Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long Lost (Would Be?) Sould Mates: The Ones Who Got Away
Heart 
Although not specfic to being Middle Aged, certainly these sorts of thoughts come up more now than they did when I was in my 20s and 30s.

Please share your own thoughts and experiences.

(07-07-2016, 04:13 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: Although not specfic to being Middle Aged, certainly these sorts of thoughts come up more now than they did when I was in my 20s and 30s.

Please share your own thoughts and experiences.

Hmm interesting thread. Yes, I have a story to share. I will be brief as it is a long story. Anyone who has questions is free to ask away. I met my ex on twitter during the earthquakes that destroyed my city and killed many. This was during my SVA days. I ended up in hospital due to inhaling silt into my lungs. I was messaged by a stranger asking how chch was. We started talking and he gave me medical advice as he is a doctor. We bonded and after two years I went on one hell of a journey from chch NZ all the way to australia, bangkok, dubai, to finally Joburg south Africa. First time overseas for me. I was also on my own. I had a tachycardia attack and threw up as i was so scared. Not in big favour of heights. Lovely man....terrible and frightening country. Many things had me in shock. It made me homesick and realize i really am an islander. I missed home badly. So I returned. Originally we had planned he was to come to NZ. He said he wanted to live here. But his dad is very ill and just got worse. He had hoped i would stay in sa. I was not aware of this. He eventually broke it off and stopped talking for months. Only to start coming onto me again saying he has spoken to his uncle who said he would care for his brother. Then he decided after a while he intended to study law and stay in SA. It just did not work out. I do not like living behind bars, electric fencing etc for safety and he is too hot and cold for me. Always changing his mind. I thought the visit to sa was just that. A visit. After he said he was intending to stay in SA and study law i finally had enough and said never again.

Anyway that is my story. I learned a hell of a lot from that relationship.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.