Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Malaise Speech for the Current Time
(03-29-2017, 01:30 PM)Kinser79 Wrote: I feel the need to bring up several points to rebut this long screed.

Beechnut79 Wrote:The recent defeat of healthcare reform, rather sarcastically referred to as Trumpcare, went down to defeat last week. Who was reinforcing the need to see its defeat?

Actually among the politcially active it was primarily called Ryancare or Obamacare Lite.  The need to defeat it came straight from the administration through reverse psychological methods.  I don't expect the MSM commentariat to understand the psychology of GOP reps, nor do I expect the likes of Odin to understand it either.  When the President's Chief strategist is openly telling Reps to vote for something--it is in their very nature to give him the middle finger.

Pretty much what I thought except that I think the real target is Ryan.  Given Ryan's past behavior toward Trump it would be just like him to sink Ryan as Speaker.  This also gives Trump the bonus of having the Dims still owning Obozocare as the system continues to collapse.  This is what I have come to expect from Trump and is why his apparent mistakes seems to work out in the end.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Malaise Speech for the Current Time - by Galen - 03-29-2017, 02:20 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ken Burns, commencement speech. Stanford University, 2016. pbrower2a 4 4,167 06-11-2022, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green