Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts from the Russian Federation
Welcome. Interesting thoughts. Not being Russian, I don't have the close knowledge that you do. It seems apparent though that Putinism is draining the nation, and if it goes in his direction it will decline rather than be great again. Just like Trump's similar nationalism will not make America great again but consign it to rapid decline.

Eventually, old time religion and old time rationalism are alike on borrowed time. Young people want to be free everywhere, and I don't see that ever changing from now on. I predict there will be no new "patriotic generation" anywhere. Nation states and dogmatic religions alike are long out of date already. We are a global society and we will move toward openness (within practical limits), freedom and renewed non-dogmatic spirituality everywhere.

There is always a trend toward reaction around, as people revert to what is familiar, safe and comforting and requires no responsibility or curiosity. I just think the trend of evolution is toward human development, rather than perpetual periodic reactionary regression and stalemate.

What do you think? How am I wrong?

Just my boomer 2 cents. Welcome to the discussion.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
Thoughts from the Russian Federation - by Isoko - 11-09-2019, 06:17 PM
RE: Thoughts from the Russian Federation - by Eric the Green - 11-09-2019, 07:06 PM