Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The 4T Generational Constellations - Red v Blue
(09-22-2020, 01:11 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: So we have a red vs. blue generational constellation. How does a 4T play out if the new Supreme Court is poised to throw out every legislative advance or solution? How can the people fight the Supreme Court, if Democrats are too timid to pack the Court, remove the filibuster, and take the other measures that will be needed to defeat it? What is left except a secession movement, leading to possible invasion if Trump or a Trumpist is in power, or a revolution crushed by a public and its state opposed to "anarchists"? If the Democrats run Harris in 2024, which will guarantee a Republican return to power in the White House, and a Court ready to OK almost any unconstitutional or abnormal decree or behavior by the Republican president, and remove anything Biden may have accomplished by whatever means, what do blue activists do then?

The task for the blue constellation looks daunting indeed now.

Trump cannot win a free and fair election. He can cheat if he pulls the right levers, and in view of his bad position in the event of electoral defeat I expect him to have fixers trying to pull those levers for him. I have no desire to give anyone any hints on what those levers would be. Most obvious would be nullifying the votes that he dislikes. Maybe he would selectively choose that state legislatures (or at lest the chamber in his favor) decide which way their state applies its electoral votes, or that the Governor make the decision. Should he do this, then we might have a series of secessions. 

I would rather have a passport that says "Republic of Michigan" than one that connects me to a dictatorship. 

I can imagine how much appeal the President has within the Armed Services. 

Will it be appropriate to nullify his dubious achievements? Obviously we cannot nullify the deaths of over 200,000 people as the result of his bungled response to COVID-19. If we are to do so, then such would be limited to his biggest achievements -- if you want to call those achievements: his tax cuts and his judicial appointments. We would be obliged to show that he exercised power unlawfully, perhaps as a consequence of electoral fraud. Donald Trump did collude with a foreign power hostile to democracy in general.

Judicial appointments are for life, so appointments of Neil Gorsuch and "Barf" Kavanaugh would have to be transformed into sinecures. I would drink to that, although obviously not as much as Bart "I like beer" Kavanaugh used to.  

Such was not done against Obama in 2012. Mitt Romney has far more integrity than Donald Trump does.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The 4T Generational Constellations - Red v Blue - by pbrower2a - 09-23-2020, 02:18 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  War & Military Turning & Generational Issues JDG 66 5 5,301 03-24-2022, 03:01 PM
Last Post: JDG 66
  Generational Constellation Math For The Current And Next Turning galaxy 8 3,576 11-09-2021, 01:51 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  the generational cycle, progress, and the perception of mass death pbrower2a 0 1,386 03-26-2020, 04:15 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a