Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil
(09-11-2017, 11:58 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: It's hard to believe that Breitbart and the alt right are not in league with big money and corruption. All their policies and appointments support them, including the dismantling of the administrative state which is set up to protect the people from them. "Populist" does not describe the alt right. The media has mis-applied that term to them. There is a split, but it appears to be between those who are willing to compromise with common sense and decency (the establishment wing) and those who are not (the alt right and the mis-named "freedom caucus").

I certainly can't claim to be expert on all things supposedly conservative.  My only edge might come from visiting Breitbart fairly regularly.  Breitbart is fond of attributing vile motive to any coming from a different perspective.  A favorite shtick is to accurately quote an opponent, while by context and surrounding text they are attempting do discredit him and maximize the world view conflict.  They do have an agenda and regularly spin.

The alt right?  There seems to be a split between those who theoretically and idealistically seek the abstract ability to disparage and insult, and those like today's Nazi and Confederates who actually do so.  I don't particularly see this issue at the core of all things, but there seems to be quite a few rural folk who are also into the unraveling memes who tie into it.  It's about Nixon's Southern Strategy and Reagan's pregnant black welfare queen.  How do you exercise racism and get the racist vote without being too obvious about it?  The establishment isn't too obvious about it.  It doesn't mean none of them or all of them are into the game, but the old time traditionalists won't be wearing Nazi or Confederate flash.  This is the opposite of those who don't want to hide anymore. If you are young and full of testosterone, you don't want to hide.  If hate crime laws are unconstitutional, it must be American to hate.  Alas, it is, depending on what values you buy into.  Ever since King Phillip's War, the immigrants have been given a hard time by haters who have been here longer.

It seems some, including many at Breitbart, seek to split the Republican party or at least threaten the establishment to so so.  There are those who wish to teach Trump discipline, teach the ropes, and give lessons in how the game is played.  Then there are opposition who want Trump to ride the horse that got him there.  Breitbart has many of the latter on their team.  At minimum, they want the influence lost in many of the recent firings back.  If not, they threaten to ruin everything by reminding Trump and half the country of what he promised and why people voted for him.

In part, he promised the unraveling memes, but the Republican establishment knows better.  They won't work, a lot of folks know they will not work, but the hope of the middle of the country is that they will find someone who can make it work.  How hard will Trump bash into the stone wall?  Will the Democrat at heart be the new Reagan?  Is the flip on the budget a sign of interesting times to come?

I'm not saying there is no one at Breitbart who is corrupt, rich, and has an agenda.  Their focus is on Washington.  You have to assume everybody is tainted by the rich and / or corrupt with an agenda.  The spin is certainly visible for any to see.  I might even claim that this isn't just my blue leaning values talking as I'm as dubious of the blue as the red.

Anyway, I have my own ideas, but the dice are still rolling.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Messages In This Thread
Stupid is as stupid does... - by Ragnarök_62 - 04-05-2017, 07:54 PM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by pbrower2a - 04-06-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by Galen - 04-08-2017, 08:47 PM
RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - by Bob Butler 54 - 09-11-2017, 01:31 PM