Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "good old days"
Is that the good old days he is talking about?

https://www.facebook.com/motherjones/vid...810687144/
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

Taramarie Wrote:Is that the good old days he is talking about?

No.  This is in my timeline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbRhuUtK...61DE921FBA
---Value Added Cool
This is thoroughly dishonest and inflammatory - especially when Trump favors higher wages and lower taxes for most African-Americans.
"It was better with them that were slain by the sword, than with them that died with hunger, for these pined away being consumed for want of the fruits of the earth" - Lamentations 4:9
Anthony let me break it down for you. The narrative is that Trump wants to get blacks (and others) off welfare. Ergo he is a racist. Never mind the fact that what he wants is people off welfare and into jobs, some of them well paying jobs due to re-industrializing (making stuff again) and restricting the labor pool particularly for those with few skills and little education.

That reality contradicts this narrative is irrelevant. They have to sell the narrative because if Blacks especially wake up and realize that the Democrats aren't working in their interests HRC will lose by wider margins than ever.

It is much like the narrative that restricting immigration will somehow offend Latinos (Trump is pulling in more Latinos than any other Republican ever), even though those who are legal immigrants don't want the illegals here, and those who are born citizens don't want the illegals here either because they make the whole group look bad and suppress wages.

All evidence points to Trump not being racist, sexist or homophobic because he hires a great many blacks, latinos, women and gays. His hotel empire would collapse without them.
It really is all mathematics.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.
Of course, "Daddy" would never LIE, would he? Rolleyes
He contradicts himself often enough that he must be either a fool or a liar.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Leaving out commentary on Trump, it does go to show that there's a lot of people who have no desire whatsoever to go back to "the good ol' days", because those days would have been horrendous for their well-being.  It helps to fuel my optimism for the future.
(05-29-2016, 12:44 AM)taramarie Wrote: Is that the good old days he is talking about?

Yeah, I posted that speech before too. The good old days were the days when bullies reigned supreme. I know Cynic Hero likes it. My guess is that a lot of people are happy we are moving beyond those good old days, even if they are "politically correct."
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(05-29-2016, 09:25 AM)Anthony Wrote: This is thoroughly dishonest and inflammatory - especially when Trump favors higher wages and lower taxes for most African-Americans.

Trump is dishonest and inflammatory; I mean duh!

Trump does not favor higher wages and lower taxes for African-Americans or anyone else except the super-rich.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(06-08-2016, 12:21 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(05-29-2016, 09:25 AM)Anthony Wrote: This is thoroughly dishonest and inflammatory - especially when Trump favors higher wages and lower taxes for most African-Americans.

Trump is dishonest and inflammatory; I mean duh!

Trump does not favor higher wages and lower taxes for African-Americans or anyone else except the super-rich.

This is true. He only said he was for higher wages and lower taxes for poorer folk when he had to draw in the wider range of voters, including democrats. Politicians 99% of the time will lie through their teeth just to tip votes in their favour. The fact many people believe their lies boggles the mind. Bernie seems to be the only consistent candidate going through decades of videos of him standing for what seems to be the same causes. He is the first one to do that in my life time.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(06-08-2016, 12:18 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(05-29-2016, 12:44 AM)taramarie Wrote: Is that the good old days he is talking about?

Yeah, I posted that speech before too. The good old days were the days when bullies reigned supreme. I know Cynic Hero likes it. My guess is that a lot of people are happy we are moving beyond those good old days, even if they are "politically correct."

Are you so sure we are?
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(06-08-2016, 08:12 AM)Bronco80 Wrote: Leaving out commentary on Trump, it does go to show that there's a lot of people who have no desire whatsoever to go back to "the good ol' days", because those days would have been horrendous for their well-being.  It helps to fuel my optimism for the future.

I see the "good ole days" coming back...just it has changed face. Where it used to be about beating the crap out of blacks, the target now are trans folk and probably gays too. When they are not beating the crap out of them they are committing suicide due to the hatred they get. They are abandoned by some families, especially highly religious families. Treated like a sinful disease and denied rights (trans especially). They are laughed at and mocked. No, we have not moved past the good ole days. We just have a new target.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

In the "good old days" people like me were left to rot in mental institutions as kids, I'd rather not go back to those "good old days".
(06-08-2016, 03:06 PM)taramarie Wrote: Politicians 99% of the time will lie through their teeth just to tip votes in their favour. The fact many people believe their lies boggles the mind.
Some people are true believers of those lies, but I've long felt that most people accept those lies out of cognitive dissonance and/or flat out selfishness.  Let's take something like saying that AGW doesn't exist.  This is incredibly easy to scientifically debunk, but the reason why this lie endures is because it's code for something else.  It's code for arguing that AGW mitigation will result in a litany of sacrifices and lifestyle changes that many people simply don't want to make.  It gets easier to justify that selfishness when in an act of dissonance you can just wave global warming away as something that's not there.

You can extrapolate other political lies in similar ways.  It's why I'm not a huge reader of factcheck articles, because the lie itself isn't as important as to why the lie is being committed.
(06-08-2016, 03:12 PM)taramarie Wrote:
(06-08-2016, 08:12 AM)Bronco80 Wrote: Leaving out commentary on Trump, it does go to show that there's a lot of people who have no desire whatsoever to go back to "the good ol' days", because those days would have been horrendous for their well-being.  It helps to fuel my optimism for the future.

I see the "good ole days" coming back...just it has changed face. Where it used to be about beating the crap out of blacks, the target now are trans folk and probably gays too. When they are not beating the crap out of them they are committing suicide due to the hatred they get. They are abandoned by some families, especially highly religious families. Treated like a sinful disease and denied rights (trans especially). They are laughed at and mocked. No, we have not moved past the good ole days. We just have a new target.

In some ways, I agree.  Discrimination is an incredibly difficult thing to fight against, and just when you've tackled one form, another one pops up.  Societies may have gotten better at stomping out some of the forms, but no society has ultimately succeeded.