Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil
(10-02-2017, 11:36 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(10-02-2017, 09:41 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: Yes, she is female.  I consider that a fact rather than a stereotype.

Yes, he, meaning Trump, did not respond well.  It is not a broad painting of a larger group of people.  It is a well documented tendency of a particular (expletive deleted).

I suspect that I was somewhere inconsistent.  I'm not pretending to be holier than thou.  Your accusation above is not a good illustration.
Actually, you've been consistent and you were being consistent with the blue's view of the males on the other side. We are all anti-women, we look down on women, we don't believe in women, we don't respect women, we don't care about women and so forth. We are also racists, homophobes, fascists and so on according to the stereotype. Yes, she is a female. What kind of female is she? Is she competent? Is she power hungry and politically ruthless like Clinton? Is she greedy? Is she honest and wholesome or an evil  cunt? You must know her better than me.

I've met/seen a lot of women during my life. You don't know what type of woman she is until you see them in action, she their personalities, see their weakness's and their flaws. We know that blue women are the best. We are often told/ propagandized by the blues that their women are the best. Blue women are the most educated, the most knowledgeable, the most competent, the most respectful, the most kind and generous women on earth. Red women are fools who don't know their interests, women who don't know their place, women who don't know what their interests are or what their interests should be, women who don't know how they should be politically aligned and so forth.

By the time you add in the stereotypical thinking, you're got a stereotype.  To say she is a female isn't stereotype.  It is a fact.  If you presume that all women are this and that, you could get a stereotype really easy.

Now, my job was software engineer.  There was no real reason for the ladies not to join.  They did.  I certainly had no complaints.  At the time, I did much of my reading into hunter gatherers.  I wouldn't be surprised if males did more of the hunting and border defending, while females did more of the gathering and nurturing.  There are differences.  There are reasons for the differences.  The genders had different roles in the society we both evolved for.  None of the differences really got in the way while developing software.  Then again, the same seemed true of culture and skin pigmentation.  Some make a big deal of it.  As you suggest, education level may be part of it.  Then again, could both genders become happier trying to replicate the environment their predecessors evolved for?  Is that even possible?  It doesn't seem on the table.  I'll keep it in mind, but I prefer to let each choose their own path.

The error seems to be one of projection.  Because you think in terms of stereotypes, you are assuming that everyone does.  I was and remain no saint, but that wasn't one of my problems.  Just noticing someone is female doesn't imply I'm judging and partitioning.

Have I heard any of the stereotypes?  If course.  If a lady thinks motherhood is her path to happiness, I'll have fun at the wedding.  If she wants to try writing code, give her a terminal.  Regardless of gender, let everyone choose their own path, and if you can help them along you do so.  I don't select people's paths for them and try to force it.  I likely made a few mistakes.  I don't encourage anyone repeating them.

I did recently read the Wiki article on Carmen Cruz, the mayor in question.  She is a fairly attractive woman.  She seems quite qualified.  I don't feel any of the stereotypes are helpful, so I ignore them.  She has made herself important enough that I at least would see her treated as herself rather than as a stereotype.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Messages In This Thread
Stupid is as stupid does... - by Ragnarök_62 - 04-05-2017, 07:54 PM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by pbrower2a - 04-06-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by Galen - 04-08-2017, 08:47 PM
RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - by Bob Butler 54 - 10-02-2017, 03:27 PM