Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory
I VOTE YES ON CALEXIT! - Printable Version

+- Generational Theory Forum: The Fourth Turning Forum: A message board discussing generations and the Strauss Howe generational theory (http://generational-theory.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Fourth Turning Forums (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Current Events (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-34.html)
+---- Forum: General Political Discussion (http://generational-theory.com/forum/forum-15.html)
+---- Thread: I VOTE YES ON CALEXIT! (/thread-548.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: I VOTE YES ON CALEXIT! - Marypoza - 01-31-2017

(01-31-2017, 12:23 AM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(01-31-2017, 12:08 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-30-2017, 11:53 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: But the blue is the majority by 2.86 million votes.

This whole idea would not be necessary if you guys grew up and dropped your Reaganomics and its associated dog whistles for white power and Christian fundamentalism. The Confederacy was no utopia, mate.
It's looks like the majority of the blues live along the west coast. Do we still need the west coast? Which side of the San Andreas fault are you and the majority of blues located? The right side or the wrong side as you and the blue survival as a majority are concerned.

Oh, that's easy.   The San Andreas Fault does indeed do a good match of being a red/blue divide.  So the Pacific plate is blue and the North American plate is mostly red.  That can be a problem though.  It's hard to build a wall next to a seismically active area.

Speaking of walls, we have a hypocrite.  Mark Fuckerberg is it.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/06/29/technology/mark-zuckerberg-wall/index.html
http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/news/2016/04/12/zuckerberg-references-trumps-call-border-wall-f8-conference/82940466/

-- he can be the biggest hypocrite on the planet as long as he don't mess with my fb posts

RE: I VOTE YES ON CALEXIT! - Classic-Xer - 01-31-2017

(01-31-2017, 12:20 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(01-30-2017, 11:53 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: But the blue is the majority by 2.86 million votes.

This whole idea would not be necessary if you guys grew up and dropped your Reaganomics and its associated dog whistles for white power and Christian fundamentalism. The Confederacy was no utopia, mate.
It's looks like the majority of the blues live along the west coast. Do we still need the west coast? Which side of the San Andreas fault are you and the majority of blues located? The right side or the wrong side as you and the blue survival as a majority are concerned.

LOL Classic, no that won't quite work. The San Andreas verges out to sea on the left side (west side) of San Francisco. It's also west of San Jose. Then it goes back on land, but only in the Point Reyes Seashore area. I suppose there's a few fault lines to the east that could work tho.

Blues are usually stronger on the northeast coast than the west coast. This year because of Trump and his anti-Mexican hoopla, that shifted because of the large number of hispanics in the southwest, and a Rust Belt element in some of the eastern states.
Darn. I was hoping that God could take care of that issue for us. Are you still stuck on the 2.86 million votes that didn't matter? Trump seems to have fun smearing your faces with it and I'm having fun watching your media making fools of themselves on CNN and other places.

RE: I VOTE YES ON CALEXIT! - Ragnarök_62 - 01-31-2017

LOL Classic, no that won't quite work. The San Andreas verges out to sea on the left side (west side) of San Francisco. It's also west of San Jose. Then it goes back on land, but only in the Point Reyes Seashore area. I suppose there's a few fault lines to the east that could work tho.

Blues are usually stronger on the northeast coast than the west coast. This year because of Trump and his anti-Mexican hoopla, that shifted because of the large number of hispanics in the southwest, and a Rust Belt element in some of the eastern states.

Maybe we can piece some of the faults in the fault zone together, eh?

[Image: samap.jpg]

RE: I VOTE YES ON CALEXIT! - Classic-Xer - 01-31-2017

(01-31-2017, 12:23 AM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:

Oh, that's easy.   The San Andreas Fault does indeed do a good match of being a red/blue divide.  So the Pacific plate is blue and the North American plate is mostly red.  That can be a problem though.  It's hard to build a wall next to a seismically active area.

Speaking of walls, we have a hypocrite.  Mark Fuckerberg is it.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/06/29/technology/mark-zuckerberg-wall/index.html
http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/news/2016/04/12/zuckerberg-references-trumps-call-border-wall-f8-conference/82940466/
A liberal love dove building a wall to keep unwanted people from freely entering his property. What's the world coming to!!!!!?

RE: I VOTE YES ON CALEXIT! - Eric the Green - 01-31-2017

(01-31-2017, 12:36 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:

Darn. I was hoping that God could take care of that issue for us. Are you still stuck on the 2.86 million votes that didn't matter? Trump seems to have fun smearing your faces with it and I'm having fun watching your media making fools of themselves on CNN and other places.

And I'm having fun watching the media making fools out of Trump for his narcissism over still having to prove that he won the election lol

(01-31-2017, 12:45 AM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:

I think geo-politics moves a hell of a lot faster than geo-plate tectonics. But then, red climate science deniers are having trouble understanding the relative speed of changes in that field too.

(01-31-2017, 01:33 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: <snip>

I think geo-politics moves a hell of a lot faster than geo-plate tectonics. But then, red climate science deniers are having trouble understanding the relative speed of changes in that field too.

Let's try this again. 

1. Look for San Fransisco.  This should be easy for Eric since that's in your neighborhood.
2. Now, look at all of those faults around San Francisco.
3. I'm sure one of those makes a nice blue /red boundary we can use. I'm sure one or more of those is east of the blue zone.

RE: I VOTE YES ON CALEXIT! - Marypoza - 01-31-2017

(01-31-2017, 01:43 AM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(01-31-2017, 01:33 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: <snip>

Let's try this again. 

1. Look for San Fransisco.  This should be easy for Eric since that's in your neighborhood.
2. Now, look at all of those faults around San Francisco.
3. I'm sure one of those makes a nice blue /red boundary we can use. I'm sure one or more of those is east of the blue zone.

--mebbe the Hayward Fault?

Yes I was suggesting that in my posts, which you have trouble reading.

It's still just an arbitrary line; an actual political red-blue division would be still further east. The lands west of the faults are not going to separate off into the sea. Although maybe Tulsi thinks so.

By the way it's a pretty good bet that the Hayward Fault will blow sometime soon after late August of this year.

(01-31-2017, 02:16 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: Yes I was suggesting that in my posts, which you have trouble reading.

It's still just an arbitrary line; an actual political red-blue division would be still further east. The lands west of the faults are not going to separate off into the sea. Although maybe Tulsi thinks so.

By the way it's a pretty good bet that the Hayward Fault will blow sometime soon after late August of this year.

Tulsi isn't party of the California fault discussion, silly. Tongue
And... no, chunks of California don't go slip slip sliding into Pacific due to faults.  Storms that cause landslides, sure, faults no. Cool

(01-31-2017, 02:32 AM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(01-31-2017, 02:16 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: Yes I was suggesting that in my posts, which you have trouble reading.

Tulsi isn't party of the California fault discussion, silly. Tongue
And... no, chunks of California don't go slip slip sliding into Pacific due to faults.  Storms that cause landslides, sure, faults no. Cool

If Tulsi can make up a fantasy about an American war that doesn't exist, why not a Calexit into the sea? Tongue

RE: I VOTE YES ON CALEXIT! - Bob Butler 54 - 01-31-2017

(01-31-2017, 11:59 AM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: California is actually adding new land to the continent. There are places where sea shells less than 1M years old (which are not even properly fossilized yet) are up on top of the hills. We are making America even greater than it already is.

Usa

Ah.  The earthquakes are just growing pains, then?

RE: I VOTE YES ON CALEXIT! - Eric the Green - 02-02-2017

Canadians invite California, Oregon and Washington to join Canada
November 12, 2016
https://thinkpol.ca/2016/11/12/canadians-invite-california-oregon-and-washington-to-join-canada/

[Image: BlankMap-USA-states-Canada-provinces-1024-1024.png]

Canadians are inviting people in the United States Pacific coastal states of California, Oregon and Washington, where United States President-elect Donald Trump lost heavily to his Democratic rival Hillary Clinton, to secede from the US and join Canada.

“Dear California, Oregon, Washington – I’m sure we can work something out if you want to join Canada,” Chad Harris, a reporter from Kamloops, British Columbia, tweeted.

“California, Oregon, Washington, I, for one, will accept you with open arms into the liberal bosom of Canada,” Alex Middleton of Calgary, Alberta agreed.

“Now is the time for Canada to prepare to add 3 provinces, Washington, Oregon and California,” fellow British Columbian Craig Heber from Tofino shared the sentiment. “Guaranteed means to grow economy would be adding the sixth largest economy in the world to ours.”

Some extended the invitation to Nevada, also won by the Democratic candidate.

“To the west coast of the United States, if you want to you can all become Canadian Provinces, since you voted closer to the experiences we have as Canadian,” Calgarian Andrew Mercier said in a Facebook post. “Therefore WA, OR, NV, and CA you are now provinces, also bring all the goodness that you have to us!!!”

Others want Hawaii, another so-called “Blue State” and outgoing President Barack Obama’s birthplace, to become a Canadian province.

“Dear USA west coast – Washington, Oregon, California and Hawaii – come and join Canada, we’d welcome you!,” Torry Courte, a musician and songwriter from Vancouver, British Columbia, tweeted.

“California, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii,” Rick Spence from Toronto, Ontario, tweeted. “Don’t bother to count the votes. Join Canada. Just try us out for four years.”

How do the disgruntled voters in the West Coast states feel about joining?

Douglas Cole of Beaverton, Oregon, summed up the feelings of many shocked West Coasters in a humorous open letter.

Dear Canada,

We, the fine people of Washington, Oregon, and California, wish to secede. We offer our people, our land, and our resources to you, Oh Canada. We promise not to fight this, but instead, to fight FOR this. Although, you being…you know…Canadians, we’re confident in a polite transition as we become your fourth territory, Washorefornia.

Or Calorington.
We’re fine with either.
Just please take us.
Pretty please?

With Love and Great Respect,
The Western Former US States

“These days I love daydreaming about Washington, Oregon, and California all ceding from the US and joining Canada,” Scott Dixon of Mercer Island, Washington, posted on Facebook. “Besides that this would form a country that had one of the largest economies in the world (California is #6, Canada is #8 by GDP), it certainly seems like the American West coast has more in common with British Columbia then it does Idaho, Utah, and Arizona (In my daydream Nevada also cedes but becomes it’s own mad-max themed nation-state).”

“Hey Canada, I have a proposal for you,” Dave Lewis, of San Francisco, California posted on Facebook. “I say we take Washington, Oregon, California and Hawaii, combine them with Canada and make one amazing country. Lots of new coastline. Who’s in?”

“Dear Mr Trump, I’ve figured it out,” Patrick Heffernan of San Diego, California posted. “End the deficit by selling Washington, Oregon, and California to Canada. We don’t mind.”

A merger with the Pacific states would more than double Canada’s population from 35 million to 83 million, while tripling the GDP from US$ 1.5 trillion to US$ 4.5 trillion.

RE: I VOTE YES ON CALEXIT! - Eric the Green - 02-06-2017

Trump Just Threatened to Defund The State Of California
By Grant Stern Posted on February 6, 2017
http://occupydemocrats.com/2017/02/06/trump-just-threatened-defund-state-california/

The state of California’s Democratic lawmakers began planning to fight Donald Trump’s dubious “Sanctuary Cities” executive order last weekend. The City of San Francisco and Santa Clara County both filed suit (see below) against the President over the issue. After initial reports indicated the state of California was seeking ways to strip funding from federal programs to make up the shortfall, state Democratic Senators voted to make the entire state into the first “Sanctuary State.” If passed, California’s law would call upon the Constitution’s 10th Amendment to shield all municipalities from ever being forced to follow a federal enforcement mandate in immigration law.

Now, the President said in a TV interview that he plans to punish America’s largest state economy, which has over 1/7th of our nation’s population, is the sixth-largest economy in the world, and is a significant net donor state to the federal budget. CNBC reports:

“If we have to, we’ll defund,” he said. “We give tremendous amounts of money to California.” California is “out of control” in many ways, and voters agree “otherwise they wouldn’t have voted for me,” he added. Trump lost California, which leans left politically, by a wide margin to former Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton.

“I don’t want to defund the state or city, I don’t want to defund anybody, I want to give them the money they need to properly operate a city or a state,” Trump said. That said, “if they’re going to have sanctuary cities we may have to do that – certainly that would be a weapon.” The president told Fox he is very much opposed to sanctuary cities, which he called “ridiculous.” Trump also added, “They breed crime, there’s a lot of problems.”

CNBC also said that up to $9 billion dollars of vital federal research funds which are currently going to the state’s acclaimed university system, much of which has turned Silicon Valley into the nation’s premiere skilled employment center. The state’s two largest recipient cities who don’t enforce immigration law (because legally they don’t have to) are San Francisco and Los Angeles, which together receive over $500 million dollars in federal funding annually. According to Reuters, the top ten American cities impacted will lose up to $2.27 billion dollars of the financing per year if the order is fully enforced.

California only gets back 78 cents for every federal tax dollar sent off to Washington, D.C. already making the state a major supporter of the many small states which voted Republican. In fact, a 2014 study by The Atlantic found that California is one of the very few states to get a negative return on investment

Trump’s blundering and thoughtless actions are going create yet another constitutional crisis as he fights the behemoth state of California, who is one of the least dependent on federal aid. If California’s plan to become a sanctuary state becomes a reality, the President’s misguided executive order will have had the entirely opposite of the intended effect and will place the feds forever on the wrong side of the law in one of America’s major border states.

California’s law and the resulting fight with President Trump Bannon will also provide a blueprint for other cities and states seeking to use the Constitution’s 10th Amendment to check federal power in law enforcement, possibly weakening our central government in unforeseen ways around the country.

http://occupydemocrats.com/2017/02/06/trump-just-threatened-defund-state-california/

RE: I VOTE YES ON CALEXIT! - tg63 - 02-06-2017

(02-02-2017, 01:49 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: Well in the case of OR and WA they would simply revert to (British) Columbia. Since there would no longer be a need to distinguish the part of the former Columbia Territory north of 49N, the whole province could just be called Columbia. Realistically, though, since the most populated province is Ontario, and even so, is less populated than any one of the  three states, we'd have to subdivide the west coast into several new provinces in order to maintain order.

umm, we have a few more folks in Ontario than Washington & Oregon ... combined ...

Ontario: 13.6M
Washington: 7.17
Oregon: 4.03

but hey, we're super polite up here, however y'all want to split things up would be okay with us. Smile

RE: I VOTE YES ON CALEXIT! - Marypoza - 02-06-2017

(02-06-2017, 12:10 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Trump Just Threatened to Defund The State Of California
By Grant Stern Posted on February 6, 2017

The state of California’s Democratic lawmakers began planning to fight Donald Trump’s dubious “Sanctuary Cities” executive order last weekend. The City of San Francisco and Santa Clara County both filed suit (see below) against the President over the issue.  After initial reports indicated the state of California was seeking ways to strip funding from federal programs to make up the shortfall, state Democratic Senators voted to make the entire state into the first “Sanctuary State.” If passed, California’s law would call upon the Constitution’s 10th Amendment to shield all municipalities from ever being forced to follow a federal enforcement mandate in immigration law.

Now, the President said in a TV interview that he plans to punish America’s largest state economy, which has over 1/7th of our nation’s population, is the sixth-largest economy in the world, and is a significant net donor state to the federal budget. CNBC reports:

“If we have to, we’ll defund,” he said. “We give tremendous amounts of money to California.”  California is “out of control” in many ways, and voters agree “otherwise they wouldn’t have voted for me,” he added. Trump lost California, which leans left politically, by a wide margin to former Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton.

“I don’t want to defund the state or city, I don’t want to defund anybody, I want to give them the money they need to properly operate a city or a state,” Trump said. That said, “if they’re going to have sanctuary cities we may have to do that – certainly that would be a weapon.”  The president told Fox he is very much opposed to sanctuary cities, which he called “ridiculous.” Trump also added, “They breed crime, there’s a lot of problems.”

CNBC also said that up to $9 billion dollars of vital federal research funds which are currently going to the state’s acclaimed university system, much of which has turned Silicon Valley into the nation’s premiere skilled employment center.  The state’s two largest recipient cities who don’t enforce immigration law (because legally they don’t have to) are San Francisco and Los Angeles, which together receive over $500 million dollars in federal funding annually. According to Reuters, the top ten American cities impacted will lose up to $2.27 billion dollars of the financing per year if the order is fully enforced.

California only gets back 78 cents for every federal tax dollar sent off to Washington, D.C. already making the state a major supporter of the many small states which voted Republican. In fact, a 2014 study by The Atlantic found that California is one of the very few states to get a negative return on investment

Trump’s blundering and thoughtless actions are going create yet another constitutional crisis as he fights the behemoth state of California, who is one of the least dependent on federal aid. If California’s plan to become a sanctuary state becomes a reality, the President’s misguided executive order will have had the entirely opposite of the intended effect and will place the feds forever on the wrong side of the law in one of America’s major border states.

California’s law and the resulting fight with President Trump Bannon will also provide a blueprint for other cities and states seeking to use the Constitution’s 10th Amendment to check federal power in law enforcement, possibly weakening our central government in unforeseen ways around the country.

-- CA has the 5th largest ecomomy in the world (not the country, the world, ie planet earth) l doubt losing ferderal funding is gonna take much skin off its butt, esp if they keep the $ they send to the Govt to compensate. Calexit, here we come!!

Hmmmmm....... can a Washexit be next?

https://getenigma.tv/the-governor-of-washington-just-declared-donald-trump-an-enemy-of-the-united-states-this-is-powerful/

RE: I VOTE YES ON CALEXIT! - Ragnarök_62 - 02-06-2017

(02-06-2017, 04:06 PM)Marypoza Wrote: Hmmmmm....... can a Washexit be next?

https://getenigma.tv/the-governor-of-washington-just-declared-donald-trump-an-enemy-of-the-united-states-this-is-powerful/

Well, why stop at States?  I bet the eastern parts of the Pacific states would like to secede from their states.

And speaking of MoonbeamLand just look at this LSD inspired building! Tongue

[Image: eyesore-Jan-17.jpg]

Kunstler Wrote:Beh0ld, this humdinger, The Wrapper” (artist’s rendering) designed by architect Eric Own Moss for Culver City, California, a dreary gerrymandered backwater of Los Angeles under the LAX flight-path. Is the building wearing a straight-jacket to prevent it from hurting itself? It demonstrates that the architecture “community” won’t tire of playing self-referential computer games with large objects that the public has to live with for generations. Developer Frederick Samitaur Smith told The LA Times it’s been repeatably delayed given the difficulty gaining city approvals for the structure, because of its unique exoskeleton. What a surprise! Notice the anticipated pedestrian activity around the building’s base. Makes Blade Runner look like Jimmy Stewart’s Bedford Falls. Happy New Year everybody!

(02-06-2017, 06:25 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:

Well, why stop at States?  I bet the eastern parts of the Pacific states would like to secede from their states.

Kunstler Wrote:Beh0ld, this humdinger, The Wrapper” (artist’s rendering) designed by architect Eric Own Moss for Culver City, California, a dreary gerrymandered backwater of Los Angeles under the LAX flight-path. Is the building wearing a straight-jacket to prevent it from hurting itself? It demonstrates that the architecture “community” won’t tire of playing self-referential computer games with large objects that the public has to live with for generations. Developer Frederick Samitaur Smith told The LA Times it’s been repeatably delayed given the difficulty gaining city approvals for the structure, because of its unique exoskeleton. What a surprise! Notice the anticipated pedestrian activity around the building’s base. Makes Blade Runner look like Jimmy Stewart’s Bedford Falls. Happy New Year everybody!

-- you read cluserf*ck nation too? (Oh yeah of course you would ) anyhow check out the link l posted in the Civil War thread

RE: I VOTE YES ON CALEXIT! - Eric the Green - 02-06-2017

(02-06-2017, 06:25 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:

Interesting design, but I might not like my window to be behind one of those skeleton ribs.