Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil
Drump's pardon of Sherriff Arpaio is an implicit approval of racial profiling, as well as political cronyism of the worst kind and disrespect for the rule of law.

Here's what Adam Schiff of the House committee investigating him says:

Last night, while a destructive hurricane descended on Texas, President Trump was focused on something else: pardoning ex-Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Arizona.

Trump has emphasized time and again his affinity for “law and order.” But instead of trusting our courts and letting Arpaio serve his time for illegally racially profiling against Latinos, Trump used his very first presidential pardon ‪to reward a major campaign supporter.

Arpaio not only defied a court order to discriminate against Latinos, but also helped Trump spread his racist “birther” conspiracy theories against President Obama.

This move is a slap in the face to all Americans who believe the law applies to everyone and who oppose discrimination. It also comes right on the heels of the President’s expression of sympathy for white supremacists. This abuse of the presidential pardon is as unprecedented as it is appalling and I’m not afraid to say so.....

Thanks for standing with me,

Adam
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
Stupid is as stupid does... - by Ragnarök_62 - 04-05-2017, 07:54 PM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by pbrower2a - 04-06-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by Galen - 04-08-2017, 08:47 PM
RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - by Eric the Green - 08-26-2017, 06:04 PM