Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory
I VOTE YES ON CALEXIT! - Printable Version

+- Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory (http://generational-theory.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Fourth Turning Forums (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Current Events (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-34.html)
+---- Forum: General Political Discussion (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-15.html)
+---- Thread: I VOTE YES ON CALEXIT! (/thread-548.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: I VOTE YES ON CALEXIT! - SomeGuy - 02-08-2017

You really think the Left Coast would go* and Hawaii would stay?  Rolleyes

*Still unconstitutional, unlikely to happen, and likely to a debacle if it were ever attempted.

RE: I VOTE YES ON CALEXIT! - Marypoza - 02-08-2017

(02-08-2017, 03:21 PM)The Wonkette Wrote:
(02-07-2017, 01:52 PM)Marypoza Wrote:
(02-06-2017, 10:19 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(02-06-2017, 12:21 PM)tg63 Wrote:
(02-02-2017, 01:49 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: Well in the case of OR and WA they would simply revert to (British) Columbia. Since there would no longer be a need to distinguish the part of the former Columbia Territory north of 49N, the whole province could just be called Columbia. Realistically, though, since the most populated province is Ontario, and even so, is less populated than any one of the  three states, we'd have to subdivide the west coast into several new provinces in order to maintain order.

umm, we have a few more folks in Ontario than Washington & Oregon ... combined ...

Ontario: 13.6M
Washington: 7.17
Oregon: 4.03

but hey, we're super polite up here, however y'all want to split things up would be okay with us. Smile

Can we do a "The Art of The Deal" thingie? Let's trade [CA,OR,WA] for Alberta,Northwest Territories, and Yukon. I don't think Alberta wants its oil sand operation shutdown, and lots of mining in Yukon/Northwest Territories.  I know for sure California and mining don't play nice.

Mine Details
Commodity:  Gold
Terms:  For Lease, For Sale, Joint Venture, Lease Purchase Option, Negotiable
Price:  $495,000. USD

Contact Seller

[Image: Minneapolis-Creek-Gold-For-Sale-3-wpcf_250x212.png]

Northwest territories sample:

earthshots.usgs.gov/earthshots/node/63#ad-image-0

So, essentially, here's the idea of a swap.

US gets minerals while Canada gets high tech/Hollywood crapolla.  Yes, the high tech stuff is valuable, but think of it as an inducement for the US to chuck off Hollywood.  We don't want those self righteous wahoo primadonas  anymore.  Please, please take 'em away.
! Big Grin

-- it would make the United States contiguous
Nope.  There is still Hawaii.  Wink

-- l meant the continental United States. You know AK & the lower 48

RE: I VOTE YES ON CALEXIT! - Eric the Green - 02-09-2017

(02-08-2017, 06:01 PM)SomeGuy Wrote: You really think the Left Coast would go* and Hawaii would stay?  Rolleyes

*Still unconstitutional, unlikely to happen, and likely to a debacle if it were ever attempted.

Probably so. But if the red-state, right-wing "guns, religion and no-taxes" mindset has taken over, destroying everything valuable in our country, and our government has become a dictatorship of the proletrumpiat, then something drastic has to happen.

If our election system is still somewhat intact by 2020, then as an alternative to Calexit, we're going to need thousands and thousands and thousands of us converging on the swing states, especially the Rust Belt, to talk to voters in person and in every possible way in every presidential and midterm election during this 4T and literally swarm and flood them with an avalanche of truth. It will have to be a bleepin crusade.

And lots and lots and lots of lawyers bleepin soon, trying to keep our voting rights and dissolve gerrymandering and whatever else needs to be done.

RE: I VOTE YES ON CALEXIT! - SomeGuy - 02-09-2017

(02-09-2017, 02:26 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(02-08-2017, 06:01 PM)SomeGuy Wrote: You really think the Left Coast would go* and Hawaii would stay?  Rolleyes

Probably so. But if the red-state, right-wing "guns, religion and no-taxes" mindset has taken over, destroying everything valuable in our country, and our government has become a dictatorship of the proletrumpiat, then something drastic has to happen.

Just know that the Colorado River ain't coming with you, and that unlike Texas, California doesn't have an independent electrical grid.

(02-09-2017, 02:30 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: If our election system is still somewhat intact by 2020, then as an alternative to Calexit, we're going to need thousands and thousands and thousands of us converging on the swing states, especially the Rust Belt, to talk to voters in person and in every possible way in every presidential and midterm election during this 4T and literally swarm and flood them with an avalanche of truth. It will have to be a bleepin crusade.

I'm sure that would go over about as well as the original one(s).  Wink

(02-09-2017, 02:32 PM)SomeGuy Wrote:
(02-09-2017, 02:30 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: If our election system is still somewhat intact by 2020, then as an alternative to Calexit, we're going to need thousands and thousands and thousands of us converging on the swing states, especially the Rust Belt, to talk to voters in person and in every possible way in every presidential and midterm election during this 4T and literally swarm and flood them with an avalanche of truth. It will have to be a bleepin crusade.

I'm sure that would go over about as well as the original one(s).  Wink

Hey, it worked for your side. It might end up as the two opposing crusades on the same turf. But that would be better than a civil war. May the best crusade win.

Yup. I think your side is in serious, serious need of redemption. You have fallen into the deepest sin. We need some bleepin preachers! Who can match yours!!!

(02-09-2017, 02:31 PM)SomeGuy Wrote:
(02-09-2017, 02:26 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:

Just know that the Colorado River ain't coming with you, and that unlike Texas, California doesn't have an independent electrical grid.

That is the least of my worries. We've got plenty of sunshine.

And by the way, that river now flows mostly through blue hispanic states now. And you may not even keep AZ that much longer.

Quote:Hey, it worked for your side.

My side?  Worked?  Do explain.

Quote:It might end up as the two opposing crusades on the same turf. But that would be better than a civil war. May the best crusade win.

Sounds an awful lot like a civil war.  Unsure of the distinction you're drawing here between a crusade, a civil war, and politics as usual.

Quote:Yup. I think your side is in serious, serious need of redemption. You have fallen in the deepest sin. We need some bleepin preachers! Who can match yours!!!

I have preachers?  Huh

I dunno, Eric, you guys tried the snark offensive recently, it didn't really pan out.  I'm not sure doing the exact same thing except louder and more pushy is going to take you where you want to go.

Quote:That is the least of my worries. We've got plenty of sunshine.

Oh, Eric, it's truly funny how little you know of the energy industry and yet how insistent you are of your positions on it anyways.

Quote:And by the way, that river now flows mostly through blue hispanic states now. And you may not even keep AZ that much longer.

Are they coming with you?  Is that on the ballot, too?

I'm not sure you'd like living in Greater Mexico.  If you're lucky, you'll never have to find out.

(02-09-2017, 02:47 PM)SomeGuy Wrote:
Quote:Hey, it worked for your side.

My side?  Worked?  Do explain.

Year and years of creepy old tea party codgers screaming in our faces, with Rush and Shawn shouting at us, shutting our government down and now your guy is in there seeking to destroy everything; yup, your side did well with those tactics. Now it's our turn.

Quote:
Quote:It might end up as the two opposing crusades on the same turf. But that would be better than a civil war. May the best crusade win.

Sounds an awful lot like a civil war.  Unsure of the distinction you're drawing here between a crusade, a civil war, and politics as usual.
Talking and shouting is still not a war. And politics as usual? Give me a break. We are fucking polarized between the side that wants to tear everything down and the side that wants to create a nation of peace and justice for all. This is a 4T; the curse it is cast, the line it is drawn. The order is rapidly fading, and the first one now will later be last! For the times they are a changin'

Quote:
Quote:Yup. I think your side is in serious, serious need of redemption. You have fallen in the deepest sin. We need some bleepin preachers! Who can match yours!!!

I have preachers?  Huh

I dunno, Eric, you guys tried the snark offensive recently, it didn't really pan out.  I'm not sure doing the exact same thing except louder and more pushy is going to take you where you want to go.

Your preachers. Your side is the religious right; you've got lots of loud, ugly preachers. And stupid radio talk showers. We need to trot ours out. We're going to get louder and pushier. And some of us know how to communicate too! It will be a communication offensive, even a love offensive...

Quote:
Quote:That is the least of my worries. We've got plenty of sunshine.

Oh, Eric, it's truly funny how little you know of the energy industry and yet how insistent you are of your positions on it anyways.

How much I know, demonstrated here over and over again without any doubt, and obviously more than you know, and how insistent, yes. There's no use arguing anymore. You can have your red state coal and oil and allow pollution of our air and water. That's your side's solution. We have a better way, and we're going for it. If you try to stop us, we'll exit or crusade it.

And by the way, we're keeping our mileage standards on your cars. You'll have to follow us on that, CA is too big a market to ignore.

Quote:
Quote:And by the way, that river now flows mostly through blue hispanic states now. And you may not even keep AZ that much longer.

Are they coming with you?  Is that on the ballot, too?

I'm not sure you'd like living in Greater Mexico.  If you're lucky, you'll never have to find out.

I won't need to. The hispanic western states will either vote with us, as they nearly did with one exception already, or leave with us. We don't have to join Mexico; who said so? We've got a bloc of states from Washington to CA and HI and NV and NM and CO, and soon maybe AZ too.

Guess what? I already live in a virtual greater Mexico. Do you know who lives in CA? I have to adjust and get along, and I speak some Spanish. Not a problem. It's you guys, and your GUY, who has created a problem that does not exist. Just one of his dead horses he rode into the big White House.

Listen to this stark raving mad fool, who fooled the people.

Republicans. They're not sending their best. They're bringing greed, they're bringing hate, they're liars; and some, I assume, are good people.....

Quote:Year and years of creepy old tea party codgers screaming in our faces, with Rush and Shawn shouting at us, shutting our government down and now your guy is in there seeking to destroy everything; yup, your side did well with those tactics. Now it's our turn.

Oh, you meant Republicans in general.  Well, have fun tearing into that strawman, Eric.  I'm sure he had it coming.  Rolleyes

Quote:Talking and shouting is still not a war. And politics as usual? Give me a break.

So yeah, present politics as usual.  Ok.

Lemme know when you actually bother to leave your state and put this grand crusade into action.

Quote:We are fucking polarized between the side that wants to tear everything down and the side that wants to create a nation of peace and justice for all.

Oh, are those the options we are fighting over?  I had been wondering.  Rolleyes

Quote:Your preachers. Your side is the religious right; you've got lots of loud, ugly preachers. We need to trot ours out. We're going to get louder and pushier.

Make sure you get all the celebrities to weigh in.  I'm sure THAT will tip the scales, this time.

Quote:How much I know, demonstrated here over and over again without any doubt, and how insistent, yes. There's no use arguing anymore. You can have your red state coal and oil and allow pollution of our air and water. That's your side's solution. We have a better way, and we're going for it. If you try to stop us, we'll exit or crusade it.

That's nice, Eric.  Of course you will.  I just hope for your sake that if this Calexit thing actually goes through that they have somebody else doing the planning.

Quote:I won't need to. The hispanic western states will either vote with us, as they nearly did with one exception already, or leave with us. We don't have to join Mexico; who said so? We've got a bloc of states from Washington to CA and HI and NV and NM and CO, and soon maybe AZ too.

Yup, I'm sure those "hispanics" will all be thrilled as punch to continue picking your strawberries, mowing your lawn, and otherwise gracefully following your political and cultural lead, ad infinitumRolleyes

Sounds like a beautiful new world you're building, Eric.  Nothing but sunshine and rainbows from here on out.  Tongue

(02-09-2017, 03:10 PM)SomeGuy Wrote:
Quote:Year and years of creepy old tea party codgers screaming in our faces, with Rush and Shawn shouting at us, shutting our government down and now your guy is in there seeking to destroy everything; yup, your side did well with those tactics. Now it's our turn.

Oh, you meant Republicans in general.  Well, have fun tearing into that strawman, Eric.  I'm sure he had it coming.  Rolleyes

You mean that "strawman" who owns 52 senators, 230 congressmen, and a demented White House, 33 statehouses; you mean THAT strawman? The one that is pursuing every policy designed specifically to destroy everything of value in the USA? That strawman? Well, at least we know he's not the one in the Wizard of Oz, because he has no brain, and there's no wizard to give him one.

Quote:
Quote:Talking and shouting is still not a war. And politics as usual? Give me a break.

So yeah, present politics as usual.  Ok.

Lemme know when you actually bother to leave your state and put this grand crusade into action.

Politics as usual. That's funny. 40 years of blocking all progress, and who is talking about politics as usual? Again, whenever anyone says the Democrats should get new ideas, they have absolutely nothing new to suggest. And it's not going to be just me, so when I actually bother to go doesn't matter, and no, I won't tell you where I'm going Tongue Just wait for me to appear on your doorstep....

Quote:
Quote:We are fucking polarized between the side that wants to tear everything down and the side that wants to create a nation of peace and justice for all.

Oh, are those the options we are fighting over?  I had been wondering.  Rolleyes

If you had really been wondering, you'd know what is happening by now. You clearly don't. That's OK; don't worry. I'm here to straighten you out and give you the scoop. So pay attention, dude.

Quote:
Quote:Your preachers. Your side is the religious right; you've got lots of loud, ugly preachers. We need to trot ours out. We're going to get louder and pushier.

Make sure you get all the celebrities to weigh in.  I'm sure THAT will tip the scales, this time.

It's got to work sooner or later. Celebrities, and whoever else we got. Just lots of talented folks who know how to communicate. Remember, this is California. We know all about that. Or do you even know what's been going on here for 50+ years?

Quote:How much I know, demonstrated here over and over again without any doubt, and how insistent, yes. There's no use arguing anymore. You can have your red state coal and oil and allow pollution of our air and water. That's your side's solution. We have a better way, and we're going for it. If you try to stop us, we'll exit or crusade it.

Quote:That's nice, Eric.  Of course you will.  I just hope for your sake that if this Calexit thing actually goes through that they have somebody else doing the planning.

Don't worry, we have the best planners and engineers in the world, right here in my backyard. Or haven't you heard that either?

(I mean, boy, if you don't know that one, you really need an ear transplant.....)

Quote:
Quote:I won't need to. The hispanic western states will either vote with us, as they nearly did with one exception already, or leave with us. We don't have to join Mexico; who said so? We've got a bloc of states from Washington to CA and HI and NV and NM and CO, and soon maybe AZ too.

Yup, I'm sure those "hispanics" will all be thrilled as punch to continue picking your strawberries, mowing your lawn, and otherwise gracefully following your political and cultural lead, ad infinitumRolleyes

Sounds like a beautiful new world you're building, Eric.  Nothing but sunshine and rainbows from here on out.  Tongue

Where's that Lesley Gore song?

Take that magic bus to CA!

Your view of hispanics is real funny. Maybe you could be Drump's speechwriter. He'd love your xenophobic stereotypes. Just being polite here.....

Quote:You mean that "strawman" who owns 52 senators, 230 congressmen, and demented White House, 33 statehouses; you mean THAT strawman? The one that is pursuing every policy designed specifically to destroy everything of value in the USA/ That strawman? We;;, at least we know he's not the one in the Wizard of Oz, because he has no brain, and there's no wizard to give him one.

The Wizard never had the power to give him a brain either.  Just bran, pins, and needles.

Clearly, you did not do the reading.

Quote:Politics as usual. That's funny. 40 years of blocking all progress, and who is talking about politics as usual? Again, whenever anyone says the Democrats should get new ideas, they have absolutely nothing new to suggest. And it's not going to be just me, so when I actually bother to go doesn't matter, and no, I won't tell you where I'm going [Image: tongue.png] Just wait for me to appear on your doorstep....

The last 40 years?  Like I said, politics as usual.

Quote:If you had really been wondering, you'd know what is happening by now. You clearly don't. That's OK; don't worry. I'm here to straighten you out and give you the scoop. So pay attention, dude.

I dunno, this sounds like a "deceptive idea" to me.  Or is it just a delusion... 

Huh

Quote:It's got to work sooner or later. Celebrities, and whoever else we got. Just lots of talented folks who know how to communicate. Remember, this is California. We know all about that. Or do you even know what's been going on here for 50+ years?

Oh sure, it's GOT TO.  Glad to hear you're going to keep doing the same old things, expecting new results.

Quote:Don't worry, we have the best planners and engineers in the world, right here in my backyard. Or haven't you heard that either?

I question their planning skills, if they've ended up in your backyard. Wink

Quote:Your view of hispanics is real funny. Maybe you could be Drump's speechwriter. He'd love your xenophobic stereotypes. Just being polite here.....

What?  You were the one complaining about their "junky" culture and music.  I'm just pointing out that they are actually people and not simply vote-count padding.

The video looks about right.  Lemme know how it works out for ya!  Smile

(02-09-2017, 03:56 PM)SomeGuy Wrote:
Quote:You mean that "strawman" who owns 52 senators, 230 congressmen, and demented White House, 33 statehouses; you mean THAT strawman? The one that is pursuing every policy designed specifically to destroy everything of value in the USA/ That strawman? We;;, at least we know he's not the one in the Wizard of Oz, because he has no brain, and there's no wizard to give him one.

The Wizard never had the power to give him a brain either.  Just bran, pins, and needles.

Clearly, you did not do the reading.

And clearly, you don't know what the word "strawman" refers to if you think our concern over Republican power is a "strawman."

Quote:
Quote:Politics as usual. That's funny. 40 years of blocking all progress, and who is talking about politics as usual? Again, whenever anyone says the Democrats should get new ideas, they have absolutely nothing new to suggest. And it's not going to be just me, so when I actually bother to go doesn't matter, and no, I won't tell you where I'm going [Image: tongue.png] Just wait for me to appear on your doorstep....

The last 40 years?  Like I said, politics as usual.

Which your side has imposed upon us, yes.

Quote:
Quote:It's got to work sooner or later. Celebrities, and whoever else we got. Just lots of talented folks who know how to communicate. Remember, this is California. We know all about that. Or do you even know what's been going on here for 50+ years?

Oh sure, it's GOT TO.  Glad to hear you're going to keep doing the same old things, expecting new results.

California has been the place where new ideas and human potential are generated for many decades now. I don't think we're the ones with the problem of communication. Maybe if we can just mobilize our resources, we can get through. Otherwise, Calexit will be the solution if not enough of your people can listen and hear the truth instead of the Republican lies.

Quote:
Quote:Don't worry, we have the best planners and engineers in the world, right here in my backyard. Or haven't you heard that either?

I question their planning skills, if they've ended up in your backyard. Wink

My goodness, care to take a tour? I assume you know where I live. Am I wrong bout that?

lol lol

Quote:
Quote:Your view of hispanics is real funny. Maybe you could be Drump's speechwriter. He'd love your xenophobic stereotypes. Just being polite here.....

What?  You were the one complaining about their "junky" culture and music.  I'm just pointing out that they are actually people and not simply vote-count padding.

The video looks about right.  Lemme know how it works out for ya!  Smile

People who don't fit your stereotype. I don't worry about them; you do, and you don't have as many of them as we do.

Yup, we already know. California works out pretty well. It's the red states that have problems. It's their philosophy of "less government" and more hate that doesn't work out well.

Quote:And clearly, you don't know what the word "strawman" refers to if you think our concern over Republican power is a "strawman."

You should probably reread the initial statement mentioning that poor strawman.  Once again, reading comprehension has failed you (or rather, you it).

Quote:Which your side has imposed upon us, yes.

*rubs hands*

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Quote:California has been the place where new ideas and human potential are generated for many decades now. I don't think we're the ones with the problem of communication. Maybe if we can just mobilize our resources, we can get through. Otherwise, Calexit will be the solution if not enough of your people can listen and hear the truth instead of the Republican lies.

You should definitely include all of that in your pitch, whilst on your crusade.
Quote:My goodness, care to take a tour? I assume you know where I live. Am I wrong bout that?

I mean, it's still your backyard.  They're apparently the best "planners" and engineers in the world, you couldn't even offer them a futon?
Quote:People who don't fit your stereotype. I don't worry about them; you do, and you don't have as many of them as we do.

What stereotype?  Being people?  I disagree, I think they fit that one very well.
Quote:Yup, we already know. California works out pretty well. It's the red states that have problems. It's their philosophy of "less government" and more hate that doesn't work out well.

Best of luck with your Calexit, then.  I am sure it will go great. Wink

(02-09-2017, 03:47 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote:

And lots and lots and lots of lawyers bleepin soon, trying to keep our voting rights and dissolve gerrymandering and whatever else needs to be done.

Send lawyers, guns and money?

What I'm hoping for is a bunch of Blue Boomers becoming equity bandits upon retirement, and doing relos to Purple States.

The Blue States have excess Leftists. When there are so many excess Leftists, they get bored with normal Leftist stuff and start to use their one party domination to take the Nanny State to its extreme.

This would be a win win. It would help get some of the worst of the Nannybots off my back, and, would help mitigate the Loony faux "Right" tendencies of the Great Flyover.

No no, just a trip, not a relocation. Lots of Nannies still on your back Smile

(02-09-2017, 04:13 PM)SomeGuy Wrote:
Quote:And clearly, you don't know what the word "strawman" refers to if you think our concern over Republican power is a "strawman."

You should probably reread the initial statement mentioning that poor strawman.  Once again, reading comprehension has failed you (or rather, you it).

Quote:Which your side has imposed upon us, yes.

*rubs hands*

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Quote:California has been the place where new ideas and human potential are generated for many decades now. I don't think we're the ones with the problem of communication. Maybe if we can just mobilize our resources, we can get through. Otherwise, Calexit will be the solution if not enough of your people can listen and hear the truth instead of the Republican lies.

You should definitely include all of that in your pitch, whilst on your crusade.
Quote:My goodness, care to take a tour? I assume you know where I live. Am I wrong bout that?

I mean, it's still your backyard.  They're apparently the best "planners" and engineers in the world, you couldn't even offer them a futon?
Quote:People who don't fit your stereotype. I don't worry about them; you do, and you don't have as many of them as we do.

What stereotype?  Being people?  I disagree, I think they fit that one very well.
Quote:Yup, we already know. California works out pretty well. It's the red states that have problems. It's their philosophy of "less government" and more hate that doesn't work out well.

Best of luck with your Calexit, then.  I am sure it will go great. Wink

The Republican takeover of America is, unfortunately real, not a "strawman." And I understand perfectly that it's a disaster for America.

With the best planners and engineers in my backyard, they don't need a futon; they just need to continue their work so we won't need any of your coal and oil crap.

"Yup, I'm sure those "hispanics" will all be thrilled as punch to continue picking your strawberries, mowing your lawn, and otherwise gracefully following your political and cultural lead, ad infinitum." Your stereotype. I think you said more than that they are "people."

Best of luck with us too, if our crusade fails. Do you think Trump and the red states will let us go, or fight to keep us?

RE: I VOTE YES ON CALEXIT! - Ragnarök_62 - 02-09-2017

(02-09-2017, 03:43 PM)Eric the Gree Wrote: It's got to work sooner or later. Celebrities, and whoever else we got. Just lots of talented folks who know how to communicate. Remember, this is California. We know all about that. Or do you even know what's been going on here for 50+ years?
Uh, no.  Just look at this flock of self righteous preening peacocks and peahens!

1. Do folks actually watch this shit on TeeVee?
2. Just look at that fat fuck who want to punch folks in the face.  I bet high school boys could waste his sorry ass.
3. Yes, please do TAKE FREAKS, ILLEGALS, WHATEVERS, INTO YOUR OWN FUCKING MANSIONS! Tongue 
4. I don't even know who these "celebrities" really are. I just don't give a rat's ass.
5. Obviously I haven't missed a thing since pulling the cord.

Quote:The Republican takeover of America is, unfortunately real, not a "strawman." And I understand perfectly that it's a disaster for America.

Again, you should probably read the original statement again.

Quote:With the best planners and engineers in my backyard, they don't need a futon; they just need to continue their work so we won't need any of your coal and oil crap.

Poor planners and engineers.  All those years of schooling and hard work, and where have they ended up?  Squatting in some aging hippy's backyard, without even a futon to lie in.  Sad

Quote:"Yup, I'm sure those "hispanics" will all be thrilled as punch to continue picking your strawberries, mowing your lawn, and otherwise gracefully following your political and cultural lead, ad infinitum." Your stereotype. I think you said more than that they are "people."

Do you know how to read?  Are you familiar with sarcasm?

Quote:Best of luck with us too, if our crusade fails. Do you think Trump and the red states will let us go, or fight to keep us?

I dunno, only one way to find out.

(02-09-2017, 05:09 PM)SomeGuy Wrote:
Quote:The Republican takeover of America is, unfortunately real, not a "strawman." And I understand perfectly that it's a disaster for America.

Again, you should probably read the original statement again.

Again, I read nothing there except that you consider "Republicans in general" to be a strawman.

Quote:
Quote:With the best planners and engineers in my backyard, they don't need a futon; they just need to continue their work so we won't need any of your coal and oil crap.

Poor planners and engineers.  All those years of schooling and hard work, and where have they ended up?  Squatting in some aging hippy's backyard, without even a futon to lie in.  Sad

"My backyard;" you take that image literally, but expect me to take an ethnic stereotype as mere sarcasm. Think again.