Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil
(10-02-2017, 12:24 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(10-02-2017, 12:16 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: You may see, like President Trump, Mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz as a shrill Cassandra. But she is in far better position (word of mouth) to know what reality is in Puerto Rico, especially in its hurricane-ravaged back country, than he does. Word of mouth, which is good enough to make a failure out of an expensively-produced and lavishly-marketed cinematic bomb, can spread a meme quickly. This time the memes that no longer have landline or even cellular phones to get out the message, are word-of-mouth. Donald Trump has only his optimism about a bad situation.

If "Red" women were to get more education (and their daughters might), then they would less likely be "Red". The personal qualities that make a registered nurse a registered nurse instead of a waitress-short-order cook- cashier at a chain restaurant off Exit 33 are more likely to make the registered nurse a Democrat. "Red" women are more likely to submit to husbands who expect such submission.

I can already predict that Mayor Cruz will be present at the Democratic National Convention in 2020. She will give Hell to President Trump and his enablers. Well-deserved hell, that is.
Gee, my Republican voting mother was a registered nurse.

As late as 1964, people with college degrees voted in a majority for Barry Goldwater despite his blowout loss to the Democrat. Most RN's now have bachelor's degrees. I am tempted to believe that the majority of them now vote Democratic. People with bachelor's degrees or higher now vote majority-Democratic.

But surely you have seen my Obama-Eisenhower overlay map. Eisenhower won the best-educated states in the 1950s. Getting a bachelor's degree requires some qualities of personal temperament, and those qualities favor someone like Eisenhower or Obama.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
Stupid is as stupid does... - by Ragnarök_62 - 04-05-2017, 07:54 PM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by pbrower2a - 04-06-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by Galen - 04-08-2017, 08:47 PM
RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - by pbrower2a - 10-02-2017, 12:39 PM