Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts from the Russian Federation
Hi Eric, 

You express interesting thoughts and I can see where you are coming from. However, I do not wish to sound abrupt but the idea of one global state I feel has passed. It was a popular mode of thinking in the 1990s but the world has retracted since then. I have met a few Russians who share the utopian vision of thus but for the most part I think it is just wishful thinking.

Ultimately it was a western desire born out of world war 2. The west decided never again and desired the global vision of unity. Problem is the rest of the world hasn't caught up to this level of thinking. Hence the problems with jingoism, radicalism, etc, etc. 

Basically my thoughts are the world is going to be another 19th century with Russia, China and India and others getting rich and the west being the sick man this time around. It'll be a long century like the 19th but when these countries have finally achieved what the west has, they will fight amongst themselves. I'm looking at a 22nd century age of conflict like the 20th was to the 19th.

We could have had a global century but America kinda screed it up with the Bush admin and its never been right since. 

As for Putinism you are correct in one essence. It is draining the nation. But on the other hand the idea of Russia being a unique country with a special destiny I think will live on. Its not Europe its Russia and it is a different mindset altogether.

Messages In This Thread
Thoughts from the Russian Federation - by Isoko - 11-09-2019, 06:17 PM
RE: Thoughts from the Russian Federation - by Isoko - 11-09-2019, 07:54 PM