Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The 4T Generational Constellations - Red v Blue
(09-26-2020, 02:33 PM)Warren Dew Wrote:
(09-25-2020, 10:48 AM)sbarrera Wrote: Isn't this what is meant by the "constellation"? You put it in derisory terms - the Idealists brainwash the Civics - but it could also be described as giving them their vision (via the memes...) which they then act upon as a united front. It's just that there are two fronts and there is conflict in the streets.

I'm not disagreeing that there is a constellation; that's basic to generational theories discussed here.  I'm disagreeing with the idea that there are two separate constellations, one Red and one Blue.  The fundamental grievances of the Millenials have nothing to do with the Red v Blue arguments.  Of course, that makes it difficult for the Millenials to express them, since Boomers are all about Red v Blue arguments.

What do you see as the fundamental grievances of the Millennials?  

I can see the increased cost of college.  I remember 'hat day' with my college band.  Each band member was requested to put together a strange hat.  One was a graduation hat with a bunch of tuition bills attached by string.  His quarterly freshmen tuition bills were in the mid hundreds, his senior bills in the mid thousands.  It has only got worse since then.  I would consider it a honest grievance.  I was in a co op plan as an engineer.  As I approached graduation, I could afford a new car, a new organ, soon to be followed by a new fangled widget called a personal computer, all paid for in cash.  Once upon a time towards the end of the progressive era, you could get in the professional elite group by just committing some scholarly effort.  That ended.

But what other issues?  The poor economy, the division of wealth, the racial violent policing all fold into the Red Blue.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The 4T Generational Constellations - Red v Blue - by Bob Butler 54 - 09-27-2020, 02:50 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  War & Military Turning & Generational Issues JDG 66 5 5,344 03-24-2022, 03:01 PM
Last Post: JDG 66
  Generational Constellation Math For The Current And Next Turning galaxy 8 3,613 11-09-2021, 01:51 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  the generational cycle, progress, and the perception of mass death pbrower2a 0 1,397 03-26-2020, 04:15 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a