Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The theory of human evolution and the 80-year cycle
(10-03-2018, 01:52 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(10-03-2018, 01:52 AM)Theojm Wrote:
(10-03-2018, 01:52 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: Yeah, I think we are fundamentally different from animals, as Teilhard de Chardin says.

Well, tell me 2-4 things that differentiate us from animals, fundamentally, and I will prove why you're wrong. A little friendly competition!  Wink

As I say, we are not even the smartest creatures 'in the room'. In view of the role of pigs in Orwell's cautionary fable
Animal Farm...

I'm serious, just try to tell me 2-4 things that animals couldn't do, even if they had advanced communication skills like we do.

I'm actually quite sure you can't, because we're just evolved animals, nothing more.
(10-08-2018, 12:54 AM)Theojm Wrote:
(10-03-2018, 01:52 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(10-03-2018, 01:52 AM)Theojm Wrote:
(10-03-2018, 01:52 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: Yeah, I think we are fundamentally different from animals, as Teilhard de Chardin says.

Well, tell me 2-4 things that differentiate us from animals, fundamentally, and I will prove why you're wrong. A little friendly competition!  Wink

As I say, we are not even the smartest creatures 'in the room'. In view of the role of pigs in Orwell's cautionary fable
Animal Farm...

I'm serious, just try to tell me 2-4 things that animals couldn't do, even if they had advanced communication skills like we do.

I'm actually quite sure you can't, because we're just evolved animals, nothing more.

I already answered that one:

http://generational-theory.com/forum/thr...l#pid39017

Of course, if they had advanced communication skills like we do, they probably would have developed in all the other ways; things tend to go together. And thus would have become human. I don't question that we evolved from animals, but we evolved; we became different. And evolution is not just the mechanical process described by Darwin. It is moved from above; from the end. There's more going on in us than what mainstream traditional 19th century science says.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(10-08-2018, 02:25 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: I don't question that we evolved from animals, but we evolved; we became different. And evolution is not just the mechanical process described by Darwin.

Ok, so lets continue on this as a starting point, since we agree on your statement (although you think we're somehow really special and I don't, but that's ok).

The next question is, how do you know the 80-year cycle has anything to with only Homo sapiens? We express ourselves so much, and we express the same emotions that animals have. We see the cycle only because we're able to do that, as freedom has grown immensely after 1480's church crises (and in my view for thousands of years before that in free pagan/atheistic societies). Do you see where I'm going here? Freedom + expresion = visible cycle. But if it isn't as visible, how can you be sure it's still not there, just in a more quieter way? In every animal from single celled animals to mammals. Even a single cell divides, finds new food and territories. This is what Homo sapiens still does to this day, more efficiently than other species, nothing special here.

To put in another way, life finds a way. Different species are highly optimized, and this optimization happens through genes. Surroundings can block some genes and allow others to function more. We act out our genes is what I'm going at. And there are 3 billion base pairs of genes, this is an insane amount of information that is controlling our behavior and biological traits. But group behavior in an interconnected world is strong because of advanced communication, and how the group behavior is also in our genes, just like for ants, who know their roles, nobody tells them how to behave, it's in them.

So once again, why are humans so different from animals? We're just more complicated, which leads to our need to explain the world, which leads to religions. We try to explain the world through spiritual aspects, as we simply still don't know the answers to most questions. Science is replacing religion, which allows us to abandon old cultural values and be animals again. This can be seen everywhere, only the first turnings can slow this progression down a bit, since old ways are "found again" in some form, at least for a while. Then the second turning comes and we take a look inside of us, and the abandoning of churches and religions continues, if they do not offer better answers to questions than science. This is THE reason why oppressive religions have defended themselves:

“We pronounce, judge, and declare, that you, the said Galileo Galilei… have rendered yourself vehemently suspected by this Holy Office of heresy, that is, of having believed and held the doctrine (which is false and contrary to the Holy and Divine Scriptures) that the sun is the center of the world, and that it does not move from east to west, and that the earth does move, and is not the center of the world.”

And once again, I really hope this discussion doesn't turn into different religions or cultures. This should be about the roots of the cycle. Unless we understand the past, we cannot comprehend the future. And since the origins of the 80-year cycle are not established, I see that it is the most important aspect that should be researched and discussed on this forum. All other talk is more or less speculation without true evidence.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Possible true reason for the 4 turnings! 80-year cycle explained, from epigenetics! Theojm 6 680 03-23-2019, 08:50 PM
Last Post: Hintergrund
  Collective Unconscious Map - Cycle in Art Movements (with Rorschach variables) Mark40 10 391 02-11-2019, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Thermodynamics - Carnot Cycle - Anacyclosis (256 Years) - E8 Group Theory Mark40 3 298 02-06-2019, 11:30 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund
Photo Anacyclosis (256 years cycle / 12 Generation / 3 Saeculum) Mark40 7 1,573 02-15-2018, 01:17 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Generational cycle research Mikebert 19 6,032 02-08-2018, 10:06 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Generation Theory Thread Mikebert 39 11,617 05-20-2017, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Galen
  The astro-kondratiev cycle Eric the Green 4 2,542 11-16-2016, 04:03 PM
Last Post: Mikebert
  Political Cycle Model for Saeculum Mikebert 22 7,187 10-08-2016, 08:35 AM
Last Post: Mikebert