Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts from the Russian Federation
(04-23-2020, 10:57 AM)Isoko Wrote: If Russia is ever going to have a 2T, it is going to be more of a spiritual or religious nature I think. It's America that has social 2T events but Russia not really....

I think it might have to do with Protestantism, which emphasises a "personal relationship with Jesus". Orthodoxy is more about community rituals and tradition. My ancestors on my father's side were from the Pinsk area in Belarus, so I know this mindset quite well. I also think even Catholicism does not encourage an Anglo-style awakening. I don't think there were too many hippies in Italy.

Quote:As for generations, I guess you could say that the current youth generation is more of a weird 2T/3T hybrid if it is even possible. The kids in school now behave more like civics and that is a 4T generation on the making.

What about the following:
The old Soviet elites were never destroyed completely, so Putin could rebuild the system rather quickly. The freedom turnings were shorter than they should be according to S&H, and they left the populace scared. My father's childhood friend was killed on the street in Petersburg in the 90s, it happened during the day.

Messages In This Thread
Thoughts from the Russian Federation - by Isoko - 11-09-2019, 06:17 PM
RE: Thoughts from the Russian Federation - by Blazkovitz - 04-24-2020, 03:34 AM