Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil
Exclamation 
(09-28-2018, 06:27 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(09-28-2018, 04:42 PM)pbrower2a Wrote:
(09-28-2018, 01:14 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: You seem like a ditz to me too. Would you prefer to be called a ditz or a half wit? If he was an alcoholic, the woman he's with wouldn't be with him. The blue half wit Senator with the pretty blue eyes who doesn't seem able to read REAL facial expressions didn't have a clue what his wife's facial expression were telling me either. The blue half wit senator with the pretty blues can afford to be viewed as another blue half wit and come across to half wit blues as another blue half wit when all they need to impress is a bunch of blue half wits like themselves.

Well, I have a difficult time in reading non-verbal language and with facial recognition. That goes with Asperger's syndrome. That is not stupidity.

So why would women marry alcoholics?

1. They are alcoholics themselves. The more the merrier?
2. He is more than an alcoholic, but she thinks that she can get him to go sober. It rarely works.
3. She is accustomed to alcoholics as males in her life. All the men that she knows (father, grandfather, brothers, cousins) are alcoholics.

Half wit? Me? Now that is a real joke.

What make you think he's an alcoholic? Are you taking you're cues from a Blue Senator from a sort of blue state these days who is NOW in the process of losing her job? I drink beer but I'm not an alcoholic. I drink cocktails but I'm not an alcoholic.

Did you hear his testimony? He talked about his drinking. He talked about heavy drinking. He is basically auditioning for a seat on the US Supreme Court and he says "I like beer!" Unless someone drinks as sporadically as I do one can usually estimate what the fellow drinks by multiplying by two. (For some reason, doubling the amount that teetotalers drinks also works). This fellow was a problem drinker in youth, and he still drinks, which is characteristic of a middle-aged alcoholic

This lore is from AA material, and I consider myself fortunate that I know about this only second-hand. AA literature holds that some people have the sort of metabolism that makes them alcoholics even before they ever take a drink. In other words, one can be a born alcoholic who will become a problem drinker as soon as one has the first drink. There is one predictable way for any problem drinker to cease being a problem drinker, and this applies both to binge drinkers and habitual drunks -- to give up drinking altogether.

I admit to having an occasional drink, and my therapist even encouraged me to have a drink just to dissolve the anxiety that goes with Asperger's.  One drink, typically a beer or a glass of wine. That is enough.

Quote:You have a hard time reading people and picking out emotional signs associated with people. Why would a decent, modest woman like her marry a KNOWN alcoholic? Dude, if you're an alcoholic you're nothing more than an alcoholic because alcoholics place alcohol above everything else in importance.

Hardly. Many want the Good Life of consumer indulgence. Many are devoutly religious. Many have highly-responsible positions. Many are good family men or women and sleep off their insobriety so that they create few problems.

The cues to alcoholism are obvious to anyone. I have reported a drunk driver to the local police. He had his head out the window as if he were a dog trying to get maximum airflow into his lungs. He was weaving, and he was not maintaining a consistent speed. I pulled over to call on  my cell phone, and he took off.  Some symptoms might resemble a diabetic coma which has much the same effect as drunkenness, but someone in a diabetic coma had better not be driving at the time.

Consume lots of alcoholic beverages? You are probably an alcoholic. Miss work because of your drinking? You are probably an alcoholic. Avoid social events because they are non-drinking events? You are probably an alcoholic.

Quote:It's kind of like race and gender among blues being placed higher in importance. Yes, half wit, you and I'm using it as a joke and when you see it being applied by me, you better start thinking blue blood and you better start paying attention to what I'm pointing out unless you enjoy being hammered and being made a fool of in front of an audience.

Hammered? Moi? What a joke. Race and gender above all else? Not being gay (Men -- yuck!), gender matters greatly to me in seeking a partner for love. Race? I've done my genealogy, and I find some people of suspicious origin. Most Americans of a certain time have excellent records of their origins. Some people had something to hide. Origins somewhere south of the Mediterranean basin, maybe?

Compatibility implies similar values in culture. That is not race. The music that I love most is extremely popular in Japan and Korea. So far as I know I have no ancestors from eastern Asia.

Quote:Kiff once told me that didn't like the people she viewed as intellectually lazy.

The intellectually-lazy are schmucks. It is far easier to use a mind and far more satisfying than doing raw labor. But Asperger's has me and I will admit that I am little more than my intellect. I must act just to seem normal enough to not be seen as crazy or even dangerous.  

Quote:Well, as it turned out, I don't like them that much either and I destroyed her with the use of my superior intellect and my superior emotional strength and use of accurate terms. Asperger's syndrome ain't going to protect you around me dude.

No, you bored Kiff and drove her off. Or she died. Or... who was the legendary Kiff, anyway?
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
Stupid is as stupid does... - by Ragnarök_62 - 04-05-2017, 07:54 PM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by pbrower2a - 04-06-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by Galen - 04-08-2017, 08:47 PM
RE: Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil - by pbrower2a - 09-28-2018, 07:29 PM