction of Nazi Germany. The Forward reported that Gorka was a member of the group, but he later denied any association with the group to Tablet Magazine.

The group was founded by Miklos Horthy, the ruler of Hungary from 1920 to 1944. Horthy was a Nazi ally.

"Membership in an anti-Semitic organization like the Historical Vitézi Rend should raise serious concerns regarding whether an individual holds the sort of 'hostile attitudes' that concern the administration," the senators wrote. "Failure to address this case would further confirm the intent of this Administration is to discriminate on the basis of religion, rather than combat extremist views."
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - by Eric the Green - 03-20-2017, 11:19 PM
Stupid is as stupid does... - by Ragnarök_62 - 04-05-2017, 07:54 PM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by pbrower2a - 04-06-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by Galen - 04-08-2017, 08:47 PM