Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory

Full Version: Long Lost (Would Be?) Sould Mates: The Ones Who Got Away
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Although not specfic to being Middle Aged, certainly these sorts of thoughts come up more now than they did when I was in my 20s and 30s.

Please share your own thoughts and experiences.
(07-07-2016, 04:13 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: [ -> ]Although not specfic to being Middle Aged, certainly these sorts of thoughts come up more now than they did when I was in my 20s and 30s.

Please share your own thoughts and experiences.

Some three weeks ago out of the blue while I was passing through the area where she now lives, I took the bold step of reaching out to a lost love I let go of many years back. Didn't even carry a big torch for her until that day. Wrote her a card and then a complete letter (not too many folks write letters anymore). I did hear back from her, but whether we will officially reconnect is not certain. But I did tell her that the door was open if she ever wished to return. She is still in a relationship she has been in ever since we split. Has a history of getting into a new relationship right after exiting another one. Best I ever had but too much a clinging vine for me at that time. Probably wouldn't bother me today though. At that time she had just gotten out of another relationship.;