Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does this Crisis echo the Glorious Revolutuon?
(01-05-2017, 03:43 PM)flbones too Wrote: I think it echos the last 4T

It is echoing the next previous 4T quite strongly; the civil war saeculum. And the Revolutionary one too, as well as the last one of 1929-46. Double and triple rhythms are coming into play quite strongly.

It is less like the last 4T, in that a strong enough consensus was achieved soon so that drastic reforms could be made. Then we faced a clear-cut foreign threat. Today's 4T is, on the other hand, much like circa 1848-1865. The authors pronounced the 1850s "an anomaly" because its crisis nature was not obvious. That is just like today, when some here can't see that the 4T began in 2008, because of all the dithering and wavering. The dithering and wavering of these two eras, the 1850s and today, has the same cause: the division of the country. THAT was the crisis then, and THAT is the crisis now. And, like 3 times ago, only a Revolution can solve it. And it may, if we're lucky, be a Revolution akin to the Glorious one.

We need in fact to change to a parliamentary system based on the British model. That's what all other modern democracies are based on, more than the American, because it is a more democratic and less authoritarian system than an "elected king" like we have. That need has been demonstrated by our king's reckless and deadly foreign policy adventures, which he can simply order into being. Now, with King Donald, succeeding King George W. the third, the need could become stark.

I don't know if it will happen, but if the double rhythm holds and goes back to the Glorious, it could.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does this Crisis echo the Glorious Revolutuon? - by Eric the Green - 01-05-2017, 04:14 PM