Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it just me or is the 21st century....rather boring?
(05-16-2020, 04:15 AM)Isoko Wrote: You know, it is an interesting concept about war and what generates excitement in it. From my own research, it is a question that has troubled me but it all boils down to basic psychology. Human beings love war to begin with as it adds excitement and an unleashing of energy that has been boiling up for decades... 

Yes.  I had not included the surge in seemingly random violence in the USA, but this has concerned me greatly too.  Quite possibly this is a valid connection.  Man is inherently violent, bred for war.  Conflict was cost effective between groups of humans during the time the gene pool was set.

Over in the Generational Dynamics thread, this is in a way the central issue.  Are even nukes powerful enough to overcome man’s inclination to violence?  Can even nukes traumatize the culture with the threat of imminent destruction to move a culture into an avoidance of war?  I say yes.  Xenakis says no.

[irony] Let’s just have a fun non-boring time blowing everything up. [/irony]

I just watch for the Spiral of Violence to increase.  It seems stuck at the lone nut level.  Group violence which preserves the group to strike again has not happened yet, let alone become common.  

Meanwhile, for those parts of the world in sync with the World War violence, the prophet-nomad-civic generation is on the verge of aging out.

There is still a window there.  It is not a trivial problem to hit it.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it just me or is the 21st century....rather boring? - by Bob Butler 54 - 05-16-2020, 05:17 AM