Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump brought the Regeneracy, just not in the way he expected.
(03-10-2017, 08:44 PM)Odin Wrote:
(03-10-2017, 05:27 PM)Kinser79 Wrote: Don't forget the constant mantra of "diversity is our strength" despite empirical evidence to the contrary.  And "We're a nation of immigrants" despite the fact that immigration is an experience that an individual may go through but not one their descendants do (unless of course they emigrate).

You are being intentionally dishonest, putting meaning in those words not implied by the people saying them. Name me one immigrant group, excluding fringe cases like the Amish, that has not fully assimilated into American culture by the 3rd generation. The "We're a nation of immigrants" line is about pointing out the hypocrisy of people attacking immigrants when their own ancestors were immigrants. Steve Bannon's Irish Catholic ancestors caused as much hysteria as Muslims do now.

Not at all. Those ho make claims that diversity is a strength mean that bringing in people from all the disparate cultures of the globe improves our society--where the evidence indicates it acually destroys social coheisen and collective faith in others.

And furthermore no, immigration is an experience. One may or may not be the offspring of immigrants but they are not themselves immigrants. To claim otherwise is to be intellectually dishonest.

It isn't my fault you have the self-awareness of a potato.

(03-10-2017, 08:48 PM)Odin Wrote:
(03-10-2017, 05:29 PM)Kinser79 Wrote:
(03-10-2017, 04:41 PM)Galen Wrote:
(03-10-2017, 04:14 PM)SomeGuy Wrote: Trolls?  Tongue

In my case libertarian but in the minds of the clueless that amounts to the same thing.

Sounds familiar.  Being a classical liberal I'm often accused of fascism.  I've even been called a white supremacist--though thankfully not to my face.  Most Regressives aren't so brain dead as to say that to my face just yet.  But I am waiting for Black to be the new White.

"Classical Liberal", sure you are. Rolleyes

My current political views have more in line with John Adams than yours do....to point to an other thread.
It really is all mathematics.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump brought the Regeneracy, just not in the way he expected. - by Kinser79 - 03-10-2017, 08:55 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trump's real German analog Donald Trump takes office on Friday, and the world hol pbrower2a 2 2,921 02-09-2017, 05:52 PM
Last Post: freivolk