Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil
(04-05-2017, 07:54 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote: Source:  http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/05/politics/c...index.html

Oh, holy fuck, both political parties have gone off the deep end.  So you warmongers, just exactly what do y'all expect to replace Assad?  IS, Al Qeada , anarchy? The US should stop this neo-crusade crap and just the hell out of there.  Blow-back's a bitch.

For the millionth time, Rags, the Free Syrian Army and its government arm would replace Assad.

Unless Russia and Iran just make it theirs, and do with it what they will.

We don't know what Drump is gonna do; he's mostly just bluster on everything. But if he does decide to whack something, he won't be polite and ask congress for permission, as Obama did. And then get knocked severely just for asking by the very people who wouldn't support him. Drump's proud that he, as an unconstitutional monarch, won't tell ANY of us what he's gonna do. Or so he says.

Personally, I hope Drump whacks Assad good and hard. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Of course, it could be dangerous if he whacks some Russians in the bargain. That might not sit too well with his puppet master. But, being a Putin puppet might help keep the Russians from attacking him; and us. Meanwhile, I have zero faith that whatever Drump does or doesn't do, will solve anything. And we're not going to war; it's not in the stars now. But a whack on the butt; why not?

""They did chemical attacks," he continued. "Barack Obama did worse than nothing. He said he was going to do something and then didn't. And that clearly gave Bashar Assad license to kill again."

But the comments from Trump and Haley were a shift from a week ago, when Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said the Syrian people would determine Assad's fate.

Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida said Tillerson's remarks could have given Assad motivation to launch the latest attack.

"My belief that if you're Bashar al-Assad and you read that it is no longer a priority of the United States to have you removed from power, I believe that that is an incentive to act with impunity," Rubio said at a news conference."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/05/politics/c...index.html

This seems just like the worst scenario I saw and wrote here regarding Putin and Europe. Now it's being applied to Syria. Give carte blanche to the aggressor; then turn on him when he takes the bait.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
Stupid is as stupid does... - by Ragnarök_62 - 04-05-2017, 07:54 PM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by pbrower2a - 04-06-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by Eric the Green - 04-06-2017, 03:00 AM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by Galen - 04-08-2017, 08:47 PM