Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is our 4T contest about? Can we see it differently?
(02-07-2017, 11:10 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(02-07-2017, 09:50 PM)Marypoza Wrote:
(02-07-2017, 09:36 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: When I say "I", in the last paragraph you reacted to, see if you can read it as meaning yourself, or anyone else seeking to convince another of a point of you you have. Did you get anything I said, or just want to :rofl:

I have some strong opinions on the current situation, no doubt, btw. Still, when it comes to communication, it doesn't matter. It depends on how the other person is going to hear what I say. Again, when I say I, I mean anyone. I am not claiming I myself know how to communicate Smile

-- l don't recall flat out telling somebody they are wrong or deluded, a you are prone to do. I have strong opinions too, but that doesn't mean ppl who have different povs are wrong, necessarily.

Oh btw, sometimes l throw out stuff l don't necessarily agree with or believe in just to get a discussion going  Big Grin

I think if someone puts out an opinion, they are saying that it is the truth to the best of their knowledge at the time.

Therefore those who disagree, might not have the truth. Or else, there may be some truth to what they say. OR they may have the truth instead, and the first person does not, to a degree. That's because ideas and values come in a spectrum, like the ones I mentioned.

I don't put out ideas or statements I don't agree with. But I often do say things in a dramatic way to stimulate discussion. And anything stated strongly in words, by anyone, is likely to have a shadow, or shades of gray. Because words are blunt instruments. It's this, and not that! But this stimulates discussion, and it's less boring to take a strong stand on something. And then perhaps, in the discussion, a smaller or larger ground somewhere in the middle might happen.

And... there's nothing wrong with tossing chum in to see what sorts of lunkers are to be had. Big Grin
---Value Added Cool

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is our 4T contest about? Can we see it differently? - by Ragnarök_62 - 02-07-2017, 11:51 PM