Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump brought the Regeneracy, just not in the way he expected.
(03-14-2017, 11:52 AM)The Wonkette Wrote:
(03-13-2017, 07:34 AM)Odin Wrote: I think Brower's issues come more from depression than from his Asperger's.
I don't think any of us armchair psychiatrists have any basis to judge whether PBrower is on the spectrum or not, versus being depressed.  I don't believe any of us have actually met the man in person; how one posts isn't always a good proxy.

I am the only one who can know. People will simply need to take my word or think me crazy or a liar.

Being diagnosed only at age 60 is a rarity. There are circumstances like extreme success that might allow one to get away with Asperger's and live what might seem a somewhat normal life. Economic success without a satisfying family life might be enough for many people. Being diagnosed much younger is the norm.

I got neither a satisfying economic life nor a satisfying family life. I know the usual causes for such: stupidity, cruelty, madness, laziness... there are people who merit trust in neither economic nor personal life. Eccentricity? I found that I was acting to seem normal. I was not a free spirit as I thought; I was a conformist.

I had extreme positives and extreme negatives.

I can imagine a very different life, one in which either (1) I am basically the same person without Asperger's -- which sounds like the hero of a romance novel, and isn't much of a story even if it is the book sold in bulk at Wal*Mart, or (2) I know about the syndrome and make suitable adjustments. Maybe I had taken a college-level course in psychology and saw enough scary signs of it to get the help that I needed.

So maybe I have some modicum of career success and am able to marry... and my wife and I choose to adopt kids. Like attracts like, after all; maybe she is also on the spectrum. Because inability to tolerate loud random noise is part of the reality of Asperger's we adopt five-year-old kids who look like neither of us. It is far easier to get children that way. We have a good sex life because we want each other to enjoy sex fully.

My bosses know that I have a problem... but they also know my positives. As with most people with handicaps I am very cautious. I am trustworthy with assets and human relations. I make good decisions when asked to make such decisions. ...Or I was directed into some creative activity, where I do well.

Nobody has a perfect life, but I have as good a life as I can have under the circumstances.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump brought the Regeneracy, just not in the way he expected. - by pbrower2a - 03-14-2017, 02:07 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trump's real German analog Donald Trump takes office on Friday, and the world hol pbrower2a 2 2,923 02-09-2017, 05:52 PM
Last Post: freivolk