Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do we all of a sudden have spam threads?
This site needs an enema to remove Phyllispok. She has only three fewer threads started than I have... but I made them over the life of this site, and of course in good faith. To be sure, some went nowhere, but some are well populated.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(12-20-2019, 02:41 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: This site needs an enema  to remove Phyllispok. She has only three fewer threads started than I have... but I made them over the life of this site, and of course in good faith. To be sure, some went nowhere, but some are well populated.

It really gets on my nerve with having that many obnoxious attention whoring spam threads especially as it buries actual conversations.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(12-20-2019, 02:49 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(12-20-2019, 02:41 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: This site needs an enema  to remove Phyllispok. She has only three fewer threads started than I have... but I made them over the life of this site, and of course in good faith. To be sure, some went nowhere, but some are well populated.

It really gets on my nerve with having that many obnoxious attention whoring spam threads especially as it buries actual conversations.

It's the holidays, and Rags may be otherwise engaged.  It's a great argument for an additional moderator.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
(12-20-2019, 06:59 AM)David Horn Wrote:
(12-20-2019, 02:49 AM)taramarie Wrote:

It's the holidays, and Rags may be otherwise engaged.  It's a great argument for an additional moderator.
Yeah I think a regular poster would be preferable. Doesn't matter to me who it is so long as they keep the spam threads in check. I would be ok with doing it though soon I probably wouldn't be able to be on here all that much given my partner will be coming to new Zealand to do the meet and greet of my family then we head off to Slovakia and that will be really busy building our first "nest" together. New career and new country, life, and home, I will be very busy. So I ask that there be two mods, who are here regularly to monitor spam threads as that one, is particularly nasty and it buries actual conversations. Total nuisance.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

Oh great, a million more spam by that phyll asshat.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

Horray! phyllasshat has been removed. Thank goodness its finally sorted.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

Enema given; blockage now in the septic tank.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

We have another scum spammer. I have reported. Hopefully its sorted soon as this one is turning out as bad as the other one.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

Clean-up, aisle SPAM!

"weareacouple" under Special Topics.
Which demonstrates the nontechnical limitations of the recent Information Revolution. Constraints imposed by the uglier aspects of human nature.
(01-09-2020, 12:57 PM)Tim Randal Walker Wrote: "weareacouple" under Special Topics.

I would like to see him clean up his act. Watch him closely. Non-artistic nudity is not allowed on this Forum. He is provocative on issues, but he is close to the line. Ban if he shows something inapt.