Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts from the Russian Federation
(11-10-2019, 12:48 AM)Warren Dew Wrote:
(11-09-2019, 06:17 PM)Isoko Wrote: To start with we have the 50+ crowd which is nostalgic for the USSR and actually regret it's demise. Very nice people and true believers in the internationale, that is everyone on the earth is a comrade. They were taught mainly friendship of the nations and stick to it.

What happened to the people in that age range that were excited about "glasnost" and "perestroika" and the fall of the Soviet Union?  Or when they think of the Soviet Union, are they thinking of Gorbachev's Soviet Union, rather than Lenin/Stalin/Kruschev/Brezhnev's?

Quote:Anyway overall the attitudes of Russians is friendly to Europe, dislike of America (for obvious reasons) and that is in general about it.

The reasons aren't obvious to me; could you clarify the reasons for dislike of America?

Also, I take it you think the collapse of the Soviet Union was the end of a crisis that reset the generational cycle, basically erasing WWII as the previous crisis?  That sounds consistent with your assessment of the generations, but I thought the 1990s were so different from the next decade for Russia that 1990-2010 as the "high" doesn't seem perfectly coherent.

The establishment American Politicians have largely used Russia as a lightning rod for domestic problems...or were you living in a cave for the last few years?

Having been to Russia several times, staying there for extended periods and yes, knowing old people there...my experience is they are not fond of Gorbachev and more so earlier eras of Soviet history.  Stalin is very much a national hero to this day--though he's a Georgian and not a Russian.

As I've said previously WW2 WAS NOT A RUSSIAN 4T . Rather that the 4T ended some time around 1922-ish after the Reds had secured the revolution and that the Great Patriotic War took place during a 2T for Russians. 

Russia is a completely separate civilization from the West, and is also on a completely separate time line.

@Isoko

Welcome to the forum.  I hope your enjoy your stay here.  Also Eric is an idiot, who has the scientific understanding of a medieval peasant.  Just wait until he tells you that matter does not exist.
It really is all mathematics.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.

Messages In This Thread
Thoughts from the Russian Federation - by Isoko - 11-09-2019, 06:17 PM
RE: Thoughts from the Russian Federation - by Kinser79 - 11-12-2019, 11:38 PM