Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts from the Russian Federation
(11-20-2019, 03:14 AM)Hintergrund Wrote: It makes sense re: the Crises, but I still think it's odd that Stalin, his purges and the Holodomor constitute a High. And even if it's true, how is the first half of Stalin's rule a High, but the second one an Awakening? What happened?

Also, many Russians joke that their history can be concluded in one sentence: "Things got worse." Does their cycle only have two seasons (of different length), Crisis and everything else?

Well China was in a High from 1949-1967, that featured both the Thousands Flowers Campaign and the Great Leap Forward. Also, Cambodia might have been in a High during the rule of Pol Pot.

Anyway the impression that I got from Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, was that the Stalinist purges and the Gulags were a product of a spirit dead society, Solzhenistyn certainly criticized the immoral nature of the Gulag system. By the way Solzhenitsyn (1918) in my opinion seems have been a Artist/Prophet cusper, which sounds right if the Bolshevik Revolution Crisis ended in 1922.

Messages In This Thread
Thoughts from the Russian Federation - by Isoko - 11-09-2019, 06:17 PM
RE: Thoughts from the Russian Federation - by Teejay - 11-20-2019, 03:45 AM