Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Generations and Nostalgia
Lets be more inclusive and look at what all generations are nostalgic about! Share and compare here!
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

I was born in 1956, which would make me a late Boomer.

Woodstock-summer of 1969. (Half a century ago!)

Summer of Love-1967.

I was just old enough to be aware, but too young to participate. These are two times that I would have liked to see first hand.
I would probably be more nostalgic if I hadn't spent so much of the 1990s getting high out of my mind. Or as my husband once put it about the 90s "If you remember them you weren't there."

I do miss getting good MDMA. It is almost impossible to find any anymore that isn't about half crystal and thus undesirable.
It really is all mathematics.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.
Good MDMA (a/k/a Ecstasy)?

An oxymoron!
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(05-23-2019, 07:13 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: Good MDMA (a/k/a Ecstasy)?

An oxymoron!

Obviously you've never taken any.  It is called ecstasy for a reason you know. Cool

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.
(05-23-2019, 01:31 PM)Kinser79 Wrote:
(05-23-2019, 07:13 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: Good MDMA (a/k/a Ecstasy)?

An oxymoron!

Obviously you've never taken any.  It is called ecstasy for a reason you know. Cool

It's also illegal for good reason. At least I have never been a doper. I do enjoy a nice wine or craft beer. But that is as far as I go.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

There was a time when your nice wine or craft beer was illegal also. And it was prohibited then for the very same "good reasons" you use to back up prohibiting other things now.

I wonder if you have ever thought deeply on the Drug War, or if you just love having powerful criminal gangs that are flush with cash from illicit trade.

(05-25-2019, 09:17 PM)Kinser79 Wrote: There was a time when your nice wine or craft beer was illegal also. And it was prohibited then for the very same "good reasons" you use to back up prohibiting other things now.

Almost everyone recognizes Prohibition as a huge blunder. Paradoxically. Prohibition led people who did drink to go from the more easily-managed beer and wine to the more concentrated, distilled beverages that are easier to get drunk on.  

Quote:I wonder if you have ever thought deeply on the Drug War, or if you just love having powerful criminal gangs that are flush with cash from illicit trade.

I'll leave you with the Wikipedia article on ecstasy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MDMA

I've read the MDMA article PBR. And prohibition of all narcotics has been a huge blunder. It seems that everyone except Boomers seem to have recognized this. Crime mysteriously drops when the mafia can't set the prices on the substances people want--unsurprisingly.

(05-22-2019, 06:41 PM)Kinser79 Wrote: I would probably be more nostalgic if I hadn't spent so much of the 1990s getting high out of my mind.  Or as my husband once put it about the 90s "If you remember them you weren't there."

I do miss getting good MDMA.  It is almost impossible to find any anymore that isn't about half crystal and thus undesirable.

MDMA and psilocybin are both on a path to the pharmaceuticals list.  Both seem to treat problems like PTSD, among many other hard to treat anxiety-based disorders.  Contact Colorado for more information.  Bring your diagnosis with you.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(05-30-2019, 12:15 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(05-22-2019, 06:41 PM)Kinser79 Wrote: I would probably be more nostalgic if I hadn't spent so much of the 1990s getting high out of my mind.  Or as my husband once put it about the 90s "If you remember them you weren't there."

I do miss getting good MDMA.  It is almost impossible to find any anymore that isn't about half crystal and thus undesirable.

MDMA and psilocybin are both on a path to the pharmaceuticals list.  Both seem to treat problems like PTSD, among many other hard to treat anxiety-based disorders.  Contact Colorado for more information.  Bring your diagnosis with you.

That is very interesting, but it would only treat the symptoms of ptsd and anxiety based disorders which I also have. It would not get to the root of it of course. That requires talk therapy as well as in my case, tantra based therapy as it is a mind and body based trauma. Otherwise that is interesting. Would be good to have an option to help with anxiety as it is very crippling.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

-- they used 2 say that about the 60s too. If you can remember them you weren't really there
Heart  Bernie/Tulsi 2020    Heart
(05-25-2019, 09:17 PM)Kinser79 Wrote: There was a time when your nice wine or craft beer was illegal also. And it was prohibited then for the very same "good reasons" you use to back up prohibiting other things now.

I wonder if you have ever thought deeply on the Drug War, or if you just love having powerful criminal gangs that are flush with cash from illicit trade.

Prohibition of ASSorted substances is AS(S)inine. The War on Drugs is for dopes only. Only a dope can justify the costs, waste of police resources, soaring jail costs, etc. You see, the War on Drugs is just another manifestation of a uniquely American malady, moral panic.  However, things seem to be changing, even here is ruby red Oklahoma. I have my card now and am enjoying some mighty fine sour diesel all nice and legal. Cool
---Value Added Cool
(05-30-2019, 05:02 PM)taramarie Wrote:

That is very interesting, but it would only treat the symptoms of ptsd and anxiety based disorders which I also have. It would not get to the root of it of course. That requires talk therapy as well as in my case, tantra based therapy as it is a mind and body based trauma. Otherwise that is interesting. Would be good to have an option to help with anxiety as it is very crippling.

Apparently, both provide a panic free zone to experience the full memory of the original traumatic event without triggering a panic attack.  Once experienced with reduced emotional impact, the trauma has less effect on the individual in the future.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(05-31-2019, 09:14 AM)David Horn Wrote:
(05-30-2019, 05:02 PM)taramarie Wrote:

Apparently, both provide a panic free zone to experience the full memory of the original traumatic event without triggering a panic attack.  Once experienced with reduced emotional impact, the trauma has less effect on the individual in the future.
Is this after they are off the medication though and have been able to work through it? I also subscribe to the idea of experiencing the opposite of what caused the trigger to combat that fear of it.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  90s nostalgia taramarie 14 5,020 08-04-2016, 03:32 AM
Last Post: Ragnarök_62