Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Science and Buddhism Agree: There is No 'You' There
(05-16-2016, 03:15 PM)Odin Wrote:
(05-16-2016, 01:12 AM)Kinser79 Wrote:
(05-15-2016, 10:20 PM)taramarie Wrote: Haha well i will be a gummier new version of me by tomorrow!

So long as you don't get a dry socket, which shouldn't be a problem if you follow your Dr.'s orders and don't smoke or vape you won't even miss it once the wound heals up.  That should take about two or three weeks.  You may experience phantom pain depending on how much bone came out with it.

I had to be strapped down for my extractions, I went with local only.  I have bad reactions to general anesthesia and will only risk it for potentially life threatening stuff.  Of course as I learned in boot and taught in boot "Pain is in your mind".

9 years ago I had to get oral surgery to get my impacted wisdom teeth removed. fortunately I got put under for it.

My new dentist is wonderful. He is super gentle and gave me sooooo much anesthetic. Loads. So it was fine.  He is the total opposite of my old dentist. So happy she has retired and i get this new dentist! Big Grin
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Science and Buddhism Agree: There is No 'You' There - by taramarie - 05-17-2016, 12:09 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New paradigms in science and knowledge Eric the Green 2 810 07-13-2019, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Bill the Piper
  The limits of science Eric the Green 4 1,578 12-20-2016, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green