Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump brought the Regeneracy, just not in the way he expected.
Quote:I actually have German ancestry, too. Even worse, PRUSSIAN German!
See, we knew the Left were "the REAL Nazis"!  Tongue
<For what it's worth, I have Prussian ancestry too, by way of Wisconsin>
Quote:A lot of my attitudes to social issues come from my own personal experiences growing up of often being ostracized and bullied, of being constantly accused of being gay just because I didn't act sufficiently "conventionally masculine" for the rural Midwest. It left me with a deep resentment against socially conservative views of all kinds and made me want to stick up for the eccentrics, minorities, and odd-balls.

Yes, I have noticed a lot of that sort of thing before.  You really sure you should base a whole political philosophy on adolescent resentment?
Quote:And you accuse me of reading "propaganda", but to me that is what all YOUR side's material is, I have zero time for any of the Right's "Leftists are the real racists" nonsense and other such garbage. Your denial that your side is full of Neo-Nazis that think you are an inferior human being is sad.

Excuse me, technical interjection here.  It's only "propaganda" when the bad guys do it, it's called "PSYOP" when your side does it.  At least, according to the US Army.   Wink
In practice, it's all propaganda.  Or "public relations" if you prefer to use Newspeak.  Management of public opinion is fundamental to any sort of large-scale endeavor, be it a corporation or a political movement.  Even journalists are not immune, from the Gazette of the United States v. National Gazette to Hearst's yellow journalism to Mika Brzezinski stating that the job of the media is "to control exactly what people think".  I hear Walter Lippman's Public Opinion is a good place to start (it's on my acquisitions list).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump brought the Regeneracy, just not in the way he expected. - by SomeGuy - 03-13-2017, 05:46 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trump's real German analog Donald Trump takes office on Friday, and the world hol pbrower2a 2 2,904 02-09-2017, 05:52 PM
Last Post: freivolk