Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nurses Against Circumcision
Nurses Against Circumcision

"… I did not anticipate the lurching sensation that gripped my heart as I looked upon that baby. He was laying strapped down to a table, so small and new – pure and innocent – trusting – all alone – no defenses.
I walked toward the baby and wanted to take him off the table and shelter him – to tell him that it would be okay, that nobody would hurt him on my watch.
Then in walked the doctor. Loud. Obnoxious. Joking with his assistant. As if he was about to perform a 10-minute oil change.
Not once did he talk to this little baby. I am not sure he even looked at him – really looked at him.
Rather, he reached for his cold metal instruments and then reached out for his object of mutilation: this sweet newborn’s perfect, unharmed, intact penis.
I recall this little baby boy’s screams of pain and terror – his small lungs barely able to keep up with his cries and gasps for breath.
I turned in horror as I saw the doctor forcefully rip and pull the baby’s foreskin up and around a metal object.
Then out came the knife. Cut. Cut. Cut. Screaming. Blood.
I stood next to the baby and said, “You’re almost done sweetie. Almost done. There, done.”
Then came the words from the doctor, as that son-of-a-b***h dangled this little baby’s foreskin in midair and playfully asked, “Anybody care to go fishing?”
My tongue lodged in my throat.
I felt like I was about to vomit.
I restrained myself. It was now my duty to take the infant back to the nursery for “observation.”
… Back in the newborn nursery, rather than observing, I cradled the infant. I held him and whispered comforting words as if he were my own. I’ll never forget those new little eyes watch me amid his haze. He knew I cared about him. He knew he was safe in my arms. He knew that I was going to take him to his mommy. But, deep in his little heart, at some level, I know he wondered where his mommy was. While he lay there mutilated in a level of agony that we cannot imagine, in what was supposed to be a safe and welcoming environment after his birth, where was his mommy?"
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

This reads a lot like the diatribes I've seen from anti-vaxxers. It's all emotion and no objective fact.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
It is considered mutilation for girls and it is the same for boys. It is child abuse for both sexes and a supposed first world country like America is no better with this than some countries which cut up females.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

(02-14-2019, 07:33 PM)taramarie Wrote: It is considered mutilation for girls and it is the same for boys. It is child abuse for both sexes and a supposed first world country like America is no better with this than some countries which cut up females.

Female circumcision is actually clitoris removal.  No one removes the head of a boy's penis.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
Jews have kept doing circumcision for over two millennia, and they get some positive results. Circumcized men are less likely to get STDs or cancers or their reproductive system.

Here's what Wiki has to say:

Male circumcision reduces the risk of HIV infection among heterosexual men in sub-Saharan Africa.[10][11] Consequently the WHO recommends considering circumcision as part of a comprehensive HIV prevention program in areas with high rates of HIV such as sub-Saharan Africa.[12] There is also some evidence for circumcision reducing HIV infection risk for men who have sex with men.[13] The effectiveness of using circumcision to prevent HIV in the developed world is unclear.[14] Circumcision is associated with reduced rates of cancer-causing forms of human papillomavirus (HPV),[15][16] UTIs, and cancer of the penis.[4] Prevention of those conditions is not a justification for routine circumcision of infants.[1][17] Studies of other sexually transmitted infections are suggestive that circumcision is protective. A 2010 review found circumcisions performed by medical providers to have a typical complication rate of 1.5% for babies and 6% for older children, with few cases of severe complications.[18] Bleeding, infection, and the removal of either too much or too little foreskin are the most common complications cited.[18] Complication rates are higher when the procedure is performed by an inexperienced operator, in unsterile conditions, or in older children.[18] Circumcision does not appear to have a negative impact on sexual function.[19][20]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumcision

Barring some medical condition that precludes it, it seems that the risks are worth it. It is entrenched in many cultures that consider it mandatory to this day barring perhaps a medical counter-indication.

A clitoridectomy, in contrast, is a mangling of a girl (and it is done to girls) so that they cannot enjoy sex and thus will have little temptation for leaving a possessive husband. My position is that sexual delight is rightly a gift between two loving people, and it is best enjoyed if both partners are fully able to enjoy it. If a woman is involved, that implies a whole clitoris.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(02-14-2019, 07:33 PM)taramarie Wrote: It is considered mutilation for girls and it is the same for boys. It is child abuse for both sexes and a supposed first world country like America is no better with this than some countries which cut up females.

Nonsense.
[fon‌t=Arial Black]"... a man of notoriously vicious and intemperate disposition."[/font]
(02-17-2019, 04:45 PM)TnT Wrote:

Nonsense.

It reduces a man's pleasure during intercourse and makes it more difficult to masturbate, no doubt these ascetic desert cultures think it's great.

And because one cannot undo it, I tend to agree with taramarie.
Circumcision is overrated.

Nonsense.

Hey Tim!  Long time, no see.  How are things in Albuquerque, assuming you're still there?
those who are for mutilating babies here, have you done any actual independent research on this or are you just using laughable wiki posts on it or parroting what some doctors say who BTW are in this for financial gains? An independent mind on the topic is much needed and I see not one shred of logic given other than a wiki link. Do you realize that I have had personal experience in my life with my partner who has been through this and its true, its agony and is for the baby.....go watch a video on a baby boy being ripped of 20,000 nerve endings and protection for his glans. Tell me then he's not in agony. The foreskin acts as a eyelid to the eyeball. Come back when you have something other than wiki or "nonesense" as an arguement.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

Bill is right BTW. My partner literally has major issues due to the circumcision.
[Image: a2c934d52d19e684a2d3153bd8c8e3bf.jpg]
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGddmX_T5Ywh2bdBv1iee...2m98I1ArlQ]
It is a crazy sick world when one in 2019 needs to defend the rights of all children over their own body. The culture is sick.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

[Image: his+6.jpg]
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

That or just blindly following what others parrot and with it not thinking for ourselves. It is wrong for both sexes. Once upon a time they said there were health benefits for girls too until people said it is mutilation. Well, this is no better. It is still mutilation.
1984 Apollonian Civic
ISFP - The Artist.

"Men are property" - in clan-based cultures, young men (warriors) indeed are the property of elders, who are also male. Circumcision is not about sexism, but ageism.
(02-18-2019, 05:34 PM)David Horn Wrote:

Nonsense.

Hey Tim!  Long time, no see.  How are things in Albuquerque, assuming you're still there?

Just livin' the dream.  Come by every once in a while to see if things have changed.  After all, I'm your only remaining Silent.

Retired from my retirement gig as EMT on 911 ambulance here in ABQ after 10 years.  I figured that at 76 I had to have lost a step somewhere along the way and that it was time to drift along toward the sunset.
[fon‌t=Arial Black]"... a man of notoriously vicious and intemperate disposition."[/font]
(02-24-2019, 12:23 AM)taramarie Wrote: That or just blindly following what others parrot and with it not thinking for ourselves. It is wrong for both sexes. Once upon a time they said there were health benefits for girls too until people said it is mutilation. Well, this is no better. It is still mutilation.

You're over the top on this one.  Pearl clutching. Female (so-called) circumcision is simply not on the same order of magnitude as male.  And it's done on females for entirely different cultural reasons.  And is abuse.

And the idea that doctors do it for financial gain is laughable.  Seriously?  Getting rich off of circumcision?

Besides, what was once a common-place custom has changed to a procedure that actually has value depending on the anatomy of a particular male.
(02-26-2019, 10:09 PM)TnT Wrote:
(02-18-2019, 05:34 PM)David Horn Wrote: Hey Tim!  Long time, no see.  How are things in Albuquerque, assuming you're still there?

Just livin' the dream.  Come by every once in a while to see if things have changed.  After all, I'm your only remaining Silent.

Retired from my retirement gig as EMT on 911 ambulance here in ABQ after 10 years.  I figured that at 76 I had to have lost a step somewhere along the way and that it was time to drift along toward the sunset.

May the sunset be very long in coming and beautiful when it finally arrives.  I'm not far behind you, so I expect a good example from you.  Big Grin
(02-26-2019, 10:16 PM)TnT Wrote:
(02-24-2019, 12:23 AM)taramarie Wrote: That or just blindly following what others parrot and with it not thinking for ourselves. It is wrong for both sexes. Once upon a time they said there were health benefits for girls too until people said it is mutilation. Well, this is no better. It is still mutilation.

You're over the top on this one.  Pearl clutching. Female (so-called) circumcision is simply not on the same order of magnitude as male.  And it's done on females for entirely different cultural reasons.  And is abuse.

And the idea that doctors do it for financial gain is laughable.  Seriously?  Getting rich off of circumcision?

Besides, what was once a common-place custom has changed to a procedure that actually has value depending on the anatomy of a particular male.

Without going into gory detail, I personally know of a case physical abnormality that was discovered during this process -- one that would have been both painful but serious to repair later.
(02-24-2019, 12:20 AM)taramarie Wrote: [Image: his+6.jpg]

1. I cannot judge whether a circumcised penis is more attractive than a non-circumcised penis.

2. It is up to women to demand more of men, which includes that they do things to make themselves more 'sexy'. If a man will not wash before sex, then such should be as repugnant as failing to deal with bad breath.

In my opinion, mutual showering or bathing could be good foreplay. He washes, brushes his teeth, shaves, and is polite and sober, or I would avoid him... were I a woman. Or gay.

3. Unsafe or brutal sex is the antithesis of love. Loveless or brutal sex is perversion, and at its worst either is rape.

4. The sex drive is powerful enough to compromise rational processes and moral values. A very stupid man and a very stupid woman can fornicate if they can do little else, which may be a partial explanation of why there are so many idiots out and about.

5. Children are quasi-property -- one cannot sell them like chattels, but one certainly has responsibilities and (one hopes) a bond. Parents have a right to insist that their kids go to school, eat and refrain from eating certain foodstuffs, visit relatives, participate in religious services of the parents' choosing, not be economically exploited, avoid dubious attractions, and get vaccinated. Children have not yet developed the means of determining how to use free will. Circumcision seems worth the short-lived pain of an infant, and doing it in a boy's infancy seems like the right time. I cannot see what harm it did me.

Yes, I would be a strict parent; the world simply has too many snares for children who have yet to learn appropriate caution. But I am authoritative (everything that I do has a purpose that I can explain to a competent adult) and not authoritarian, which is brutal. The worst sort of parental treatment alternates between neglect and brutality. I want children to grow up to be competent adults, in part because parents cannot be around, and in part because at some time in the lives of people typically in their 60s or older there will be no elders to offer guidance when it is their turn to offer elder guidance to the perplexed.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.