Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory
The Partisan Divide on Issues - Printable Version

+- Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory (http://generational-theory.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Fourth Turning Forums (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Current Events (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-34.html)
+---- Forum: General Political Discussion (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-15.html)
+---- Thread: The Partisan Divide on Issues (/thread-3410.html)

RE: The Partisan Divide on Issues - Classic-Xer - 09-02-2020

(09-02-2020, 02:59 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(09-02-2020, 02:32 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: I'm an American who has spent years battling with ideologues and showing ideologues what Americans can do...

No, you are a yapper.
Guess what, you are a yapper too. You're not nearly as good of a yapper and you lie a lot and make mistakes as you're yapping and you aren't as able to relate to as many people or able stress the importance of things and defend the importance of things that most view as important to them or see as important with all the yapping you do here.

RE: The Partisan Divide on Issues - Bob Butler 54 - 09-02-2020

(09-02-2020, 03:41 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(09-02-2020, 02:32 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: I'm an American who has spent years battling with ideologues and showing ideologues what Americans can do...

No, you are a yapper.
Guess what, you are a yapper too. You're not nearly as good of a yapper and you lie a lot and make mistakes as you're yapping and you aren't as able to relate to as many people or able stress the importance of things and defend the importance of things that most view as important to them or see as important with all the yapping you do here.

You might consider reading history and checking against reality.

RE: The Partisan Divide on Issues - Classic-Xer - 09-02-2020

(09-02-2020, 03:51 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:

No, you are a yapper.

I suggest that you do the same before you find yourself being cut out of the American loop altogether and find yourself being ruled by Liberal elites.

RE: The Partisan Divide on Issues - Bob Butler 54 - 09-02-2020

(09-02-2020, 04:06 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: I suggest that you do the same before you find yourself being cut out of the American loop altogether and find yourself being ruled by Liberal elites.

Doubtful.  When Biden takes charge, he will hardly oppose those who are spreading a liberal opinion.  He won’t personally move against the red agenda either, for that matter.  We are moving into a high.  People stomping on the remnants of the old values has been rather common.  I would expect that.  However, the leadership generally has better things to do.

But the basic problem is that I live on Earth 1, you on Earth 2.  Your president in a stable genius, his approach to the pandemic was great, there is no racism problem in his country, a bunch of people close to him aren’t felons or indicted, he isn’t named as a co conspirator, and a bunch of professionals haven’t diagnosed him as narcissistic and senile.  As long as you live in a red neighborhood, watch red news, and don’t verify against reality, what have you to say really to those of us living on Earth 1?  Your posts will remain mostly yappy threats of violence?

RE: The Partisan Divide on Issues - pbrower2a - 09-02-2020

(09-02-2020, 02:32 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(09-02-2020, 01:10 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(09-02-2020, 12:09 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: Thanks for proving my point and showing everyone that I'm spot on and understand the Liberal  way of thinking these days. All I can do or  say at this point, I hope there's enough uppity blacks and uppity whites and uppity people of other races (male, female, male-female, gay and straight) who are living here to financially support you, provide for your defense  and provide whatever basic services and so forth  because the country is on the verge of splitting and parting ways with them and the bulk of the people (their supporters) like you at the same time as well.

Not really.  It's just one ideolog's opinion that we have heard many a time.  We are not near succession any more than we are close to all out violence.  Yes, a few the right wing factions are fighting each other, but most of America is OK.

Dude, my neighbor (an uppity white Liberal) had a Liberal yard sign delivered to her home that she hasn't displayed because she lives in a Trump neighborhood and she probably knows that the words written on it would either upset or insult the entire neighborhood today. She also knows that the neighborhood are better people than they're portrayed by the media. She also knows that the adults  have a much better grasp on life than her as well. The country could split and function as separate country's without succession today. We are on the verge of actually doing that right now. I think you'll find out that most Americans aren't ideologues like you guys these days.

What do you think liberals do when they see a "Trump" sign? Do you think that we give a mock-fascist salute (left for the KKK, right for the Nazis --- that is practically the difference between Kluxists and neo-Nazis now)?  Trump supporters can have virtues that have nothing to do with insane and reactionary politics. 

The media have no trouble who would go out of the way to replace a flat tire with a spare tire or who hold a bake sale for a band or high-school sports drive. Those journalists who have studied history, political science, or economics as college majors see little precedent for Trump in America but ugly consequences in other countries. I see many of the hallmarks of a dictator or despot in Donald Trump, and they seem as obvious as that if you live in Minnesota you had better have some means for compensating for the long, harsh, dangerous, dreary winters. Example: you need to be paid better than you would in a similarly-urban community in Louisiana just to afford more winter clothes, more heating fuel or electricity to meet the cold, a snow plow, and higher rent because your dwelling must have stronger insulation.

Plenty of supporters of Adolf Hitler, Josef Stalin, and Saddam Hussein were loving parents who eschewed adultery, stayed sober, paid their bills on time even if such implied great hardship, and were meticulous workers who gave the extra effort to make sure that they did their jobs right and kept production counts up. One can be right on many things and wrong on politics.        

Quote:I'm an American who has spent years battling (Braak, buck buck buck) with mainly Liberal ideologues

As a liberal I am just as American as you!

Quote:and showing ideologues what Americans can (are free to) do and showing Americans what they can (are free to) say/do with ideologues and teaching/showing ideologues how small, irrelevant and relatively powerless they truly are compared to most Americans who live in American society today.

And what if the time runs out for the fad of accepting pure plutocracy -- mirror-image Marxism -- runs out? Where does that leave you? If your life gets messed up, perhaps due to a work-related injury having nothing to do with politics or a vehicular injury due to an encounter with "Danny Drunkey", then I expect to have enough decency to not deny you the safety net that you have earned.  

Quote: I know that you'll never admit it or accept me knowing it about you but most people can read and understand the difference between the limited views of an ideologue like yourself and others here and the broader and more inclusive views of an American citizen these days.

Obviously I am not Bob, and I cannot speak for him. I can speak for myself; there will be a time in which Americans may need to halt some radical reforms that do more harm than good or fall for some liberal nonsense of the past which reality has recently refuted (such as that crime is a consequence of poverty and familial neglect and not bad character such as sociopathy, psychopathy, or malignant narcissism). It should be obvious that even the worst ghettos hold some admirable people and that a scion of privilege like Donald Trump can be a monster. Sure, as a white person I would be scared to go to certain parts of Detroit because there are people who see any white person as prey because white people are not part of their community (think of seals among sharks)... but let us remember that if we look at Holocaust perpetrators we will find some people with maximal education or all the privilege that comes from being born into the old land-owning aristocracy. 

Donald Trump is a horrible person. If you do not know that by now you never will. Worse, when someone like him comes up the next time, probably with a bit more sophistication and political savvy, then you will be delighted and not appalled.

RE: The Partisan Divide on Issues - Eric the Green - 09-02-2020

No, you are a yapper.

The important things?

Owning an arsenal?

Saluting the flag and the national anthem?

Not having to pay reasonable taxes instead of getting off easy? Seeing others as loafers just because they need government assistance?

Keeping immigrants out?

The important things?

RE: The Partisan Divide on Issues - Eric the Green - 09-02-2020

(09-02-2020, 04:06 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(09-02-2020, 03:51 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:

No, you are a yapper.

I suggest that you do the same before you find yourself being cut out of the American loop altogether and find yourself being ruled by Liberal elites.

To be ruled by liberal elites would be to ruled by people who value fairness, democracy and equal opportunity for all. That's a lot better than your supposed American loop.

What amazes me is there are so many people online who live within your bubble. You are tools of the elites that value unfairness, authority and elitism.

RE: The Partisan Divide on Issues - Classic-Xer - 09-03-2020

(09-02-2020, 11:58 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: To be ruled by liberal elites would be to ruled by people who value fairness, democracy and equal opportunity for all. That's a lot better than your supposed American loop.

What amazes me is there are so many people online who live within your bubble. You are tools of the elites that value unfairness, authority and elitism.
You won't find many Americans who live in a bubble these days.

(09-02-2020, 08:08 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

No, you are a yapper.

The important things?

Owning an arsenal?

Not having to pay reasonable taxes instead of getting off easy? Seeing others as loafers just because they need government assistance?

Keeping immigrants out?

The important things?

I'd say owning a gun today with all that's going on and so many cities (government) refusing to uphold the law and defend property is even more important today.

I'd say the American flag and the national anthem are as if not more important today.

I'd say money to make ends meet and money to make lives better is more important than paying taxes to fund a bureaucratic establishment that doesn't want to do shit and a bunch of corrupt Democratic politicians that don't seem to know who they're supposed to working for these days.

I'd say keeping illegal immigrants out and rounding up the ones who are here is important as well.

RE: The Partisan Divide on Issues - Bob Butler 54 - 09-03-2020

(09-03-2020, 01:27 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: I'd say owning a gun today with all that's going on and so many cities (government) refusing to uphold the law and defend property is even more important today.

I'd say the American flag and the national anthem are as if not more important today.

I'd say money to make ends meet and money to make lives better is more important than paying taxes to fund a bureaucratic establishment that doesn't want to do shit and a bunch of corrupt Democratic politicians that don't seem to know who they're supposed to working for these days.

I can sympathize with the founding fathers and gun rights far more than most on the progressive side. Those that are defending themselves, their community and enforcing the law I can see. Those who are using weapons as a prop in a political process I am less fond of. Those who are murdering people I even less fond of. Those trying to up tension in places the tensions are too high I am less fond of. I just know that in a tourist area of the bluest of blue states Massachusetts, I don’t feel gun ownership is at all necessary. Red neighborhoods adjacent to the black inner cities, perhaps more so.

I saw a lot of the flog, the anthem and the pledge of allegiance the last few weeks at both conventions. Hadn’t seen much of them at other places lately, and haven’t missed them. Important? They were used by both parties to up their patriotism quotient. They were used as PR. They seemed quite empty as they were used by the party of narcissistic com men, racists, elites and felons as much as by the Democrats. They were used as much by the party trying to manipulate the vote as the progressives. They are not as important as the American values for which they should stand, both the Roundhead and Cavalier flavors. People who live in the red bubble and are not aware or caring about how well the values are actually practiced should care more about the values the flag, anthem and pledge stand for. Racism should not be one of those values. Unfortunately, racism was more important than helping the working poor during the recent unravelling Republican time.

For the last several decades, the politicians have worked to cut domestic spending. As a result in many areas we are well behind the norm among advanced technological cultures. I am not enthralled by those who made it happen. Both parties took ‘campaign finance contributions’ to make the jobs go overseas, and I have a grudge against both establishments with ties to the elites. Overall, setting a living minimum wage, strengthening labor laws, trying to bring a few jobs back would be nice, but that is not the unraveling way. The profits from automation should be going more to the workers than the division of wealth.

Just thought that a report from Earth One was due.

(09-03-2020, 12:59 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(09-02-2020, 11:58 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: To be ruled by liberal elites would be to ruled by people who value fairness, democracy and equal opportunity for all. That's a lot better than your supposed American loop.

Ha. Have you looked in a mirror lately?

(09-03-2020, 12:18 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 01:27 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: I'd say owning a gun today with all that's going on and so many cities (government) refusing to uphold the law and defend property is even more important today.

I can sympathize with the founding fathers and gun rights far more than most on the progressive side.  Those that are defending themselves, their community and enforcing the law I can see.  Those who are using weapons as a prop in a political process I am less fond of.  Those who are murdering people I even less fond of.  Those trying to up tension in places the tensions are too high I am less fond of.  I just know that in a tourist area of the bluest of blue states Massachusetts, I don’t feel gun ownership is at all necessary.  Red neighborhoods adjacent to the black inner cities, perhaps more so.

I saw a lot of the flog, the anthem and the pledge of allegiance the last few weeks at both conventions.  Hadn’t seen much of them at other places lately, and haven’t missed them.  Important?  They were used by both parties to up their patriotism quotient.  They were used as PR.  They seemed quite empty as they were used by the party of narcissistic com men, racists, elites and felons as much as by the Democrats.  They were used as much by the party trying to manipulate the vote as the progressives.  They are not as important as the American values for which they should stand, both the Roundhead and Cavalier flavors.  People who live in the red bubble and are not aware or caring about how well the values are actually practiced should care more about the values the flag, anthem and pledge stand for.  Racism should not be one of those values. Unfortunately, racism was more important than helping the working poor during the recent unravelling Republican time.

For the last several decades, the politicians have worked to cut domestic spending.  As a result in many areas we are well behind the norm among advanced technological cultures.  I am not enthralled by those who made it happen.  Both parties took ‘campaign finance contributions’ to make the jobs go overseas, and I have a grudge against both establishments with ties to the elites.  Overall, setting a living minimum wage, strengthening labor laws, trying to bring a few jobs back would be nice, but that is not the unraveling way.  The profits from automation should be going more to the workers than the division of wealth.

Just thought that a report from Earth One was due.
Evidently, race still matters more and racism is still a bigger concern and a major driving force on Earth 1 than Earth 2. I think Biden summed up the situation on Earth 1 pretty good when he told a black man that he would no longer be viewed as a black man if he supported the President of Earth 2 and basically loose entitlements and special protections related to his race if he were to side or be forced to pack up and move to Earth 2 where no racial identities or racial protections exist because Earth 2 is exclusively American these days. So, how much money are your political and economic elites paying, promising to pay violent groups like Antifa and Black Lives Matter to leave Cape Cod and Martha's Vineyard and Manhattan alone for now these days? Any idea? I see all kinds of foolish legislation that would either hamper, restrict and completely eliminate capabilities of law enforcement.

I'm going to ask you a question, do you believe that America wouldn't unite, adjust the rules (lower its standards enough and remove legal restrictions) for American society to be able to directly engage with all kinds of criminals and completely crush an old French or old Russian like revolt. Do you know how to tell the difference between a warped minded Liberal and an American believer who is a gun owner or a general or a cop or ex soldier or clerk or store owner or truck driver and so forth. If you do, you should pay more attention and become more familiar with American history and the values that the bulk of Americans still hold dear and will slaughter millions of left wingers to pass them on to the American generations of the next century. I hope the Democratic party is able to pay the bills for all the damage that we are seeing in America now and all the American business's that are being destroyed now and all the costs associated with their war with the people of the United States when this war is over?

RE: The Partisan Divide on Issues - Eric the Green - 09-03-2020

And I hope some people see through the obvious racial bias of folks like you Classic Xer who have no concern over the USA turning into a police state, especially in black neighborhoods, but focus all your concern on keeping the police trained for violence and permitted to commit crimes themselves, and on making false accusations about those who are NOT committing or paying for the crimes you are allegedly concerned about. If you don't want businesses damaged in some of these blue cities you claim to so love, then support keeping the police well-behaved.

(09-03-2020, 01:36 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: Evidently, race still matters more and racism is still a bigger concern and a major driving force on Earth 1 than Earth 2. I think Biden summed up the situation on Earth 1 pretty good when he told a black man that he would no longer be viewed as a black man if he supported the President of Earth 2 and basically loose entitlements and special protections related to his race if he were to side or be forced to pack up and move to Earth 2 where no racial identities or racial protections exist because Earth 2 is exclusively American these days. So, how much money are your political and economic elites paying, promising to pay violent groups like Antifa and Black Lives Matter to leave Cape Cod and Martha's Vineyard and Manhattan alone for now these days? Any idea? I see all kinds of foolish legislation that would either hamper, restrict and completely eliminate capabilities of law enforcement. I'm going to ask you a question, do you believe that America wouldn't unite, adjust the rules (lower its standards enough and remove legal protection) for American society to directly engage with criminals and completely crush an old French or old Russian like style revolt. If you do, you should pay more attention and become more familiar with American history and the values that the bulk of Americans still hold dear and will slaughter millions of left wingers to pass them on to the American generations of the next century. I hope the Democratic party is able to pay the bills for all the damage that we are seeing in America now and all the American business's that are being destroyed now and all the costs associated with their war with the people of the United States when this war is over?

There were protests in places like Boston and New York City. They just did not go as violent. The areas are too blue. I think there were too many people involved to bribe without the bribes being leaked to the press. Thus, it was more that there was no red rural area around. The racist violent police murdering folks and the Trump faction people stirring up violence are just found more out in the mid west and west, near the red rural areas. That is a far larger factor than any imaginary bribes that you make up. Bribes between elites and politicians? Sure. I believe that. There are a smaller number of people involved. Bribing a group like the Boogaloo Bois? Unlikely.

I am not worried about violent revolts as long as one major party is listening. If the government does not listen to the people, sure. I still have a feeling that the Chinese Communist Party and places like Belarus are going to lose it eventually, but don’t see it as immanent. The spirals of rhetoric and violence are there, but not escalating that strongly yet. In America, with one party listening to the people rather than trying to use violence to maintain the racist status quo, there is much more hope of a non violent solution.

The red violence in the rural areas? We will deal with it in time.

Again, Antifa has served it’s purpose. The were anti fascists, the natural opposition to the KKK and Neo Nazi. Once Black Lives Matter took off, Antifa’s mission was accomplished. The KKK and Neo Nazi went poof. I am aware that the motives of the Boogaloo Bois are being shifted in the red propaganda to Antifa. I am also aware that some people call the Boogaloo Bois a right wing group, though they are so far right to stand for entirely different ideals than either the red or blue factions. But really, they are frustrated by the racist violent police murders and lately by the Trump crowd. If the reds are looking for violence, the Bois will use them, the people be damned. Again, they should be well targeted by the good cops and renounced as Biden has done all violent groups.

On Earth One, one major problem is that some reds want to practice racism. There is an opposition to the racists, not a war like there is on Earth Two. Mind you, I am talking real racism. I am talking about people wanting to see power distributed more or less as the population indicates, not reserving powerful jobs to white males. Redefinition and double speak is not any sort of answer.

RE: The Partisan Divide on Issues - Eric the Green - 09-03-2020

(09-03-2020, 01:27 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:

No, you are a yapper.

The important things?

Owning an arsenal?

Keeping immigrants out?

The important things?

I'd say owning a gun today with all that's going on and so many cities (government) refusing to uphold the law and defend property is even more important today.

I'd say money to make ends meet and money to make lives better is more important than paying taxes to fund a bureaucratic establishment that doesn't want to do shit and a bunch of corrupt Democratic politicians that don't seem to know who they're supposed to (be) working for these days.

I'd say keeping illegal immigrants out and rounding up the ones who are here is important as well.

We on the blue side disagree with you about what are the important things. We think democracy, the environment, and equal opportunity for all are the important things. You think vigilantism, phony use of symbols, Reaganomics bullshit and xenophobia are the important things. I don't.

(09-03-2020, 12:19 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:

Ha.  Have you looked in a mirror lately?
I did earlier today. I saw a good looking middle aged white man who can relate to most American people who doesn't flip flop or live in a bubble and rely on an echo chamber for confidence and direction. How about you, what did you see the last time you looked in the mirror?

RE: The Partisan Divide on Issues - pbrower2a - 09-03-2020

You are in a bubble.

RE: The Partisan Divide on Issues - Classic-Xer - 09-04-2020

(09-03-2020, 02:59 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: We on the blue side disagree with you about what are the important things. We think democracy, the environment, and equal opportunity for all are the important things. You think vigilantism, phony use of symbols, Reaganomics bullshit and xenophobia are the important things. I don't.
If you valued democracy, you wouldn't be placing the integrity of it at risk by purchasing and trading for votes and supporting the aristocratic/plutocratic system that you have either. You'd be leaving the state like everyone else who can see the writing on the wall who know they've been removed/excluded from the political process and know they can't stop what they see coming by voting. You don't represent equal opportunity for all.  You represent equal outcomes for most, limited opportunity based on identity and belief and mainly race driven politics. America represents equal opportunity for all, freedom for all, blind justice and peace through strength vs weakness. Like I said, you better find a place to hide when America erupts and the majority want to see the Democrats punished. We're a couple months away from fate determining courses and history hasn't been kind to the groups on the wrong side of fate.

I think the American flag is important. I think the American way of life is important. I think the American Constitution is important. I think American jobs are important. I think American borders are important. I think American business is important. I think American law enforcement is important. I think the American Rule Of Law is important. Now, if you want to cling to an old tree that's past its prime and is going to die anyway because nothing that lives lives forever. Nature's cruel.

RE: The Partisan Divide on Issues - Classic-Xer - 09-04-2020

(09-03-2020, 11:53 PM)pbrower2a Wrote:

You are in a bubble.
You're right in a way. I'm in your bubble posting stuff mainly related to people outside your bubble.

RE: The Partisan Divide on Issues - pbrower2a - 09-04-2020

(09-03-2020, 01:27 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:

No, you are a yapper.

The important things?

Owning an arsenal?

Keeping immigrants out?

The important things?

You will need something to defend your gun because you cannot be with it all the time. A hint: this fellow

[Image: 200px-Rottweiler_kopf_2.jpg]

is just above us in the food chain. All that keeps him from being a man-eater is good behavior: yours and his. You might trust an animal built like a tiger or bear but that is ordinarily as docile as a lamb  with your children and even kittens. (He may treat the kittens as if they were puppies). But if someone threatens him, you, your spouse, her puppies (if I got the gender wrong), your children, or the kitty-cats, then he (she if I got the gender wrong) -- then that person is meat. Or at least he can create that impression. A man's home is his castle and his dog's jungle. Stuck with an angry dog in an enclosed area?

I have gotten hospital treatment for an inadvertent dog scratch. I watch dog paws closely. 

There is not much worth a severe mauling by this super-predator. Not the cash lying around. Not your coin collection. Not a signed Ted Williams rookie card. Not your wife's jewelry. Not even the violin that you play in the symphony orchestra. Certainly not your gun. After all, a crook might not get to sell the loot before he gets treated in the prison ward of the county hospital. 

Oh, so one kills the dog during the burglary? That adds a cruelty-to-animals charge, and that may be enforced consecutively with other charges. It's just not worth it.    

Should America go fascist I might prefer this flag and this national anthem:

No concentration camps, torture chambers, or shooting pits for me.

Oh... maybe you expected North Korea!

...You may not like bureaucrats, but they are one cost of civilization. Bureaucracy is an alternative to despotism... it may be what ensures that nobody steals public funds. 

I have a modest proposal, perhaps a modification of one that Jonathan Swift offered. You let illegal aliens stay in the country if they show that they are competent parents (well, that is the origin of good citizenship, is it not?) on terms that they take in and raise the children of meth fiends. The kids would grow up in a sanitary culture, and they would get the benefit of learning two languages. Spanish is highly useful. Mexican-American culture is richer than what meth fiends can offer. The kids will not grow up seeing Mommy and Daddy taken away by the 'blue meanies" for their 'chemical experiments' and 'business dealings'. 

Well, what about it?