Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fitting Trump into the flow of history
(05-21-2019, 09:52 AM)David Horn Wrote:
(05-21-2019, 09:46 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: If he does not make the Presidency in 2020, then a Cabinet post seems like a near-certainty.

Agreed, assuming he wants one.  He seems to be a natural executive with both a brain and a heart.  That may not fit in any cabinet post.  I think he could run for the Senate and win, but that may not be his cup of tea either.  Another option might be VP under a Biden or Warren, who may choose to skip 2024, leaving him as the leading candidate to replace him/her.

Seems logical, but it won't work. The VP will need to be someone who can win. If the Democrats win in 2020, and the current candidates are the crop from which Democrats choose their next nominee, the Democrats will lose in 2024. That's the way it looks to me from the cosmic crystal ball, and it fits the facts. Buttigieg just doesn't have the umph to generate confidence in him as a leader. Americans don't choose calm, rational people as their president. Only us liberals want them. It's like what you said about Biden being too boring too; that applies to Buttigieg too. Trump may be slightly favored to win in 2020. 

It might be for the best. Trump will enter a maelstrom if he's re-elected; a maelstrom largely of his own doing. In any case, the new moon before the 2024 election says the challenging party will win the popular vote. Right after this election, a rebellion will break out. The rebels will lose, because rebellions do not succeed in the USA. Whoever owns the White House in 2025 will suppress the rebellion and set the tone for the next saeculum. 

If the Democrats don't win in 2024, then the left will rebel and lose. If the Democrats win in 2024, then they can suppress a rebellion by right wing wackos, tax haters and gun nuts, and set the tone for the next saeculum. 2024 will be even more crucial than 2020. If Democrats don't learn that the current candidate crop are a bunch of abject losers, and if they manage to get one of them nominated for 2024, they will lose when it comes time to replace a president Biden or Sanders in 2024, and the country will lose too.

Caveat: Stacey Abrams, who may join the current candidate crop soon, may have enough charisma to win the presidency in 2024, if Republicans make a bad choice for their nominee. But that is very, very uncertain, and she would probably have a very difficult term if re-elected-- which would be unlikely anyway.

A cabinet post for Buttigieg seems a natural fit for him. That's an executive post. As a nominee, he would be a charming loser.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fitting Trump into the flow of history - by Eric the Green - 05-21-2019, 01:30 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abandon-business events and a history book MarkDBlackwell 0 888 05-26-2021, 04:40 PM
Last Post: MarkDBlackwell
  Some Prophetic Matrix and the Thermodynamic Cycle of History Mark40 2 2,615 08-14-2019, 08:25 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund