Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts from the Russian Federation
(11-10-2019, 12:48 AM)Warren Dew Wrote:
(11-09-2019, 06:17 PM)Isoko Wrote: To start with we have the 50+ crowd which is nostalgic for the USSR and actually regret it's demise. Very nice people and true believers in the internationale, that is everyone on the earth is a comrade. They were taught mainly friendship of the nations and stick to it.

What happened to the people in that age range that were excited about "glasnost" and "perestroika" and the fall of the Soviet Union?  Or when they think of the Soviet Union, are they thinking of Gorbachev's Soviet Union, rather than Lenin/Stalin/Kruschev/Brezhnev's?

Quote:Anyway overall the attitudes of Russians is friendly to Europe, dislike of America (for obvious reasons) and that is in general about it.

The reasons aren't obvious to me; could you clarify the reasons for dislike of America?

Also, I take it you think the collapse of the Soviet Union was the end of a crisis that reset the generational cycle, basically erasing WWII as the previous crisis?  That sounds consistent with your assessment of the generations, but I thought the 1990s were so different from the next decade for Russia that 1990-2010 as the "high" doesn't seem perfectly coherent.

Good questions.

I doubt Isoko thinks the generational cycle could only last 40 years or so.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
Thoughts from the Russian Federation - by Isoko - 11-09-2019, 06:17 PM
RE: Thoughts from the Russian Federation - by Eric the Green - 11-10-2019, 02:10 AM