Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Millennials and GenZ horribly misidentified
(05-22-2019, 05:49 PM)David Horn Wrote: True, but progress isn't mandated.  Bad ideas lead to bad results.  No one gets to claim that a failure is a great accomplishment just because they won.

Except when they inevitably always do.

(05-22-2019, 06:08 PM)Kinser79 Wrote: In the broadest sense of what social institutions are they are in fact institutions. People work in businesses, buy their goods from businesses, an well do just about everything else with businesses where the government hasn't carved for itself a monopoly. Because an institution does not fit your preconceived notion of what an instituion is or should be does not mean it is not in fact an institution.
This is laughable because if you take a look at what actually new sort of companies millennials started it's mostly super progressive bay area bullshit in the us, and copies of that all over the world. Not something that is an institution and thus a backbone of a country.

(05-22-2019, 06:08 PM)Kinser79 Wrote: If you've not figured it out by now he's an idiot and is best made fun of or ignored.
It's funny how he would say the literal exact same thing about you.
Quote:The NeoCon estblishment are failed Trotskites actually, and thus leftists. The Paleo-con and Libertarian right is not interested in outrage culture.
This sounds like some 9/11 truther type of crazytalk from the perspective of someone who has lived in ex-communist countries.
They are right wing just as much as the others, but you don't want to accept it because of the absolutely retarded tribalism that is ruining politics. Your in-group has to be exclusively perfect, therefore whoever isn't totally perfect just has to be "not a real XYZ".

Quote:I sneer at the likes of AOC because she is a tempest in a teapot.
Yes, i was talking about millennials not you. Sneering at AOC is okay, because she was the one trying to propose a new idea that was retarded, so she should be humble.
*Her* and her supporters sneering at others, just as much as libertarians and co sneering at others is not okay, because if you present ideas you have to first convince others that they are actually good, and reality check your ideas and be ready to accept criticism and see that your ideas might not always be good.

This is something that absolutely has to happen for society to be able to get out of the current crisis, and there are not enough people abiding by it. Look at what Eric said seriously, he described everything perfectly.
Eric Wrote:"AOC is a PROPHET"
As if it was their god given right and duty to tell everyone else what to do and anyone not doing exactly as they say are just heretics.
The entire millennial cohort is very much working from the point of "this is how things are SUPPOSED TO BE, you are SUPPOSED TO LISTEN TO ME AND AGREE WITH ME", sneering at anyone who disagrees.
This is what prevents them from being an actual force of change.

They are the prime proponents of this culture, but you and eric wholeheartedly buy into it as well and it's a goddamn shame.
You sneer at climate change even though it's a scientific fact, he sneers at mass migration problems even though they are statistical facts.

As long as neither of you admit that the other one might have a right to actually be concerned about the issues, as long as people continue this absurd trend of making the ISSUES instead of the SOLUTIONS partisan, there will be absolutely no way to actually change something about society. And this i think, i hope, is what GenZ are doing differently.

Quote:If you're not from America then tell me where the media you consume from America is derived? From New York, LA and San Franshitsco. There is a reason that people like Eric fear "Fly Over Country", which is where the Real Americans live. America is more of a continent in and of itself than a single country-a la Europe.
I was talking about the fact that i know it's not just the coastal areas, because i see the exact same thing everywhere in the world not just in america. This is a generational not a locational phenomenon.
Also i consume youtube too and don't watch CNN, FOX or co.

Quote:Having political connections with people in the Millienial generation in other countries just as many support Brexit. One shouldn't take BBC propaganda at face value just like they shouldn't take CNN propaganda at face value.
This is factually untrue. There are independent statistics about who supported brexit and why. Millennials as a generation by far support causes like the remain camp, AOC, social justice, and causes on the other side of the political spectrum with the same lack of justification too. Because they had a profound sense of "it's how it's supposed to be" installed in them.
I have completely given up on GenY unless they suddenly mature and change. If you have not then you are in deeper denial than the grand canyon.

Quote: increasing nationalism (which is a very good thing).
Again, it's a good thing in *THEORY* but if it doesn't stop as soon as the EU is broken up it will lead to the death of europe, because the european economies CANNOT STAND on their own facing china and an increasingly hostile US.

This is why i support the Intermarium project, which contrary to the EU is something actually done by the elected governments for the benefit of the people not by unelected officials for the benefit of corporations - the way the EU started and continues to be to this day.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Millennials and GenZ horribly misidentified - by NobodyImportant - 05-28-2019, 05:47 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Millennials are now 40!!! Cocoa_Puff 13 3,799 01-08-2022, 02:58 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Why 2001-2003 is the cusp between Millennials and New Adaptives RELFantastic 14 5,518 08-19-2021, 09:00 AM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Boomers and Millennials: Oops! Anthony '58 33 16,940 12-02-2019, 06:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Biggest share of whites in U.S. are Boomers, but for minority groups it’s Millennials Dan '82 2 3,980 07-08-2016, 11:17 AM
Last Post: The Wonkette