Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2T Vs. 3T pop culture
(06-20-2016, 11:16 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote: Well then, in the event of a draft, blue state inhabitants go and red state inhabitants stay.  
For younger folks, I presume.

Quote:"Smarter" as per Eric's criteria.  Non sequiter.

The criteria being the facts. But I hadn't assumed that all facts have my name on them. I am not Trump; I don't put my name on everything.

Quote:That would be a case of prolonged adolescence.  Middle aged folks who think they can outdo some young buck who has been to boot camp are pretty much deluded, IMHO.  Now... Rags knows he's middle aged and confines gun usage only to squirrels and game fowl. Big Grin  12 gauges and .22's are pretty mickey mouse wrt any sort of military sort of thingie. Of course since they're mikey mouse, .gov needs to butt out of that stuff. Cool

I suppose so, if they can't kill people too.

Quote: there is a serious needle in haystack problem here. It is for that reason, the FBI botched Orlando.
What do the spooks want now?  Less worthless data populating their diskie dumpies?  Fuck no, stupid is as stupid does, they want more worthless data like adding spy stuff to lamp posts.   I mean really, I have to use the Ruskie's news to find out useful stuff nowadays.

They do seem to stop a lot of terrorist attacks.They seem to do a remarkable job at that. I think they just need to be careful about letting potential wackos off the hook, and do as much as possible to deny wackos guns.

Quote:The MSM = a bunch of worthless sycophants.

They seem mostly interested in ratings.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(06-20-2016, 11:23 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(06-20-2016, 11:16 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote: Well then, in the event of a draft, blue state inhabitants go and red state inhabitants stay.  
For younger folks, I presume.

Obviously.  There's always been a past due date wrt the Selective Service.  Rags = moldy bread. Cool

Quote:"Smarter" as per Eric's criteria.  Non sequiter.

The criteria being the facts. But I hadn't assumed that all facts have my name on them. I am not Trump; I don't put my name on everything.

Does that mean BB guns get registered then?

Quote:That would be a case of prolonged adolescence.  Middle aged folks who think they can outdo some young buck who has been to boot camp are pretty much deluded, IMHO.  Now... Rags knows he's middle aged and confines gun usage only to squirrels and game fowl. Big Grin  12 gauges and .22's are pretty mickey mouse wrt any sort of military sort of thingie. Of course since they're mikey mouse, .gov needs to butt out of that stuff. Cool

I suppose so, if they can't kill people too.

.gov kills a lot of innocents as well. I mean look at the entire MENA area.

Quote: there is a serious needle in haystack problem here. It is for that reason, the FBI botched Orlando.
What do the spooks want now?  Less worthless data populating their diskie dumpies?  Fuck no, stupid is as stupid does, they want more worthless data like adding spy stuff to lamp posts.   I mean really, I have to use the Ruskie's news to find out useful stuff nowadays.

They do seem to stop a lot of terrorist attacks.They seem to do a remarkable job at that. I think they just need to be careful about letting potential wackos off the hook, and do as much as possible to deny wackos guns.

Well, as the amount of cruft aggregation increases so does the size of the haystack. For it is the power and glory that the spooks want to know everything innocents have and that only. The spooks should only keep track of a smaller haystack. If you have 0 violent crime raps , no obvious flakiness like being in the wacky ward, and are a US citizen, then 4th amendment needs to apply absolutely , which means 0 diskie dumpies in Utah.

Quote:The MSM = a bunch of worthless sycophants.

They seem mostly interested in ratings.

True that. Higher ratings = more $.  Besides there's effectively only 6 networks  Talk about what was old is new again. 

Wiki Wrote:The "Big Six"
The Big Six[3]
Media Outlets
Revenues (2014)[4]
Comcast
NBCUniversal (a joint venture with General Electric from 2011 to 2013), NBC and Telemundo, Universal Pictures, Focus Features, 26 television stations in the United States and cable networks USA Network, Bravo, CNBC, The Weather Channel, MSNBC, Syfy, NBCSN, Golf Channel, Esquire Network, E!, Cloo, Chiller, Universal HD and the Comcast SportsNet regional system. Comcast also owns the Philadelphia Flyers through a separate subsidiary.
$69 billion
The Walt Disney Company
Holdings include: ABC Television Network, cable networks ESPN, the Disney Channel, A&E and Lifetime, approximately 30 radio stations, music, video game, and book publishing companies, production companies Touchstone, Marvel Entertainment, Lucasfilm, Walt Disney Pictures, Pixar Animation Studios, the cellular service Disney Mobile, Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, and theme parks in several countries. Also has a longstanding partnership with Hearst Corporation, which owns additional TV stations, newspapers, magazines, and stakes in several Disney television ventures.
$48.8 billion
News Corporation*
Holdings include: the Fox Broadcasting Company; cable networks Fox News Channel, Fox Business Network, Fox Sports 1, Fox Sports 2, National Geographic, Nat Geo Wild, FX, FXX, FX Movie Channel, and the regional Fox Sports Networks; print publications including the Wall Street Journal and the New York Post; the magazines Barron's and SmartMoney; book publisher HarperCollins; film production companies 20th Century Fox, Fox Searchlight Pictures and Blue Sky Studios. As of July 2013, News Corporation was split into two separate companies, with publishing assets and Australian media assets going to News Corp, and broadcasting and media assets going to 21st Century Fox.[5]
$40.5 billion ($8.6 billion News Corp and $31.9 billion 21st Century Fox)
Time Warner
Formerly the largest media conglomerate in the world, with holdings including: CNN, the CW (a joint venture with CBS), HBO, Cinemax, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, HLN, NBA TV, TBS, TNT, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Warner Bros. Pictures, Castle Rock, DC Comics, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, and New Line Cinema.
$22.8 billion
Viacom
Holdings include: MTV, Nickelodeon/Nick at Nite, VH1, BET, Comedy Central, Paramount Pictures, and Paramount Home Entertainment.
$13.7 billion
CBS Corporation
Holdings include: CBS Television Network and the CW (a joint venture with Time Warner), cable networks CBS Sports Network, Showtime, Pop; 30 television stations; CBS Radio, Inc., which has 130 stations; CBS Television Studios; book publisher Simon & Schuster.

So got DirectTV, cable, Dish and all this time you only THOUGHT you had hundreds of channels.  Nope, nada.
No wonder so many folks are pulling the cable.  Everything on Big Media is trash.
---Value Added Cool
playwrite Wrote:That ain't American!

You just need to ask yourself -

Is that humming the drone of a Predator circling?

No, I live on busy street, so that's a motorcycle with a bad muffler.  Besides wrt Utah, Rags is a waste of ammo.

Video Required!

1. Oh yeah, man that 3T was awesome.  The 4T now?  Eh, it sucks green donkey dicks.
2. Axl hmmm. Fellow 1962 cohort.  So yeah, baby, we're all a waste of ammo, man. Big Grin
---Value Added Cool
(06-21-2016, 05:23 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote: 1. Oh yeah, man that 3T was awesome.  The 4T now?  Eh, it sucks green donkey dicks.
2. Axl hmmm. Fellow 1962 cohort.  So yeah, baby, we're all a waste of ammo, man. Big Grin

Pop and rock music is mostly crap, most of the time. But the 4T knocks the horrible 3T out of the water. There has never been a culture so devoid of any value as popular 3T culture in Amerika.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(06-21-2016, 11:10 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(06-21-2016, 05:23 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote: 1. Oh yeah, man that 3T was awesome.  The 4T now?  Eh, it sucks green donkey dicks.

Pop and rock music is mostly crap, most of the time. But the 4T knocks the horrible 3T out of the water. There has never been a culture so devoid of any value as popular 3T culture in Amerika.

I Heart   3T culture Big Grin   I also Heart  how I was doing economically than as well.   The 4T is a just a black oozy swamp I'd just rather find a shortcut through and just exit to the 1T TYVM.  Partying, poker junkets and a nice career , what more can a guy want, man? The awesome music was just a stamp on teh mood.
---Value Added Cool
(06-21-2016, 11:24 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:

I Heart   3T culture Big Grin   I also Heart  how I was doing economically than as well.   The 4T is a just a black oozy swamp I'd just rather find a shortcut through and just exit to the 1T TYVM.  Partying, poker junkets and a nice career , what more can a guy want, man? The awesome music was just a stamp on teh mood.

I was doing better too, especially in the earlier part of the 3T. Has nothing diddly squat to do with the quality of pop culture in those years. As for awesome music, give me harmony, melody, rhythm, good singing, tight instrumentation, awakening prophetic lyrics, and a mood of grand inspiration and hope, above the 3T screaming, yelling and angry bombast any day. Party or no party. Playing that 3T shit at a party methinks would just bring the vibes down. Might as well have your party in a junk yard. Thank God for JB. Watch "What Do You Mean," now there's someone who knows how to throw a party! 3T culture to me means the new age. Yes, now there was a culture.

And like it or not, there will be no 1T without successfully going through the 4T. It will be a fight between those who want progress, and those like Classic Xer and Galen who want to go backwards. The forward side must win, or there will be no 1T to enjoy at all. And sorry, I haven't a clue what TYVM means.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(06-22-2016, 12:10 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(06-21-2016, 11:24 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:

Same here. He really is missing out on something special. Heck even my boomer mother loved that era.

Nope. I've heard enough of it to know it stinks. Generally-speaking of course.

I mean, it's so obvious that it is always so amazing to me that I have to point it out.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(06-22-2016, 12:09 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(06-21-2016, 11:05 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(06-21-2016, 08:58 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(06-17-2016, 05:06 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(06-16-2016, 11:00 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: I agree that it will never get to that point. The Democrats would cave before we ever get to that point. The Democrats have to much on the line and far more to loose than gain. Soldiers are more connected to their families today than they've ever been in the past. You should wake up and come to grips with the reality of living today. You do understand that the war would be a war against the progressive Democrats. Defeating the progressive Democrats in a  war isn't very hard to figure out once you're familiar with them and understand their weakness's. The Democrats have a lot of weakness's. BTW, it isn't a wet dream on mine. It's just a reality that I'm able to identify and see very clearly.
Playwrite is exactly right; that's what I predict too. It may last longer than one Waco, but that's basically what will happen. Defeating the progressive Democrats will not be so easy if they have the support of the people. They will, in that case, have the law and the army on their side. I don't know what any of this has to do with how close soldiers are to their families. What relevance is that? All people are close to their families. Progressive Democrats just want a fair society with a strong middle class. Conservative Republicans want an unjust society owned and operated for the benefit of the 1%. So once the spell of the trickle-down and self-reliance slogans is fully broken, there's no doubt which side the people will be on. And there's little doubt about which side the young people of the 4T (as opposed to those of the 3T) are taking.
 A party whose support is largely based on government support would be easy to defeat. Like I said, progressive Democrats have far more to loose than gain. Me, I'd just cash out and stop paying taxes. What's fair? Is it fair to pay people who are less productive who have less capabilities higher sums of money? Is it fair to pay more productive people with more capabilities higher sums of money?

We will defeat your mindless slogans about "a party whose support is largely based on government support." You can see how far that slogan went with how Romney fared with it. You lost. You will keep losing (not loosing; learn to spell, right-winger). Elizabeth Warren and Hillary Clinton will win, and you will lose. As far as you not paying taxes, go ahead; make my day. Good luck with the IRS. You gun nuts and free market dog whistlers are going to lose. It may take a while. But we will keep pressing for economic equality and opportunity by clamping down on guys like you who prey on workers and don't pay taxes. Your Donald will lose, big time. He will discredit you, since you guys are all the same. The non-productive extortionists whom you support will have their wealth expropriated and given back to the people from whom they stole it. You will lose. And if you guys start a war to fight back against your inevitable defeat, we will crush you. We will grind you into dust, put you in jail and blow you away.

You will just have to see about who wins when they do. I would not go making predictions on who wins. You can only guess. I would be worried if I were you....for either one that wins.

You know that I am a prophet, and that I know what's going to happen. No, it's only one side I am worried about.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Eric Wrote:I was doing better too, especially in the earlier part of the 3T.

Seeeeeee.... That's the reason to prefer the 3T.

Quote:Has nothing diddly squat to do with the quality of pop culture in those years. As for awesome music, give me harmony, melody, rhythm, good singing, tight instrumentation, awakening prophetic lyrics, and a mood of grand inspiration and hope, above the 3T screaming, yelling and angry bombast any day.

That's your decision. All of us here know that already. My preference of my economic circumstances is just one part of my preference of the 3T vs. 4T.  Of course all of the board here also know that I like a lot of 3T music because it reflects my edgy side. It also confirmed the joy of economic freedom I had and party hearty I did back then.

Quote:Party or no party. Playing that 3T shit at a party methinks would just bring the vibes down. Might as well have your party in a junk yard.

How about in Oscar's trash can?  Big Grin

[Image: Sesame_Street_Hal_Miller_as_Gordon_with_..._Oscar.jpg]

You see, Oscar was on TV in school to teach the ABC's and 123's. The relationship with Oscar goes way back, man.

Quote:Thank God for JB. Watch "What Do You Mean," now there's someone who knows how to throw a party! 3T culture to me means the new age. Yes, now there was a culture.

entertainment.time.com/2014/02/05/justin-bieber-plane-marijuana-arrests/

No argument there wrt to him able to party hearty.  If I were on his party plane, I'd wait until he's all good and stoned and switch the music over to some awesome 3T stuff. Easy task, when yer stoned, you really don't care about much.  I know. Big Grin

Quote:And like it or not, there will be no 1T without successfully going through the 4T. It will be a fight between those who want progress, and those like Classic Xer and Galen who want to go backwards. The forward side must win, or there will be no 1T to enjoy at all.

The generational alignment will change and there will be a 1T of some sort. It could either be a 1950's Happy Days one or a Neo Gilded Age.  Either way, Xer's are badass and don't give a shit. We'll be getting old and riding off to the sunset together.

Honey badger don't a shit.

Eric Wrote:And sorry, I haven't a clue what TYVM means.

Thank You Very Much.
---Value Added Cool
(06-22-2016, 12:22 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote: Seeeeeee.... That's the reason to prefer the 3T.
No no as I try to keep reminding you, and certain others here; the personal does not equal the real.

Quote:That's your decision. All of us here know that already. My preference of my economic circumstances is just one part of my preference of the 3T vs. 4T.  Of course all of the board here also know that I like a lot of 3T music because it reflects my edgy side. It also confirmed the joy of economic freedom I had and party hearty I did back then.
Lots of creeps had the economic freedom to screw others over and create the Great Recession we live in. No, the personal does not equal the real.

Quote:No argument there wrt to him able to party hearty.  If I were on his party plane, I'd wait until he's all good and stoned and switch the music over to some awesome 3T stuff. Easy task, when yer stoned, you really don't care about much.  I know. Big Grin

But what was great about drugs and parties were the acid kool aid tests. They were gateways to a spiritual life beyond drugs. In those cases, you do care about the music; it must get you high, not crash you in the trash can.

Quote:The generational alignment will change and there will be a 1T of some sort. It could either be a 1950's Happy Days one or a Neo Gilded Age.  Either way, Xer's are badass and don't give a shit. We'll be getting old and riding off to the sunset together.

Before we can ride off into the sunset, there must be a victory. Otherwise, the old south after the civil war applies. No sunset; just wallowing in darkness and tyranny.

Quote:Thank You Very Much.

OK, TYVM.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(06-22-2016, 02:35 PM)taramarie Wrote:
(06-22-2016, 12:27 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(06-22-2016, 12:22 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote: Seeeeeee.... That's the reason to prefer the 3T.
No no as I try to keep reminding you, and certain others here; the personal does not equal the real.

Quote:That's your decision. All of us here know that already. My preference of my economic circumstances is just one part of my preference of the 3T vs. 4T.  Of course all of the board here also know that I like a lot of 3T music because it reflects my edgy side. It also confirmed the joy of economic freedom I had and party hearty I did back then.  
Lots of creeps had the economic freedom to screw others over and create the Great Recession we live in. No, the personal does not equal the real.

Quote:No argument there wrt to him able to party hearty.  If I were on his party plane, I'd wait until he's all good and stoned and switch the music over to some awesome 3T stuff. Easy task, when yer stoned, you really don't care about much.  I know. Big Grin

But what was great about drugs and parties were the acid kool aid tests. They were gateways to a spiritual life beyond drugs. In those cases, you do care about the music; it must get you high, not crash you in the trash can.

Quote:The generational alignment will change and there will be a 1T of some sort. It could either be a 1950's Happy Days one or a Neo Gilded Age.  Either way, Xer's are badass and don't give a shit. We'll be getting old and riding off to the sunset together.

Before we can ride off into the sunset, there must be a victory. Otherwise, the old south after the civil war applies. No sunset; just wallowing in darkness and tyranny.

OK, TYVM.

No one gives a shit about the "real" music which is just your preference. Anyone could choose an era and say that is real music. Because you experienced the 2T when you were a young adult that is what you choose over 3T which would have been a smack over the head for you. You have said over and over again that you hate 3T music. WE KNOW. Nothing is going to change 3T music THANKFULLY and it cannot please everyone. Just enjoy your JB music and leave us to enjoy what we enjoy without you slewing insults about it over and over. We love 3T music and no one gives a shit what you consider good music and what you do not. Reason being all you have are insults for what we like. The frigging arrogance. You would not appreciate people insulting what you enjoy so be respectful of other preferences.

Oh ha ha. You are so predictable. Just more nonsense to ignore. Duh.... how about not inserting your insults and just let Rags and I talk about it? And stop speaking for others and trying to get others to back you up. That's the meanest thing you do. You don't get what I say, so why don't you just f-f-fade away?

I'd say more, but what's the point?

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(06-22-2016, 03:24 PM)taramarie Wrote:
(06-22-2016, 03:19 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(06-22-2016, 02:35 PM)taramarie Wrote:
(06-22-2016, 12:27 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

OK, TYVM.

No one gives a shit about the "real" music which is just your preference. Anyone could choose an era and say that is real music. Because you experienced the 2T when you were a young adult that is what you choose over 3T which would have been a smack over the head for you. You have said over and over again that you hate 3T music. WE KNOW. Nothing is going to change 3T music THANKFULLY and it cannot please everyone. Just enjoy your JB music and leave us to enjoy what we enjoy without you slewing insults about it over and over. We love 3T music and no one gives a shit what you consider good music and what you do not. Reason being all you have are insults for what we like. The frigging arrogance. You would not appreciate people insulting what you enjoy so be respectful of other preferences.

Oh ha ha. You are so predictable. Just more nonsense to ignore. Duh.... how about not inserting your insults and just let Rags and I talk about it? You don't get what I say, so why don't you just f-f-fade away?

I will stop the insults when you show a little respect for differences. That is what you are all about right? You are disrespectful about the 3T. Constantly. You have no trouble calling it shit. As people here enjoy it it is a personal attack. Want the personal attacks to go away SHOW SOME RESPECT. No one expects you to like that music but live and let live ERIC.

I am expressing my honest opinion, and nothing I can say can destroy the 3T or its so-called music. There is no personal attack going on by me. YOU are taking it personally. Don't. Just disagree; I am fine with that, and I have no doubt that people disagree.

The 3T was a horrible era in many ways. That's just the way I see it, and the facts and the evidence speaks for itself. I'm just glad it's over, and we have a chance (maybe a 50-50 chance) to move onward and upward again. There is no personal attack in that statement. Unless perhaps you are attached to Ronald Reagan; maybe. But I am not going to say that I respect music that I don't, just to be nice to you. As I say; generally-speaking. Some 3T American pop and rock is OK; just not the best. Another one bites the dust.

Yes I know Tara; that's just my opinion. And I still see no reason to change it. Too bad if you don't like that. If I ever hear a song that's as good as the best from the 2T or the 4T, or even the 1T or 4T before for heaven's sake, I will say so. Probably not from a song you that post though, given your continuing disrespect for me. But who knows.

"Respect for differences" HA! Last I heard, there was no demographic or SJW category called "the songs I like and the song I don't" Personal or group identity has nothing to do with it at all. Certainly not me being a boomer. There's plenty of differences of opinion among boomers where music is concerned.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(06-22-2016, 03:47 PM)taramarie Wrote:
(06-22-2016, 03:38 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(06-22-2016, 03:24 PM)taramarie Wrote:
(06-22-2016, 03:19 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(06-22-2016, 02:35 PM)taramarie Wrote: No one gives a shit about the "real" music which is just your preference. Anyone could choose an era and say that is real music. Because you experienced the 2T when you were a young adult that is what you choose over 3T which would have been a smack over the head for you. You have said over and over again that you hate 3T music. WE KNOW. Nothing is going to change 3T music THANKFULLY and it cannot please everyone. Just enjoy your JB music and leave us to enjoy what we enjoy without you slewing insults about it over and over. We love 3T music and no one gives a shit what you consider good music and what you do not. Reason being all you have are insults for what we like. The frigging arrogance. You would not appreciate people insulting what you enjoy so be respectful of other preferences.

Oh ha ha. You are so predictable. Just more nonsense to ignore. Duh.... how about not inserting your insults and just let Rags and I talk about it? You don't get what I say, so why don't you just f-f-fade away?

I will stop the insults when you show a little respect for differences. That is what you are all about right? You are disrespectful about the 3T. Constantly. You have no trouble calling it shit. As people here enjoy it it is a personal attack. Want the personal attacks to go away SHOW SOME RESPECT. No one expects you to like that music but live and let live ERIC.

I am expressing my honest opinion, and nothing I can say can destroy the 3T or its so-called music. There is no personal attack going on by me. YOU are taking it personally. Don't. Just disagree; I am fine with that, and I have no doubt that people disagree.

The 3T was a horrible era in many ways. That's just the way I see it, and the facts and the evidence speaks for itself. I'm just glad it's over and we have a chance to move onward and upward again. There is no personal attack in that statement. Unless perhaps you are attached to Ronald Reagan; maybe.

We know you think it is a horrible era but there is no need for you to keep on repeating it. Yes of course i take it personally. No i will not allow you to just walk all over it and say what does that hurt, don't take my punches personally. That is school kid bully tactic. Don't like my attacks on you? You are taking it personally. Don't. Just disagree. I am fine with that. Seems ignorant and cruel doesn't it. Cruel of the other persons feelings. I will stop going on about your insensitivity to others tastes when you learn that it is hurtful to others. I have no idea what you are on about regarding Ronald Reagan. Keep in mind i am a foreigner and he was pres when i was an infant.

Why not just put me on ignore? Give up your ridiculous attempt to change people. This forum is about issues and opinions, not about the behavior of the participants. Stop trying to change it. Or just be ignored.

If people are going to move on, they have to learn that the 3T era was wrong. And yet Americans still say by only 2% that they will vote Republican for congress. That is horrible; they have learned nothing. No, it will have to be repeated over and over until they get it.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(06-22-2016, 04:28 PM)taramarie Wrote:
(06-22-2016, 04:02 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(06-22-2016, 03:47 PM)taramarie Wrote:
(06-22-2016, 03:38 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(06-22-2016, 03:24 PM)taramarie Wrote: I will stop the insults when you show a little respect for differences. That is what you are all about right? You are disrespectful about the 3T. Constantly. You have no trouble calling it shit. As people here enjoy it it is a personal attack. Want the personal attacks to go away SHOW SOME RESPECT. No one expects you to like that music but live and let live ERIC.

The 3T was a horrible era in many ways. That's just the way I see it, and the facts and the evidence speaks for itself. I'm just glad it's over and we have a chance to move onward and upward again. There is no personal attack in that statement. Unless perhaps you are attached to Ronald Reagan; maybe.

We know you think it is a horrible era but there is no need for you to keep on repeating it. Yes of course i take it personally. No i will not allow you to just walk all over it and say what does that hurt, don't take my punches personally. That is school kid bully tactic. Don't like my attacks on you? You are taking it personally. Don't. Just disagree. I am fine with that. Seems ignorant and cruel doesn't it. Cruel of the other persons feelings. I will stop going on about your insensitivity to others tastes when you learn that it is hurtful to others. I have no idea what you are on about regarding Ronald Reagan. Keep in mind i am a foreigner and he was pres when i was an infant.

Why not just put me on ignore? Give up your ridiculous attempt to change people. This forum is about issues and opinions, not about the behavior of the participants. Stop trying to change it. Or just be ignored.

If people are going to move on, they have to learn that the 3T era was wrong. And yet Americans still say by only 2% that they will vote Republican for congress. That is horrible; they have learned nothing. No, it will have to be repeated over and over until they get it.
It is wrong to insult people correct? The 3T was created by people. So it is safe to say you are insulting a part of who we are. This has nothing to do with politics. Stick to the subject which is music thank you. We are discussing music not politics when it comes to your disrespect of 3T music. Because it is a repetitive attack and constant it must be addressed. Music, we love it or we do not. Think of it like a straight person or a gay person. Differences. Got it? The straight person likes certain people but the gay does not like what that person likes. You can respect both right? I know you can because you mention you are respectful of the differences. But when it comes to music you fail with showing the same respect for differences and tell us we should just brush off the insults which you do not think are insults. Think of it this way. It would be rude to disrespect a gay person for what they appreciate correct? Same thing here. It would be rude to disrespect music a person enjoys...and need i remind you calling certain music shit or garbage etc CONSTANTLY is disrespect. It is your opinion but so would be an opinion of a homophobe who disrespects gays constantly. Can you understand this? Can you understand that similarity. We may be different but you should be respectful just as you would a gay or a straight.

I qualify my statements by saying "generally speaking; some times it's OK," etc., and "I am open to any music." That's as far as I can go with it. My opinion is mine, and necessary to say. When culture declines, prophets speak. It's an old tradition.

Saying someone's opinion of some music is like being black or gay, sorry, uh, I don't quite follow you there. Does not compute. Bye.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
The 3T begins when the new pop acts all quit pretending to stand for anything noble or pushing to improve the listener. The folk-like acts of the Awakening era became nostalgia, and the new pop became strictly hedonistic. That's about when I made the complete break from pop to classical music.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Me too; of course I don't even consider many of the 3T styles even hedonistic, because music does give sensuous or sensual pleasure, and that's a good thing; but those styles are more aimed toward assaulting the listener. It's for head bangers. Of course, there's a lot of diversity in such a large category as 3T American pop and rock, and Taramarie doesn't get that generalizations are just exaggerations to make a point. And she likes to interfere with others' conversations where she doesn't belong, in her haughty belief that a 20-something year old hypersensitive and bi-polar art student is entitled to tell anyone and everyone how to behave. I was speaking to Rags about the 3T music HE likes, not about what she likes. But that fact seems to escape her.

I don't think Taramarie has very good taste in music right now. That is insulting to her for me to say that, she says. But it is not a moral judgement of her, and it's not a criticism of her as a person. And I think she COULD have "good taste," as I see it, if she is willing to open up to what she hasn't experienced. She won't listen to me, so it's none of my business now anyway. Most young listeners today just aren't exposed to much good music. She knows some, and I'm sure she knows good music that I don't know.

Bad taste is not a permanent condition anyway, so she's wrong to say it's like insulting gays. I know; I have learned and experienced a lot of music, and learned to like much that I didn't know of or like before. Sometimes she seems to be open minded, and sometimes she is just wacky and can't be talked to.

It's funny that the moderator split this off. Not only was it not relevant to the gun debate, it's not even a topic worthy of discussion at all.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(06-22-2016, 05:07 PM)taramarie Wrote: [quote='Eric the Green' pid='3624' dateline='1466632806']
[quote='taramarie' pid='3621' dateline='1466630922']
[quote='Eric the Green' pid='3612' dateline='1466629338']

Being a prophet does not excuse inconsideration. That is an insult to other boomers.

By definition, a prophet (whether a boomer or not) is going to speak out against prevailing trends of decline. Probably Amos was labelled "inconsiderate" too just for saying what he thought was the truth.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(06-22-2016, 11:43 PM)taramarie Wrote:
(06-22-2016, 11:21 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Me too; of course I don't even consider many of the 3T styles even hedonistic, because music does give sensuous or sensual pleasure, and that's a good thing; but those styles are more aimed toward assaulting the listener. It's for head bangers. Of course, there's a lot of diversity in such a large category as 3T American pop and rock, and Taramarie doesn't get that generalizations are just exaggerations to make a point. And she likes to interfere with others' conversations where she doesn't belong, in her haughty belief that a 20-something year old hypersensitive and bi-polar art student is entitled to tell anyone and everyone how to behave. I was speaking to Rags about the 3T music HE likes, not about what she likes. But that fact seems to escape her.

I don't think Taramarie has very good taste in music right now. That is insulting to her for me to say that, she says. But it is not a moral judgement of her, and it's not a criticism of her as a person. And I think she COULD have "good taste," as I see it, if she is willing to open up to what she hasn't experienced. She won't listen to me, so it's none of my business now anyway. Most young listeners today just aren't exposed to much good music. She knows some, and I'm sure she knows good music that I don't know.

Bad taste is not a permanent condition anyway, so she's wrong to say it's like insulting gays. I know; I have learned and experienced a lot of music, and learned to like much that I didn't know of or like before. Sometimes she seems to be open minded, and sometimes she is just wacky and can't be talked to.

It's funny that the moderator split this off. Not only was it not relevant to the gun debate, it's not even a topic worthy of discussion at all.
I normally am open minded. I listen to everyone. My problem with you is that you do not. You are closed off to an entire era and insult it to boot. Also it is insulting to say it is wrong and needs to be fixed. That is also closed minded. I on the other hand listen to other people's music and respect that is what they enjoy even if i do not. Anyway, I am off to get tea. We will have fun with this later.

I do not preclude the possibility that the 4T will bring forth a marvelous collection of new popular music. If the last 4T says anything, then we are about due to discover some popular music with an omnibus appeal -- as was the case with the Big Band era. This was quite possibly the greatest popular music ever except for that of Franz Josef Haydn and Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, who then had much the same appeal as the Big Band music circa 1940. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart as the Glenn Miller of his day? He was extremely popular in his lifetime.

If anything, shutting off the popular culture of the 1980s and 1990s opened up a huge range of other culture to me.

Is the popular culture to be disparaged? Only if it is mindless or depraved. It is telling that IBM's supercomputer "Watson" draws its diction from Bob Dylan, truly a great lyricist. If America goes very bad very fast in this 4T (as by electing Donald Trump as President), then it could rediscover some humanistic values in Simon and Garfunkel; Peter, Paul, and Mary; Bob Dylan; Joni Mitchell; and maybe even the Beatles (if they are Brits -- so what?) and the Beach Boys. After being deadly serious and wrong one might rediscover some whimsy and what makes people truly human.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(06-22-2016, 11:21 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Me too; of course I don't even consider many of the 3T styles even hedonistic, because music does give sensuous or sensual pleasure, and that's a good thing; but those styles are more aimed toward assaulting the listener. It's for head bangers. Of course, there's a lot of diversity in such a large category as 3T American pop and rock, and Taramarie doesn't get that generalizations are just exaggerations to make a point. And she likes to interfere with others' conversations where she doesn't belong, in her haughty belief that a 20-something year old hypersensitive and bi-polar art student is entitled to tell anyone and everyone how to behave. I was speaking to Rags about the 3T music HE likes, not about what she likes. But that fact seems to escape her.

I normally am open minded. I listen to everyone. My problem with you is that you do not. You are closed off to an entire era and insult it to boot. Also it is insulting to say it is wrong and needs to be fixed. That is also closed minded. I on the other hand listen to other people's music and respect that is what they enjoy even if i do not. Anyway, I am off to get tea. We will have fun with this later.

You do not listen. As I said, I have discovered at least a few good songs that I didn't know before that you posted; you have not discovered anything new from what I have posted. Whether you were criticizing my attitude or not. so no, it's you who does not listen. Nor do you listen when I explain and qualify my statements about the 3T. No, go to the mirror boy, Tara. Take the huge moat out of your own eye, hypocrite. And no, it's not fun. It's stupid.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(06-23-2016, 09:07 AM)pbrower2a Wrote:

I do not preclude the possibility that the 4T will bring forth a marvelous collection of new popular music. If the last 4T says anything, then we are about due to discover some popular music with an omnibus appeal -- as was the case with the Big Band era. This was quite possibly the greatest popular music ever except for that of Franz Josef Haydn and Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, who then had much the same appeal as the Big Band music circa 1940. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart as the Glenn Miller of his day? He was extremely popular in his lifetime.

If anything, shutting off the popular culture of the 1980s and 1990s opened up a huge range of other culture to me.

Is the popular culture to be disparaged? Only if it is mindless or depraved. It is telling that IBM's supercomputer "Watson" draws its diction from Bob Dylan, truly a great lyricist. If America goes very bad very fast in this 4T (as by electing Donald Trump as President), then it could rediscover some humanistic values in Simon and Garfunkel; Peter, Paul, and Mary; Bob Dylan; Joni Mitchell; and maybe even the Beatles (if they are Brits -- so what?) and the Beach Boys. After being deadly serious and wrong one might rediscover some whimsy and what makes people truly human.

Well said. Of course, I say that the 60s (1963-1973) was easily the greatest pop/rock era ever, but we'll get to the forties later in the best songs ever thread. And we've just scratched the surface of the 60s, starting (going backwards) with its climactic and most-ambitious summit of achievement by The Who. Now THAT is some fun.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pop Stars By Decade gabrielle 1 1,927 01-02-2017, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green