Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prominent Republicans call for Donald Trump to drop out of the nomination
Former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman ® on Friday called on GOP nominee Donald Trump to drop out of the presidential race after The Washington Post published an explicit recording from 2005 in which the New York businessman speaks about women in lewd and derogatory terms.

In a conversation with then-”Access Hollywood” host Billy Bush, Trump claimed he tried to have sex with a married woman and could grab women “by the pussy” because he was a celebrity.
Responding to the tape, Huntsman said it was time for Indiana Gov. Mike Pence, Trump’s vice presidential running mate, to assume the GOP nomination.

“In a campaign cycle that has been nothing but a race to the bottom — at such a critical moment for our nation — and with so many who have tried to be respectful of a record primary vote, the time has come for Governor Pence to lead the ticket,” Huntsman told The Salt Lake Tribune.

Pence, however, dodged repeated questions about Trump’s comments at a campaign rally in Ohio on Friday night.
Huntsman, who ran for president in 2012, said last week he was planning on voting for Trump even though the two men disagree on a “range of issues.”

Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.), a vulnerable Republican facing re-election this year who has already said he would not vote for Trump in November, also called on Trump to drop out Friday night.

A few other Republicans followed suit. A.J. Spiker, a former chairman of the Iowa Republican Party who was previously critical of Trump, echoed the call for Trump to resign and called him “unfit for public office.”

So too did former Labor Secretary Linda Chavez, who served in the George W. Bush administration. In an interview with MSNBC, Chavez, who also served under Ronald Reagan, called Trump’s remarks “vile.”

Garrett Jackson, a former aide to 2012 GOP nominee Mitt Romney, also called on Mike Pence to assume the nomination, tweeting that “any decent human can beat Clinton.”

GOP strategist and Trump critic Ana Navarro joined the chorus of voices Friday evening calling on Trump to resign, adding that “he is not fit to be called a man.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jon-...gn_us_57f8
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(10-07-2016, 08:54 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: Former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman ® on Friday called on GOP nominee Donald Trump to drop out of the presidential race after The Washington Post published an explicit recording from 2005 in which the New York businessman speaks about women in lewd and derogatory terms.

In a conversation with then-”Access Hollywood” host Billy Bush, Trump claimed he tried to have sex with a married woman and could grab women “by the pussy” because he was a celebrity.
Responding to the tape, Huntsman said it was time for Indiana Gov. Mike Pence, Trump’s vice presidential running mate, to assume the GOP nomination.

“In a campaign cycle that has been nothing but a race to the bottom — at such a critical moment for our nation — and with so many who have tried to be respectful of a record primary vote, the time has come for Governor Pence to lead the ticket,” Huntsman told The Salt Lake Tribune.

Pence, however, dodged repeated questions about Trump’s comments at a campaign rally in Ohio on Friday night.
Huntsman, who ran for president in 2012, said last week he was planning on voting for Trump even though the two men disagree on a “range of issues.”

Sen. Mark Kirk (R-Ill.), a vulnerable Republican facing re-election this year who has already said he would not vote for Trump in November, also called on Trump to drop out Friday night.

A few other Republicans followed suit. A.J. Spiker, a former chairman of the Iowa Republican Party who was previously critical of Trump, echoed the call for Trump to resign and called him “unfit for public office.”

So too did former Labor Secretary Linda Chavez, who served in the George W. Bush administration. In an interview with MSNBC, Chavez, who also served under Ronald Reagan, called Trump’s remarks “vile.”

Garrett Jackson, a former aide to 2012 GOP nominee Mitt Romney, also called on Mike Pence to assume the nomination, tweeting that “any decent human can beat Clinton.”

GOP strategist and Trump critic Ana Navarro joined the chorus of voices Friday evening calling on Trump to resign, adding that “he is not fit to be called a man.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jon-...gn_us_57f8

The RNC has cut off funding for Donald Trump.
(10-09-2016, 03:14 PM)naf140230 Wrote: The RNC has cut off funding for Donald Trump.
Do you have a source?
(10-09-2016, 08:45 PM)Bronsin Wrote: I swear to GOD he is throwing this election on purpose. NOBODY that successful in life and business can be that fkn stupid all the time in the media. Of course all the dried up old hags are lining up to be "offended" by his remarks.

Most of his "success" has come from being a sleazy grifter, look at all the stories out there of people and businesses he's ripped off.
#MakeTheDemocratsGreatAgain
(10-09-2016, 10:09 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: He is not that successful in life. He is a successful promoter. He knows how to sell. That's what he's doing. He's an agressive used car salesman, and I wouldn't buy. Nor would lots of other folks.

True. The standard for an effective salesman is that one gets sales volume In some industries, if one convinces one in ten of potential customers (so it is with sales by telephone) one is a success.

Quote:I don't think you can describe woman offended by his remarks "old hags." I think lots of women would be offended by YOUR remark.

If one truly respects women, then one will recognize them for things other than their sexuality... like character, competence, work ethic, etc... on which you would judge men. My judgment of a man who thinks it acceptable to grab female crotches without her consent is simple: he is an abuser. Just because one does not want her as a sexual partner does not mean that she is worthless.

Add to that, I see something terribly wrong with someone nearly sixty years old insisting on having sexual relationships with young-adult women. "Half plus seven"?

He has trivialized some vile, offensive acts against women. One need not be an 'old hag' to find it offensive. If I had a daughter and heard her boyfriend talk as Trump did about crotch-grabs I would warn her to stay away from him... and I would tell that boyfriend that he is to stay away from my daughter.

Of course I would have taught her that someone who does bad things to females of any kind is completely inappropriate as a partner.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Guys could you disagree with the other persons opinion choice of words without attacking the other person.
Ok, since the insults didn't stop I have started issuing warnings future violations will results in escalating warnings. If you see an objectionable post please simply flag it rather than calling it out.
VILE MOD TYRANNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (just kidding!) Big Grin
#MakeTheDemocratsGreatAgain

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Republicans do Eric the Green 270 143,103 08-29-2022, 01:48 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Donald Trump: polls of approval and favorability pbrower2a 792 312,582 10-08-2021, 06:08 PM
  John Boehner criticizes Republicans, but does he reject neo-liberalism? Eric the Green 21 6,300 04-21-2021, 04:31 PM
  Prominent economists warn Biden risks inflation with $1.9 trillion recovery package random3 0 502 02-12-2021, 08:29 PM
Last Post: random3
  BBC Video... Donald Trump and the MAFIA pbrower2a 2 1,810 05-29-2020, 03:47 PM
  Republicans, Democrats ‘swamp’ US government nebraska 0 1,314 01-14-2018, 04:28 AM
Last Post: nebraska
  Why One Baby Buster Voted For Donald Trump Anthony '58 43 25,869 01-24-2017, 01:15 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  What if Donald Trump is the new John C. Fremont? Anthony '58 1 2,327 10-19-2016, 09:56 PM
Last Post: Einzige
  Poll of the U.S. military has Gary Johnson tied with Donald Trump Dan '82 3 3,175 09-23-2016, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Anthony '58
  Americans Aren't Buying Donald Trump's Immigration Rhetoric, Polls Show naf140230 7 5,915 09-22-2016, 11:33 AM