Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil
(09-27-2017, 10:47 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(09-27-2017, 10:13 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(09-27-2017, 09:56 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(09-27-2017, 06:03 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: It seems to me that Trump is diving into another controversy.  It's the NFL now.  As an ordinary mortal, you can buy into the notion that there is no bad publicity.  You want to be in the public eye, the more the better.

As a politician, people usually choose their targets more carefully.

Still, careful has never been a strong point for Trump.

This one has been twisted by what gestures mean.  Between institutional hatred, lack of training and cheap military equipment, police culture is less than ideal.  I've always supported BLM's original message, though I haven't made it anything like a primary cause.

However, the gesture chosen has been converted in some people's mind from a gesture against the police to a gesture about the military and the nation.  Free speech is wonderful, but choosing to deliberately misconstrue what the other guy is saying is not free speech.

I guess that puts me with the players, but perhaps not for the usual reasons.
I wonder how many football fans paid attention to the football players who opted to continue their protest by kneeling during the National Anthem this year.

How about how many people pay attention to football in general? I don't care about "futbahhl" <- "cornpone" pronunciation. Big Grin   I think the game which lasts like 2 hours is corn holed with 45 minutes of commercials, 30 minutes for half time, 15 minutes of misc. fluff like star spangled banner thingie, and yes, 15 minutes of actual game play.

You can niggle the numbers a bit, but the gist is about right.  Quartz put out a summary.

Under the unlikely case that you care...

I looked... It's worse than I thought.  Game lasts 3 hours and 12 minutes was a shock.  This 17 minutes for replays?
Obviously sports casters are extraverts.  I'm sure they got more mouth time when they did their contracts.
---Value Added Cool

Messages In This Thread
Stupid is as stupid does... - by Ragnarök_62 - 04-05-2017, 07:54 PM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by pbrower2a - 04-06-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by Galen - 04-08-2017, 08:47 PM
RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - by Ragnarök_62 - 09-28-2017, 12:39 AM