Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts from the Russian Federation
P. 1 I would say that Orthodoxy is a very likely explanation but also I think it is how Russia itself evolved as a society. When you have a very cold country and are constantly under attack, community values become more important then ever. 

There are many speculations that Russia will create some kind of new high culture in the future that will probably inspire the way based on community living and values. It has been called Sobornost, a philosophy first coined in the 19th century. It emphasises community but also the individual within the community. Sort of like a third way between individualism and collectivism.

P. 2 The thing is Russia is weird. Nobody actually wanted the Soviet Union to collapse in Russia. The only major protests were in the Baltic and Caucasian states, not really Russia itself. I think that the youth of that time would have preferred had Gorbachev actually succeeded along with keeping the best elements of Communism. 

Even today you can talk to that generation and they all miss something from the USSR. It's a weird thing.

Messages In This Thread
Thoughts from the Russian Federation - by Isoko - 11-09-2019, 06:17 PM
RE: Thoughts from the Russian Federation - by Isoko - 04-24-2020, 05:01 AM