Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it just me or is the 21st century....rather boring?
(05-01-2020, 04:23 AM)Blazkovitz Wrote:
(04-29-2020, 03:42 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(04-29-2020, 09:14 AM)Blazkovitz Wrote:
Mickey123 Wrote:Soon enough, things will be very exciting, even more exciting than a global pandemic. The U.S. will be at war with China, or in the middle of a civil or revolutionary war, and excitement will be had by all.

Wow, so you think wars and mayhem are exciting? Something must be wrong with you Tongue For me, the sooner the 1T starts the better.

Except for the last sentence, I agree.

But, a revolution or a civil war could end up being "exciting" if it's the only way to bring about a newer world.

It's certainly a risky proposition though, with much boring mayhem involved. And we would probably be "fooled again"

The longer the 4T lasts and the more mayhem it involves, the more collectivistic the 1T consensus becomes. The only exception I can think of is the American Revolution, though after reading how S&H described the "rational masonic brotherhood", I doubt if it was individualistic. Was it collectivistic, or merely communitarian?

It's quite possible that a 1T after mayhem becomes more collectivistic. Is that the same as boring? Not sure. Depends how boring the collective is. Napoleon's collectivism was very exciting, for example. Kenneth Clark said Napoleon made the sublime visible and within reach. Reconstruction was pretty exciting. The 50s were boring, but there was the excitement of the Cold War and the Space Race, I guess.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it just me or is the 21st century....rather boring? - by Eric the Green - 05-01-2020, 10:16 PM