Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it just me or is the 21st century....rather boring?
(05-16-2020, 10:43 PM)Kinser79 Wrote:
(05-16-2020, 09:16 AM)Isoko Wrote: 1) The status quo will continue to remain with Western countries continuing a long ward decline over the decades with few changes.

I would argue that war is not required to resolve a 4T.  Just take a look at the Glorious Revolution and why it was called that as a case in point.  In situation 1 you've laid out though I would argue that this would set up a muted end to the 4T.  The turning began around 2006 and will end sometime between 2024 and 2030 simply by the change of the generational make up.  It has to, it is inevitable. Which is probably why I don't understand why people get so hung up on events when it is generational constellations that matter far more.

A crisis turning going by without a trigger would have been a doozy in terms of having to reshuffle the turnings.  I am not worrying about that anymore.  We will also have to see if the next awakening is transformative, as the last one likely was.

I would add Queen Victoria's reforms to avoid a revolt in Britain as another mild crisis.  It isn't often that a conservative leader turns just progressive enough to avoid things blowing up into a full scale crisis, but it should be noted.

I am not sure either if this crisis is all that mild.  If systematic racism takes a hit in the current wave of protests, if abiding by the science rather than some sort of political fantasy being accepted, that will be crisis enough for me.  The incubation time of the virus is too short.  Trying to solve that problem by fantasizing it out of existence is not likely to work.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it just me or is the 21st century....rather boring? - by Bob Butler 54 - 06-13-2020, 09:28 PM