Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Science and Buddhism Agree: There is No 'You' There
(05-16-2016, 01:43 PM)Kinser79 Wrote: Well if done right the most traumatic experience is having the dentist sit on your chest.  Mine is a 5'6" vegetarian hindu guy from India, he had to really yank on my teeth to get them to come out.  Could be worse though...could have been a female dentist.  I'm kinda sexist when it comes to Drs.  I don't like being worked on by women, makes me uncomfortable.  Particularly GPs when I have to discuss male issues with the Dr.

Never had that happen but i think id rather that than feel my very painful still infected tooth being pulled out. It is one of the back molars so a large tooth to be extracted. Nervous but want it out all the same. Oh well a few moments of possible agony or living with this pain....i will suck it up. I am notorious for being able to still feel what is going on if the tooth is sensitive despite the anesthetic. For me, as long as the person knows what they are doing i do not care if the person is a man or a woman. My female dentist just retired and i have an asian male dentist now. He seems to be really good so far. But will know for sure when he takes the tooth out.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Science and Buddhism Agree: There is No 'You' There - by taramarie - 05-16-2016, 01:57 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New paradigms in science and knowledge Eric the Green 2 940 07-13-2019, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Bill the Piper
  The limits of science Eric the Green 4 1,704 12-20-2016, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green