Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Article: The Ghosts of ’68 Haunt the Election of 2016
(05-17-2016, 02:18 PM)taramarie Wrote: I would rather see action being taken to fix what mess they have created than to whine about what they have done. Which is why you do not see me bitching about them, but rather acting quietly to fix what they have messed up. Examples for me would be holding back my future to pay off my mother's massive debt, being part of the SVA to help the needy that the boomers in power fail to help via govt and winz (they are the ones in power after all), and I am part of the occupy movement here too who are discussing what needs to be solved and how to solve it through mass movement. In other words I do not whine about them. Whining does nothing. I try to fix it and often with others as that is what gets things done.

They have had decades and flatly refuse to deal with the debt issue which they have had decades to do something about.  This applies to both the right and the left, the only real argument was what to spend it on.  Reducing spending was never seriously considered.  As a consequence, fixing the problem is not possible until enough of them get planted into the ground.  This is the sad brutal truth of the situation.

Some of them are looking for the regeneracy even though we haven't got to the SHTF stage of the Fourth Turning.  This is just one more symptom of the state of denial they have had for decades.  They may as well get some clue about what the consequences are likely to be.  There are Xers out there that make me look positively merciful where the Boomers are concerned.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Presidential Election Predictive Cycle jleagans 1 1,686 08-17-2020, 06:36 PM
Last Post: jleagans
  Grey Champions and the Election of 2016 Kinser79 154 124,162 02-22-2017, 10:05 AM
Last Post: SomeGuy
  This may be the last presidential election dominated by Boomers and prior generations Dan '82 2 3,528 09-05-2016, 09:48 PM
Last Post: Warren Dew
  Being "Wide Awake" in 1856, getting "Woke" in 2016 Odin 0 2,506 09-02-2016, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Odin