Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Tunes from the 2T
The 2T started with late "British Invasion" rock, and quickly moved into Hippie Rock / Psychedelic Rock. Acid Rock / Heavy Metal and Prog welled up nearly simultaneously. Then came Punk, Post Punk, New Wave (and Metal never stopped). Lots of good tunes from the 2T.

Here's an album I think Rags might like:

Best psychedelic record

"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Or is it this one?

Still allowed on you tube. Yeah!

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Very nice movie theme from 1970 by Stanley Myers

Cavatina from the Deer Hunter.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
Hmmmmm....  This thread needs some serious heavy metal additions ! Big Grin

Ahh yes, memories from high school..   Booze and Judas Priest go together like lipstick and leather.
---Value Added Cool

"You've Got Another Thing Comin'" is a song by British heavy metal band Judas Priest. It was originally released on their 1982 album Screaming for Vengeance and released as a single later that year. In May 2006, VH1 ranked it fifth on their list of the 40 Greatest Metal Songs. It became one of Judas Priest's signature songs along with "Electric Eye" and "Breaking the Law", and a staple of the band's live performances. "You've Got Another Thing Comin" was first performed on the opening concert of the Vengeance World Tour at the Stabler Center in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, on 26 August 1982 and had been played a total of 673 times through the 2012 Epitaph Tour.
---Value Added Cool

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Dog_%28song%29
---Value Added Cool

Insert cassette in car cassette player and party hearty, man.
---Value Added Cool
This thread needs some more classical guitar, man. Especially with some gas. The true definition of "best" and "classical." And especially since you tube deleted the other video from the other thread.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(10-22-2016, 10:18 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: This thread needs some more classical guitar, man. Especially with some gas. The true definition of "best" and "classical." And especially since you tube deleted the other video from the other thread.

<snip vid>

Oh, oh, by all means, classical guitar.  No 2T music should be without the penultimate guitarist of the era.

Jimi Hendrix.   If I had to pick one song to define the 2T, this is it! Big Grin

Heh,

https://www.leafly.com/sativa/purple-haze
---Value Added Cool

Here's another trippy song.  I can get stoned just playing it through some distortion generation on VLC player.
---Value Added Cool
A Jr. high favorite.  This song kicks ass.

---Value Added Cool
Presenting one of the best albums of the 2T era. Cool 

Lots of Rock and Roll over stickers on book covers in Jr. High.
---Value Added Cool
(10-22-2016, 04:49 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote: Jimi Hendrix.   If I had to pick one song to define the 2T, this is it! Big Grin

classical guitar, ha ha. Pretty good. But Tomorrow Never Knows is much greater. It defines maybe not the haze of the 2T, but its shining moment.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(10-22-2016, 08:41 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(10-22-2016, 04:49 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote: Jimi Hendrix.   If I had to pick one song to define the 2T, this is it! Big Grin

classical guitar, ha ha. Pretty good. But Tomorrow Never Knows is much greater. It defines maybe not the haze of the 2T, but its shining moment.

Mad Men paid $250,000 to use this song.  The show's creator believed it was worth it, to authentically portray the sixties. 

In this scene, the character Don Draper has been urged by his (much younger) wife to listen to this song, which is why he skips ahead to it when putting on the record.
(10-24-2016, 01:11 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: Yeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaah!

Oh, yeah.   [Okie] Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah,  Huawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww [/Okie]
---Value Added Cool

Late  Friday night F.M. 

My Free Favs.
---Value Added Cool
One of  Rag's top 400

[

This is a what was old, is new again sort of thing, man. Cool   It's an awesome song to do weed to.
---Value Added Cool
One of the best bands    .... ever. Big Grin 

---Value Added Cool
Hat tip to 2 of my 1958 Boomer cousins for turning me on to Deep Purple. Big Grin Cool 

---Value Added Cool