Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump brought the Regeneracy, just not in the way he expected.
(03-10-2017, 12:17 PM)Kinser79 Wrote:
(03-10-2017, 04:29 AM)Galen Wrote: It seems to me that the scale of government may very well go down.  In the second leg of the economic crisis we have been in since 2008 and the inability of the state to deal with it will definitely make state solutions much less credible.  In a very real sense the Soviet Union went down because people, including those running it, ceased to believe in it.

Quite likely.  From where I sit, and from whom I talk to (which is just about everyone in town--seriously you have no idea how many different people want to come into a donut shop for donuts and coffee) it seems that most people view the government, an Federal Government in particular as extremely ineffective at doing just about anything.

Long ago I once worked in a Donut shop and you do encounter quite a number of people and so you can get a very good feel for the mood of the public.  It is also a great place to learn how corrupt the police really are.  Strangely, I am encountering a great loss in faith by the Millies in the American Civic Religion which I consider to be a good thing.  Its amazing how quickly the public school indoctrination fades in the face of real life kicking the shit out of you.

(03-10-2017, 12:17 PM)Kinser79 Wrote: Strangely it seems to me that Demitri Orlov was the one who first proposed that the US collapse would be very like the Soviet one.

Never heard of him but empires tend to go out the same way.  As bad as the Soviet collapse was, it was still better than what happened when Rome went down.  It took the better part of a thousand years for Europe to recover from that.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump brought the Regeneracy, just not in the way he expected. - by Galen - 03-10-2017, 03:25 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trump's real German analog Donald Trump takes office on Friday, and the world hol pbrower2a 2 2,920 02-09-2017, 05:52 PM
Last Post: freivolk