Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump brought the Regeneracy, just not in the way he expected.
(03-10-2017, 05:27 PM)Kinser79 Wrote:
(03-10-2017, 05:05 PM)SomeGuy Wrote:
(03-10-2017, 05:01 PM)Odin Wrote:
(03-10-2017, 04:40 PM)Galen Wrote:
(03-10-2017, 03:48 PM)Odin Wrote: What exactly are you guys meaning here by the "American Civil Religion"? Huh

I realize that being so outraged can take a great of time but would you please grow a clue already.  Just follow the link to Wikipedia in the hope of gaining some enlightenment.  For crying out loud stop reading Salon, its rotting your brain.

That is what I originally thought you meant by it, but was confused because it's exactly the "Leftist intellectuals" you guys are attacking who are the LEAST likely to believe in that sort of civic religion, and it is where I part company with much of the Academic Left.

I dunno, Odin, you can find a lot of schmaltzy rhetoric about "Who We Are", ritual invocations of Emma Lazarus' poem as if it were part of the Constitution, R2P, etc. among the leftward end of the commentariat.

Don't forget the constant mantra of "diversity is our strength" despite empirical evidence to the contrary.  And "We're a nation of immigrants" despite the fact that immigration is an experience that an individual may go through but not one their descendants do (unless of course they emigrate).

Besides, most of my ancestors weren't immigrants but colonists.  Not the same dynamic at all.  In fact, their experience in the New World is precisely what I am trying to avoid for myself and my (eventual) posterity.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump brought the Regeneracy, just not in the way he expected. - by SomeGuy - 03-10-2017, 07:58 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trump's real German analog Donald Trump takes office on Friday, and the world hol pbrower2a 2 2,904 02-09-2017, 05:52 PM
Last Post: freivolk