Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it just me or is the 21st century....rather boring?
(06-17-2020, 04:09 PM)TnT Wrote: Boring?

Things seem to move slowly, but power dynamics are shifting.  I'm thinking the chickens will come home to roost, for the American Empire.  I like this quote from Rabih Alameddine, taken from a discussion about Conrad's "Heart of Darkness" and its parallels with this country:

"We invade yiour countries, destroy your economies, demolish your infrastructures, murder hundreds of thousands of your citizens, and a decade or so later we write beautifully restrained novels about how killing you made us cry."

If the lunatic in the White House manages to weaken us sufficiently, who knows?  Maybe some folks out there in the world will come after the leavings.

I'm optimistic enough to believe (hope?) that there are just not that many younger Americans who've swigged the Kool-Aid and lost their minds.  We Boomers are beginning the thinning process in earnest, so the Millies are the dominant generation if they choose to be.  From all indications, they are not going to tolerate this much longer.  Let's hope it's this year.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it just me or is the 21st century....rather boring? - by David Horn - 06-17-2020, 05:21 PM