Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I VOTE YES ON CALEXIT!
Breaking from Newsmax.com
#Calexit: Trump's Victory Renews Push for California to Leave US
A new push for California to exit the United States has arisen in the wake of Donald Trump winning the presidency. "Yes California," a campaign that aims to put a referendum on the 2019 ballot for the Golden State to leave the U.S., leads the charge.

[Image: 11-10-16%20Cali%20Geo%20Tweet%201.jpg]
CNN reported that 61 percent of the state’s voters supported Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton, and the state’s electoral college votes went to her.

"As the sixth largest economy in the world, California is more economically powerful than France and has a population larger than Poland. Point-by-point, California compares with countries, not just the 49 other states," read the campaign’s site.

While the "Yes" campaign has been considered a fringe movement, supporters of leaving the union took to Twitter after Trump won, using the hashtag #Calexit, a reference to the Brexit movement in Britain to leave the European Union.

The New York Daily News reported that one Twitter user issued a proposal in graphic form:

[Image: 11-10-16%20Cali%20Geo%20Tweet%202.jpg]
While not calling for the state to leave the union, two Democratic legislators in the state, Senate president Kevin de Leon and assembly speaker Anthony Rendon, issued a statement about the election results:
"We woke up feeling like strangers in a foreign land, because yesterday Americans expressed their views on a pluralistic and democratic society that are clearly inconsistent with the values of the people of California."
© 2016 Newsmax. All rights reserved.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
To totally be that guy. If California wants to leave, go, go and don't let the door hit you in the back side on the way out. Btw here's CA's portion of the National Debt too.
It really is all mathematics.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.
(11-10-2016, 06:54 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Breaking from Newsmax.com
A new push for California to exit the United States has arisen in the wake of Donald Trump winning the presidency. "Yes California," a campaign that aims to put a referendum on the 2019 ballot for the Golden State to leave the U.S., leads the charge.

I think we should give y'all back to Mexico as a token of good will.  I'd love to chuck Suckerburg,
Here are some others.
http://www.strategictechinvestor.com/201...join-them/
---Value Added Cool
(11-10-2016, 06:59 PM)Kinser79 Wrote: To totally be that guy.  If California wants to leave, go, go and don't let the door hit you in the back side on the way out.  Btw here's CA's portion of the National Debt too.

One of the biggest benefits of Calexit would be leaving behind the morons that think central govt debt is anything more than a number - the monetarily ignorant.
Strange, I remember in November of 2012, a whole lot of petitions by Southern states to leave or Exit were bandied about. Then it was called traitorous, whiny, sour grapes, and a whole lot of other unflattering things usually ending in the suffix "ist".

So how come all of a sudden, it is now *ok* for California to want to do it for much the same reasons. Obama certainly didn't jive with most southerners or our values. But now it's ok?

seems like that lovely double standard the liberals have is rearing it's ugly head again.

If it is Treason for the South, it's Treason for ya'll.

Remember your arguments quoting Lincoln? Or how about Obama? "elections have consequences" and his speech on Wednesday about working together with our new President Trump.
(11-10-2016, 07:25 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:

I think we should give y'all back to Mexico as a token of good will.  I'd love to chuck Suckerburg,
Here are some others.

So Rags, where do you suppose California secessionists will be getting their water from? As I know you are fond of investment in resources, could you please provide Eric with an estimate (in Calidollars) what it will cost him to fill his greatest basic need? Big Grin

* Fuck! America is such an endless source of entertainment for me. The knee-jerk reactions are priceless. 370 million mental infants whose only sense of the world around them is putting an object in their mouth (be it a lego or a dog turd).
The single despot stands out in the face of all men, and says: I am the State: My will is law: I am your master: I take the responsibility of my acts: The only arbiter I acknowledge is the sword: If any one denies my right, let him try conclusions with me. -- Lysander Spooner
actually I am amused, it opens all sorts of possibilities. The blood of Confederate veterans runs deep in my veins, and as a proud Southerner, it intrigues me greatly.

Because here's the kicker, if you all can manage it, why can't the Confederacy rise from the ashes and shine bright like a beacon in the south again?

See how this works?

California can get it's way, the South can once again be the CSA, the northeast can be the USA and whatever wants to go, can join whichever of the 3 it prefers.

this has real possibilities.

By all means California, lead on. Resurrect the CSA, I have to see this.
(11-10-2016, 08:11 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote:
(11-10-2016, 08:08 PM)Copperfield Wrote:

Here are some others.

So Rags, where do you suppose California secessionists will be getting their water from? As I know you are fond of investment in resources, could you please provide Eric with an estimate (in Calidollars) what it will cost him to fill his greatest basic need? Big Grin

* Fuck! America is such an endless source of entertainment for me. The knee-jerk reactions are priceless. 370 million mental infants whose only sense of the world around them is putting an object in their mouth (be it a lego or a dog turd).

I'd say electricity supply is a big issue.
http://www.world-nuclear.org/information...icity.aspx
Wind energy supply map
http://windeis.anl.gov/guide/maps/map2.html
http://www.nrel.gov/gis/images/eere_csp/...012-01.jpg

I guess California ought to get a shitpot of solar or nuclear plants built so it won't have to import it.
Though...   Rags wouldn't mind selling Oklahoma's extra wind derived electricity under some sort of Enrob plan. Big Grin

Quote:We're largely self sufficient with water. All but one source is completely within the state line.

Whadda about climate change and the drought?

[Image: 48d8e463c6f7dbb8e9facc67ee45567f.png?itok=zTolCzKX]

Quote:The water from the Colorado would however be an interesting case. But not unknown. There are other cases of rivers forming national borders, where both countries draw.

I think some sort of agreement with Mexico could be arranged to give y'all a bit more water. Y'all may need some desal plants or Rags can provide some Oklahoma water for a fee.
---Value Added Cool
(11-10-2016, 08:43 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:

Here are some others.

Wind energy supply map

I guess California ought to get a shitpot of solar or nuclear plants built so it won't have to import it.
Though...   Rags wouldn't mind selling Oklahoma's extra wind derived electricity under some sort of Enrob plan. Big Grin

Quote:We're largely self sufficient with water. All but one source is completely within the state line.

Quote:The water from the Colorado would however be an interesting case. But not unknown. There are other cases of rivers forming national borders, where both countries draw.

I think some sort of agreement with Mexico could be arranged to give y'all a bit more water. Y'all may need some desal plants or Rags can provide some Oklahoma water for a fee.

Yeah those natural resources can be a real bitch can't they. I wouldn't give away your water for free though Rags. Surely they must have something of value to trade other than population. They do have some timber and mineral resources but those aren't exactly exclusive to California...
The single despot stands out in the face of all men, and says: I am the State: My will is law: I am your master: I take the responsibility of my acts: The only arbiter I acknowledge is the sword: If any one denies my right, let him try conclusions with me. -- Lysander Spooner
(11-10-2016, 08:05 PM)Danilynn Wrote: Strange, I remember in November of 2012, a whole lot of petitions by Southern states to leave or Exit were bandied about. Then it was called traitorous, whiny, sour grapes, and a whole lot of other unflattering things usually ending in the suffix "ist".

So how come all of a sudden, it is now *ok* for California to want to do it for much the same reasons. Obama certainly didn't jive with most southerners or our values. But now it's ok?

seems like that lovely double standard the liberals have is rearing it's ugly head again.

Remember your arguments quoting Lincoln? Or how about Obama? "elections have consequences" and his speech on Wednesday about working together with our new President Trump.

If you go back to those threads, you'll find that several of us thought it would be a great idea; - don't let the screen door slap you on your back on the way out.

In Lincoln's day, he got you all to stop slavery so it was more than worth it, but there really isn't much appealing to be associated with you all today.

We know why you cling on to us; even you all are not stupid enough to get off the gravy train of Blue state dynamism.
(11-10-2016, 09:03 PM)playwrite Wrote:
(11-10-2016, 08:05 PM)Danilynn Wrote: Strange, I remember in November of 2012, a whole lot of petitions by Southern states to leave or Exit were bandied about. Then it was called traitorous, whiny, sour grapes, and a whole lot of other unflattering things usually ending in the suffix "ist".

If you go back to those threads, you'll find that several of us thought it would be a great idea; - don't let the screen door slap you on your back on the way out.

In Lincoln's day, he got you all to stop slavery so it was more than worth it, but there really isn't much appealing to be associated with you all today.

We know why you cling on to us; even you all are not stupid enough to get off the gravy train of Blue state dynamism.
feeling is mutual.

unfortunately we are stuck just like cali.

it's called suck it up and deal with it like we have since 1865.
(11-10-2016, 07:55 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote:
(11-10-2016, 07:39 PM)playwrite Wrote:
(11-10-2016, 06:59 PM)Kinser79 Wrote: To totally be that guy.  If California wants to leave, go, go and don't let the door hit you in the back side on the way out.  Btw here's CA's portion of the National Debt too.

One of the biggest benefits of Calexit would be leaving behind the morons that think central govt debt is anything more than a number - the monetarily ignorant.

We can buiild our own ICBMs and aircraft. Both design and build already in place for those. Same for nuclear warhead pits. Subs and ships would initially be an issue, our yards shut down years ago. But as proven in the past by Kaiser, we can build new yards damn quick. On the tactical side, we have Weatherby.

http://www.weatherby.com/products/rifles...assis.html

Beavisbutthead

I'm certain NY along with every other Clinton state would join CA.  With that comes the two biggest navel yards on the planet at San Diego and Norfolk.  Add-in the homeports for the Ohio class subs in CT and WA along with NORAD in CO, and I'm pretty sure the Clinton States of America wouldn't have much to worry about.  Moreover, the cyber warfare capacity in CA, MD and VA would pretty much make anything above a pop gun in Trumpland pretty much not worth more than dead paperweights.
No, I remember the old threads, you have to give that all back.
(11-10-2016, 09:10 PM)Danilynn Wrote:
(11-10-2016, 09:03 PM)playwrite Wrote:

feeling is mutual.

unfortunately we are stuck just like cali.

it's called suck it up and deal with it like we have since 1865.

The difference is we had something to offer call modernity and pulled you all out of abject poverty and general illiteracy (with some notable Southern writier exceptions who generally hated the culture they were born in; their catharsis being to write about it).

You offer a return to the stone age to worship White male knuckle draggers with ammosexual fixations.

Thanks, but no thanks.
wow. name calling.

*so mature*

*sigh*

and you even missed the sarcasm laced first post too.

Not arguing with you. I just find the liberal tears and wailing amusing. Have a good night man.
(11-10-2016, 09:15 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: I think some sort of agreement with Mexico could be arranged to give y'all a bit more water. Y'all may need some desal plants or Rags can provide some Oklahoma water for a fee.

We're the pros at dealing with drought conditions. Things we learned even as kids.

OK, but what about that electricity issue? Cali imports a lot of electricity.
---Value Added Cool
(11-10-2016, 09:01 PM)Copperfield Wrote:
(11-10-2016, 07:25 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote: Here are some others.

Wind energy supply map

Yeah those natural resources can be a real bitch can't they. I wouldn't give away your water for free though Rags. Surely they must have something of value to trade other than population. They do have some timber and mineral resources but those aren't exactly exclusive to California...

You ever hear of the Iphone?

Yours is typical 19th Century thinking.  You all would turn into just another Russia or Saudia Arabia; we'd play you off of one another and have back up from our Canadian and Mexican allies.  You'd basically be our captured suppliers. Foreign aid to keep you afloat and in line.

The amount of money Californians send to the feds to redistribute to you all would instead fund enough de-sal plants that CA would be an net exporter of water.  They'd probable could make the CO River reverse direction to help their partnered states of NV and CO with the secondary benefit of keeping both AZ and UT on the leash until they get it together enough (e.g. exporting their ammosexuals to some other Red State backwoods) for a successful petition for entry to the Blue States of America.
(11-10-2016, 09:22 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(11-10-2016, 09:15 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: I think some sort of agreement with Mexico could be arranged to give y'all a bit more water. Y'all may need some desal plants or Rags can provide some Oklahoma water for a fee.

We're the pros at dealing with drought conditions. Things we learned even as kids.

OK, but what about that electricity issue? Cali imports a lot of electricity.

The state of Washington has surplus electricity production and they're already on the grid.  They're not stupid in WA and OR (at least on the west side of the Cascades); if California goes, WA and every other Clinton state will join them.

And eventually, while Trumpland is still living the petro world, they will all be on renewables with an awesome electrical grid and computerized network of driverless cars.  They'll force their kids to visit Trumpland as an educational experience of what their parents had to deal with when growing up.  The kids will be as astonished as a kid today that goes to the American History Museum and sees a phone with a rotary dial on it.  We'll have to grid them for their first encounter of an ammosexual, however.
(11-10-2016, 09:42 PM)playwrite Wrote: The state of Washington has surplus electricity production and they're already on the grid.  They're not stupid in WA and OR (at least on the west side of the Cascades); if California goes, WA and every other Clinton state will join them.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, that would work.  It would also connect California with British Columbia.  That makes joining Canada possible.  

Quote:And eventually, while Trumpland is still living the petro world, they will all be on renewables with an awesome electrical grid and computerized network of driverless cars.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_power_in_Oklahoma

Yes, thank you for admitting the obvious, but not well known. "They will all be on renewables"...
The grid will of course be awesome.  Oklahoma has blizzards,tornadoes, and now earthquakes. A durable grid of course is a must. Cool

Quote:  They'll force their kids to visit Trumpland as an educational experience of what their parents had to deal with when growing up.  The kids will be as astonished as a kid today that goes to the American History Museum and sees a phone with a rotary dial on it.  We'll have to grid them for their first encounter of an ammosexual, however.

Playwrite, playwrite:

You've written lots of venom soaked posts tonight.  I think you need , say 8 of these:
[Image: stock-photo-bloody-mary-cocktails-isolat...936427.jpg]
---Value Added Cool
(11-10-2016, 09:34 PM)playwrite Wrote:
(11-10-2016, 09:01 PM)Copperfield Wrote:
(11-10-2016, 08:08 PM)Copperfield Wrote: So Rags, where do you suppose California secessionists will be getting their water from? As I know you are fond of investment in resources, could you please provide Eric with an estimate (in Calidollars) what it will cost him to fill his greatest basic need? Big Grin

Wind energy supply map

You ever hear of the Iphone?

Yours is typical 19th Century thinking.  You all would turn into just another Russia or Saudia Arabia; we'd play you off of one another and have back up from our Canadian and Mexican allies.  You'd basically be our captured suppliers. Foreign aid to keep you afloat and in line.

The amount of money Californians send to the feds to redistribute to you all would instead fund enough de-sal plants that CA would be an net exporter of water.  They'd probable could make the CO River reverse direction to help their partnered states of NV and CO with the secondary benefit of keeping both AZ and UT on the leash until they get it together enough (e.g. exporting their ammosexuals to some other Red State backwoods) for a successful petition for entry to the Blue States of America.

You mean those devices made in China, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan (pretty much anywhere not California)? Don't use one personally. There are plenty of far cheaper smartphones with identical technology (and a headphone jack).  Never been much on purchasing status symbols personally. That's generally a California/NYC thing. Of course after you folks secede, you may need to turn a little more towards function over form. I think it will be good for you. Those city dwellers crammed into the really tight spaces will be running low on those little things like food. Once they run out, they are going to start looking to some of those nicer gated communities just outside the city limits. Unless you plan to start feeding them Iphones...

Or maybe you folks will start learning how to trade really fucking fast (hint: be polite!). Who knows. Sure will be fun to watch though. Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will Millennials fulfill their "civic" role and vote in midterms? Eric the Green 1 655 04-02-2022, 08:16 PM
Last Post: JasonBlack
  U.S. House set to vote on bills to expand gun background checks Adar 0 744 03-08-2021, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Adar
  Don’t Vote for a Psychopath: Tyranny at the Hands of a Psychopathic Government random3 32 6,363 02-11-2021, 07:48 PM
Last Post: random3
  House of Delegates, Senate panel vote to ban electronic 'skill' games Luza 0 606 02-03-2021, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Luza
  Why rural voters don’t vote Democratic anymore Dan '82 82 51,843 03-12-2020, 04:36 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Ohio lawmakers vote to give themselves a pay raise Unicorn 18 4,795 12-10-2019, 06:09 AM
Last Post: nvfd
  Vote to impeach Trump and risk death, adviser says nebraska 0 1,160 12-26-2017, 08:08 AM
Last Post: nebraska
  [split] I VOTE YES ON CALEXIT! Kinser79 0 1,232 03-11-2017, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Kinser79
  [split] I VOTE YES ON CALEXIT! SomeGuy 0 1,352 03-10-2017, 12:52 PM
Last Post: SomeGuy
  Vote Trump or die, says Russia. Einzige 3 3,636 10-12-2016, 09:57 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green