Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil
(03-29-2018, 12:51 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: I shudder whenever I hear on the news that our so-called president is making decisions for our country. Who is he to do this? He has no qualifications to be president, and deserves no respect for his behavior or policies. I think democracy has failed in the USA. It has not produced a leadership in any of the three branches of government that is worthy of the office. We can't trust the American people to make good decisions. Or is this a temporary aberration? The choices Americans have been making have been pretty bad for some time. Now it's just reached a breaking point. Where does the USA go from here?

Democracy hasn't failed in the USA it is being systematically removed from the process.  

First, the President was not chosen from a democratic process.  The President was chosen by the electoral college.  Democracy would have produced President Clinton.

Second, gerrymandering has removed democracy from numerous states.  The House of Representatives is supposed to be most responsive to the will of the people, however experts estimate that Democrats would have to win by 8 points to take the House. That is not democracy.  A good example is Virginia where Democrats won statewide by 10 points and still lost the Legislature.  Add voter suppression and Citizens United to the list.

The system is being rigged to make democracy a shiny front with no substance. The plutocrats are making their play for permanent power and permanent wealth.  The institutions that preserve American freedom and democracy are being destroyed.  We have to restore democracy in this country.

Messages In This Thread
Stupid is as stupid does... - by Ragnarök_62 - 04-05-2017, 07:54 PM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by pbrower2a - 04-06-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by Galen - 04-08-2017, 08:47 PM
RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - by Another Xer - 04-19-2018, 07:19 PM